• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Modification

Guest angela

Guest angela

Dear Member

I created this for anyone would like to share what you have done to your car. Not only performance mod, can also be interior or exterior mod.

Last but not least, I am still holding on my frosted headlight. Don't tease or laugh at me. :'(

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kepiting1sg

Dear Member

I created this for anyone would like to share what you have done to your car. Not only performance mod, can also be interior or exterior mod.

Last but not least, I am still holding on my frosted headlight. Don't tease or laugh at me. :'(

My Kleemann K-Box died on me last week after nearly 3 years.

Water got into it and caused the engine malfunction light to be lighted up and loss of compression. :'(

Again my thanks to Kelvin of MBM who ripped it out for me and put my car back to stock without charging me a single cent. :-*

No thanks to the installer who instaled it just directly under the bonnet grill where rain water just pour over it when it rains. >:(

For the non performance mod, it's in my sig. below.

Water got into it and caused the engine malfunction light to be lighted up and loss of compression. :'(

Again my thanks to Kelvin of MBM who ripped it out for me and put my car back to stock without charging me a single cent. :-*

No thanks to the installer who instaled it just directly under the bonnet grill where rain water just pour over it when it rains. >:(

not going for another bite????

Guest kepiting1sg

keltanky ]

Water got into it and caused the engine malfunction light to be lighted up and loss of compression. :' wrote:

not going for another bite????

Told Kelvin @ MBM that I will go stock for awhile and see if I misses anything! ;D

If I go back to the K Box again, probably I will also go for the Varth Intercooler.....sigh!!! :(

Dear Member

Hi,

Have been doing up my car constantly since I got it 5 years ago. Wanted to do more performance mods but held back as they are $$$ and also wondering if I should go that way. Anyway just a list of what I did for introduction and sharing info.

W203 C Class

Interior:

1. Panel Cubic Printing from Wood to Black Stripe

2. Steering Wheel change to Alancatra type.

3. Gear shift change.

4. Alphine 7" screen audio.

5. Changing all the interior bulb to white.

6. Window tinting to darker shade.

Exterior:

1. Bi-xenon headlamp (8000k H.I.D)

2. Taillamp change with clear side blinker. License plate lamp to purple cos can't find white.

3. Eibach Spring to lower car.

4. Brembo brake cover ( To bring the little chao ah beng in me to perfection. AMG can't fit my rims)

5. Sprint Booster

6. Kleemann K box

7. Undercarriage Lights ( More ah beng installation) Actually not driven it switch on...just for self appreciation.

8. Full Fab Design bodykit.

9. License plate 3D Silver plating.

10. Front grille change to bigger star.

Read through the forum and came across things like exhaust mod which I have not venture and curious. I was wondering if it is possible to do some mod to produce sounds like those powerful ones but not "lao hong" kind. Also open to poison which are not that costly. ;)

Rgds

Guest CBlack

Hi,

Have been doing up my car constantly since I got it 5 years ago. Wanted to do more performance mods but held back as they are $$$ and also wondering if I should go that way. Anyway just a list of what I did for introduction and sharing info.

W203 C Class

Interior:

1. Panel Cubic Printing from Wood to Black Stripe

2. Steering Wheel change to Alancatra type.

3. Gear shift change.

4. Alphine 7" screen audio.

5. Changing all the interior bulb to white.

6. Window tinting to darker shade.

Exterior:

1. Bi-xenon headlamp (8000k H.I.D)

2. Taillamp change with clear side blinker. License plate lamp to purple cos can't find white.

3. Eibach Spring to lower car.

4. Brembo brake cover ( To bring the little chao ah beng in me to perfection. AMG can't fit my rims)

5. Sprint Booster

6. Kleemann K box

7. Undercarriage Lights ( More ah beng installation) Actually not driven it switch on...just for self appreciation.

8. Full Fab Design bodykit.

9. License plate 3D Silver plating.

10. Front grille change to bigger star.

Read through the forum and came across things like exhaust mod which I have not venture and curious. I was wondering if it is possible to do some mod to produce sounds like those powerful ones but not "lao hong" kind. Also open to poison which are not that costly. ;)

Rgds

hi bro, your car white colour right? i've seen it many times at mbm while i was there... very chio. also you taillamp change to s class style, right? can you tell me where you get the purple bulb for the license plate

Hi,

Welcome to our club, interested to join us our this coming BBQ meetup?

You can consider going down to Man Exhaust, tell MAN to mod your muffler to straight thru.

Thanks for the invite...me just join so kinda paiseh in the beginning...let me hang around the forum long enough first k?

With regards to Man Exhaust...hmm..will check it out one of these days..

Thanks!~

hi bro, your car white colour right? i've seen it many times at mbm while i was there... very chio. also you taillamp change to s class style, right? can you tell me where you get the purple bulb for the license plate

Hi bro,

Yeah been a regular of MBM and u got all the details right..thanks for the compliment :D

I got the purple bulb from Ebay which you might want to try it out. Only purple looks different..the blue don't really work that nicely. [ebay]200089024605[/ebay]

Hope it helps.

Guest mekenics

Kompressor ]

OKL ]

hi bro, your car white colour right? i' wrote:

Hi bro,

Yeah been a regular of MBM and u got all the details right..thanks for the compliment :D

I got the purple bulb from Ebay which you might want to try it out. Only purple looks different..the blue don' wrote:

200089024605[/ebay]

Hope it helps.

