• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W211 -Mods , What to do next ?

Guest bac

Greetings,

I am a newbie here.

Read the other modification thread with interest. So many things can be done.

Kbox,C230 compressor,intercooler ,header and so on......

My question is what to do first, one by one. Doing everything in one go will not be able to feel the various effects of each items.

I want to start with Kbox( pulley, air filter, regulator ) first. After this what should be done next and so on.

Last question, fixing the kleeman header without having a straight thru cat, will the power be significant ?

Thanks in advance. Cheers

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pipn8ez

From my own personal experience with modding - it is absolutely vital that you have a combination of the following :-

.Workshop/mechanic with intimate knowledge of the vehicle

.What do you want out of your ride ? Brute HP, handling etc ?

.Sufficient research on proposed mods

.Lots of spare $$$ if you are very very adventurous with your mods

Setting a target to maximize your mod work is very very important as it will help

you stay focused. Better to do it all at one go IMHO as you will save on the labour charges in the long run.

IMHO, most aftermarket tuners already have indicative/conclusive reports for their parts showing the benefits so it's no point for you "testing out" each part really.

What I think you might want to do is to work out which combination of these parts will work to give you the best results. Better yet, just go for a stage 1 or 2 upgrade! ;D

I understand its going to be $$$.

Not intending to do all at once or for sheer speed.

Just inquiring after Kbox, what is the next logical option ?

Intercooler , header or compressor......

Cheers