• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Switching Insurance - Beware of AIG

ayubaba

I stick to royal and son for years

everytime when insurance due, the company that I deal with will help to to source for other cheaper quotes but always comes back that royal and son have the best deal

when I change car, they will also rebate back the unused premiun

Thanks all for advice!!!

I have quit AIG and went back to previous insurer. Got my 20% NCD, Excess $250(chosen lowest since C&C is not approved list, need to pay double excess to repair at it), Premium: $1520 ($500 less than AIG).

Not a single word from AIG why I am leaving them... can companies survive these days without appreciating feedback??

About 4 years ago, AIG prematurely cancelled my policy for my 2nd car and refunded the premium because I answered NO to the question in the questionnaire as to whether I have any claims for the last 3 years.  Actually I had a claim from another Insurance about 2 years prior (short of 1 year).  They refused to consider my appeal. In fact I was still insured with them for my 1st car which they allowed to continue.  I had to scramble for another Insurer and fortunately I got AVIVA who accepted me.  Once my 1st car's policy expired I said bye bye to them and went to AVIVA who accepted me with open arms.  So far so good for my 2 cars.  

The questions insurance companies pose to potential customers play a big part in their risk assessment and therefore premium offered to you. I can understand why they prematurely cancelled your policy. Did they offer you a continuation of your policy albeit at a higher premium?

The questions insurance companies pose to potential customers play a big part in their risk assessment and therefore premium offered to you. I can understand why they prematurely cancelled your policy. Did they offer you a continuation of your policy albeit at a higher premium?

No, they did not offer any option to increase premium.  Simply cancelled the policy.  The irony is that I still had a policy with them for my 1st car which they did not cancel.