Cblack, if you want to buy, lets buy in quantity to save on the courier charges. maybe 20, 30 pcs

count me in on a pair too!(both hand upz)

mekenics ]

Kompressor ]

Hi bro,

I got the purple bulb from Ebay which you might want to try it out. Only purple looks different..the blue don' wrote:

200089024605[/ebay]

Hope it helps.

Cblack, if you want to buy, lets buy in quantity to save on the courier charges. maybe 20, 30 pcs

count me in on a pair too!(both hand upz)

I want also can??? but hmmm mine can anot???

still trying to do the alignment of my projectors

Guest Cklasse

Think OKL need to join us for BBQ so that we can look see, look see his car. Maybe there will be more group buy for other parts.

So, OKL please put in your name in the BBQ list.... ;D

Guest CBlack

OKL ]

CBlack ]

Hi bro,

200089024605[/ebay]

Hope it helps.

thanks for the info. remember to say hi if u see me there :)

Guest CBlack

i want. maybe we should start a topic and see how many members interested.

Think OKL need to join us for BBQ so that we can look see, look see his car. Maybe there will be more group buy for other parts.

So, OKL please put in your name in the BBQ list.... ;D

:-X

Weekends is out for me dude. If you need to see anything can arrange for weekdays.

Will be glad to be of any help. ;)

Guest angela

According to Kleemann installation guide, the K-Box is suppose to be placed inside the water tight fuse box. As the K-Box was originally designed for the LHD models, therefore its standard harness are not long enough to enable it to be stored at the left side of engine bay. Whoever the installer is, they should have a common sense to change the harness before installing mah. ;)

Guest kepiting1sg

According to Kleemann installation guide, the K-Box is suppose to be placed inside the water tight fuse box. As the K-Box was originally designed for the LHD models, therefore its standard harness are not long enough to enable it to be stored at the left side of engine bay. Whoever the installer is, they should have a common sense to change the harness before installing mah. ;)

Ya lor! looks like an idiotic no brain installer!

Somemore it was placed directly under the bonnel grill where when it rains, water pour over the K-Box directly.

Oh maybe it was C & C mechanic who moved it when I went for my last servicing???? ??? ??? ???

Anyway no one to blame but myself lor!!!!! >:( >:( >:(

To comfort myself, I am enjoying more low end torque now then with the K-Box ;D

To contradict myself, F$#ks!! there goes the rush of power after 3000 RPM.......wahahahaha! ;D

I dun like the idea of the Kleemann headers & the cat. converter change - lose more low end torque and I dun drive at high speed.

Still toying with the idea of putting back the K-Box but this time with the VAERTH Intercooler?

Appreciate your view and comments.

Cheers!

Guest angela

Try 230 Kompressor (Supercharger)! U will be able to get best of both world; good low and high end!

I dun like the idea of the Kleemann headers & the cat. converter change - lose more low end torque and I dun drive at high speed.

Still toying with the idea of putting back the K-Box but this time with the VAERTH Intercooler?

Cheers!

Just wondering if any bros or sisters have added any "zao chia" meters or gauges to their benz. ??? Or any other decorative instruments like LED lights etc, to their merc?

So far only seem the japanese cars get to do those stuff...will really be interesting to see them on a merc.

Pardon my bengness...

;D

Superione AirJets ST777, FuelJets SD800, Voltage Stabiliser & 10 pt Grd

Rodek Digital Voltage Meter

Pioneer DEH-P5850MPH

JBL CS60.4 60-Watt x 4-Channel Amplifier

JBL CS205 5-1/4" two way x4

Pioneer TS-A6955 6"x9" 3 way x2

Climax Tech EL DIALS

LED Tailights, Projector Headlights, SL Grill

Hi Kel,

Saw your siggy and curious about the Superione AirJets ST777, FuelJets SD800, Voltage Stabiliser & 10 pt Grd, Rodel Digital Voltage Meter and the Climax Tech El Dials.

Can advise on them and how they look like? Don't really know much....

Thanks!!

Guest kepiting1sg

CL203 ]

Try 230 Kompressor (Supercharger)! U will be able to get best of both world wrote:

Cheers!

Thank you for your advice!

I've a few more Qs and hope you can assist me

1. Is the M271 engine exactly the same as C180, C200, C230, E200 ML, SLK200, CLK 200 in all aspect?

2. Is the different tune (143hp, 163hp, 193hp) comes just from the Supercharger? or it need other stuff like intercooler, etc., ?

3. The compression ratio specs. for the M271 C180 is different from the C200 & C230.

Will fitting the C230 turbo charger on the C180 creat over compression problem for the C180 engine?

Although you may not be Buddha, but I wish to seek englightenment from you.....wahahahaha! ;D

Hi Kel,

Saw your siggy and curious about the Superione AirJets ST777, FuelJets SD800, Voltage Stabiliser & 10 pt Grd, Rodel Digital Voltage Meter and the Climax Tech El Dials.

Can advise on them and how they look like? Don't really know much....

Thanks!!

heres the link

Superione products

these products had helped me save $$ on petrol just a little bit..

Climax Tech's products

these can help anyone in their BENGness.... hehehe

for the Rodek meter, i got it for free, i attached it to the battery points!

Guest CBlack

Just wondering if any bros or sisters have added any "zao chia" meters or gauges to their benz. ??? Or any other decorative instruments like LED lights etc, to their merc?

So far only seem the japanese cars get to do those stuff...will really be interesting to see them on a merc.

Pardon my bengness...

;D

I saw a black E class with brabus bodykit installing led under the sideskirt