• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Modification

Guest angela

Guest CBlack

kepiting1sg ]

is that the dyno of your car? what' wrote:

ssssssshhhhh.........yes!!!! :-*......no header, but with st. thru, K pulley & C230 supercharger....quite song actually....gain arh???....see the chart mah!red line stock & green line after ;D

did you run the dyno stock first and then again with the mod? pls pm me how much the 230 kompressor cost.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Purple is correct..mine is purple also..I ordered before white but it fail to work. Ordered before blue it came out looking like green. So purple looks the most different...better than yellow i reckon.

Oh I tink I cause confusion? But then all the while I say mine is purple light not white light leh.. :-\

Guest CBlack

This is what happen, i bought 5 set all together. One for myself and 4 for other member, if they don't want I can sell to you.

Jason

Aaron

Kelvin

Victor

i still want. let me know when we can meet.

Guest Winningeleven

BTW how much must i pay for 1 set huh?

If any bros decided not to installed just tell me i will be glad to take over. :laugh:

Cheers

Guest mekenics

BTW how much must i pay for 1 set huh?

If any bros decided not to installed just tell me i will be glad to take over. :laugh:

Cheers

bro u can hv it... ;D

Guest Winningeleven

Ok bro,

When can i collect the bulbs from you?

How much do i pay in Sg to you huh?

Hi kompressor can we meet up 2morrow when you free to collect the bulbs from you?

You can call me at HP97644479.Thanks

Cheers

Guest CBlack

Kompressor ]

This is what happen, i bought 5 set all together. One for myself and 4 for other member, if they don' wrote:

i still want. let me know when we can meet.

bro, anytime la. tomorrow?

tomorrow can't make it. wait till the meet up.

Guest angela

Dear Member

I created this for anyone would like to share what you have done to your car. Not only performance mod, can also be interior or exterior mod.

Last but not least, I am still holding on my frosted headlight. Don't tease or laugh at me. :'(

Dear All,

Just a little introduction on my humble W203 mods:

Carlsson CRS kit

Depo Projector-styled Headlights

Twin exhaust kit

Thinking of installing quad exhaust and would like to find out if anyone here has already done so. Cheers!

Guest CBlack

gunbound888 ]

Dear Member

I created this for anyone would like to share what you have done to your car. Not only performance mod, can also be interior or exterior mod.

Last but not least, I am still holding on my frosted headlight. Don' wrote:

Dear All,

Carlsson CRS kit

Twin exhaust kit

Thinking of installing quad exhaust and would like to find out if anyone here has already done so. Cheers!

Carlsson CRS kit is nice :) i have always want it but never did it. >:(

Guest kepiting1sg

Dear All,

Carlsson CRS kit

Twin exhaust kit

Welcome! :D

Finally U have found your way here! ;D

Since you have the CRS kit, then go for the CRS Quad Exhaust lor!

Mai Ko Tan! Mai Ko Tu liao lah!

Just go & take the posion and be happy with it. ;D

You have to get LTA's approval for the Exhaust, the same I did for my Lorinser's twin L/R exhaust.

bild_02.jpgbild_03.jpgbild_04.jpgbild_05.jpgbild_06.jpg

Before I bought my Lorinser exhaust from Benzline, I applied for the LTA's approval myself.

1. First get Carlsson to give you copy of their TUV's certificate for this exhaust to state that it's meant for the W203 and fulfilled the required standard of emission and noise. (I got mine from Lorinser by emailing them.) If you can buying from Benzline or other, you might want them to get the approval for you or at least copy of Carlsson's TUV Cert and catalog.

2. You can go, write or fax to LTA your intention to change your exhaust and submit to them the following:-

a. Copy of the TUV Cert

b. A sketch of befor & after layout of your back exhaust system.

c. A copy of the catalog of the exhaust to show that it's meant for the W203.

3. Once you have LTA's approval in principle letter, you have to go to VIACOM for inspection. I think the charges if I am not wrong is $55.00 less discount for NTUC or AA member. :)

4. Upon passing the inspection, VIACOM will give you an approval letter. You keep both letters from LTA & VIACOM in your car in case your car is going for inspection or for the TP on the road who might dun like the looks of your car.

The process sounds tedious but it was a breeze for me.

Below taken from LTA site

Enquiries

For further advice and clarification on the use of headlamps or vehicle modifications, vehicle owners can write in to the Vehicle Engineering (VE) Department of LTA at 10 Sin Ming Drive, Singapore 575701. Alternatively, they can contact the Department through 1800 - CALL LTA (1800 - 2255 582) for further assistance.

Exhaust system

(e.g. exhaust manifolds, catalytic converters, mufflers, etc.)

The exhaust system, which consists of the exhaust manifold, catalytic converter and muffler, is used as part of a vehicle's exhaust emission control system to ensure that the exhaust emission meets our environmental requirements. Any modification to the exhaust system would therefore require LTA's approval. The following should be submitted to LTA for evaluation:

a) Certification from the product manufacturer stating that the proposed aftermarket exhaust system is suitable for the make and model of the vehicle.

B) Certifications or test reports from LTA/NEA recognised test laboratories to show that the aftermarket exhaust system when fitted to the vehicle on a per make and model basis complied with prevailing exhaust emission standards.

Note: Removing catalytic converters and mufflers are not allowed as it will adversely affect the exhaust emission characteristics of the vehicle.

bild_01.gif

Guest angela

Hi Bro,

Thanks for your detailed reply. I have seen your ride a couple of times and it looks brilliant! By the way, how much did you pay for your exhaust? I think the carlsson quad ones will probably cost in excess of $3k...

Guest kepiting1sg

Hi Bro,

Thanks for your detailed reply. I have seen your ride a couple of times and it looks brilliant! By the way, how much did you pay for your exhaust? I think the carlsson quad ones will probably cost in excess of $3k...

Thank you for your compliment!

IMHO, Having the CRS kit, and not having the quad exhaust is a waste!

The Lorinser Exhaust cost me >S$2K+

Guest Winningeleven

Hi kompressor,

When can i collect the bulbs from you ?

Can please give me a call or SMS me to arrange a time, i can go down and collect from you.

Thanks........................

Guest Winningeleven

Kelvin, do you still want it?

3 set @ 8.67 GBP

wow others dun want huh?? if other mai, than i take lor... up to 3 sets..

my set i sure want, just bring it to meetup will pay u...

Yo bro, dun forget to reserve 1 set for me huh ::)

BTW i still dun no where to collect since i won't be free from 26/05/07-02/06/07

Can anyone staying at the west area collect for me 1st than when i came back i will go pick up from you i dun mind to transfer the $ to you 1st or straight to kompressor......

Just to sidetrack a little and also keep this tread alive.

Been a regular follower of this mag called "Only Mercedes". Though don't understand jap but the pictures I find already worth the $22 bucks. Got a lot of things that those japanese do to mod their merc..best part is that the things they do are all very uncommon!

Can go browse at Kinokuniya if dont wish to purchase...but have to bring to counter to unwrap first...

Its my monthly poison.... ;)

Cclass.jpg

Guest Winningeleven

Ya agreed with bro OKL

This mag pictures is really worth the $ but i pay only $5 for a copy ;D

Came across it at autobacs i think its used 1 but i don't mind since i dun understanded jap as well.