• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Navi disoriented

Realised that my Navi was not able to get a proper fix on my car's location when I took it out for a drive yesterday.  It kept showing my car in a wrong part of the map.  My traveling direction was also wrong.  Haiz! 

Anyone has encountered this problem before?  Issue with the GPS antenna?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which navi you using? Comand? Integrated aftermarket? Or those portable kind? Probably some issue with the antenna.

Yeah, it is.  It even shows my car as moving when I am driving but moving on a different part of the map.  Well, the consolation is at least it still shows that I am in Singapore!

Wifey is sending the car to rectify this problem later.

Comand will definitely show car is moving because the system gets speed and steering wheel info from the ECU. But it still needs the satellite reading to pin point where the car is and heading along which direction.

Start the car and let the System try to find a signal. If not, probably good to go back to workshop for diagnostics.

Bro Whizzard ...did u just install a car cam with gps recently?

No, the Mercedes car has no car cam yet ..... this car is mainly used by my wife.  Likely that we will buy the same model as mine (BlackVue DR500GW-HD) though I am tempted to buy a new dual cam for my car and "transfer" my DR500 to my wife's car.

Comand will definitely show car is moving because the system gets speed and steering wheel info from the ECU. But it still needs the satellite reading to pin point where the car is and heading along which direction.

Start the car and let the System try to find a signal. If not, probably good to go back to workshop for diagnostics.

Wife just reported that it was an antenna problem.  Got the antenna replaced and apparently it's now working as usual.

• 11 months later...

I also have this same problem today.
Do we send to C&C to get it fix or Opti Werz can liao?

It came back normal again, then gone again, and back on today, so funny.

I noticed the compass not working when the map is disoriented.

2006 - 2013 Hyundai Tucson

2013 - 2015 Honda Steam

2015 - Present Mercedes E250 Coupe

• 3 weeks later...

I also have this same problem today.

Do we send to C&C to get it fix or Opti Werz can liao?

It came back normal again, then gone again, and back on today, so funny.

I noticed the compass not working when the map is disoriented.

Do you have VIM (Video In Motion) installed?

At time it does interfere with the GPS signal.

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Your COMAND NTG4.5 came from the factory or was it installed locally?

If it was installed locally go find the installer.

If it came from your factory and if that happened again see one of the site sponsors for your problem i.e Elebest, camber53 or ric ric lo

Cheers

I also dunno lei bro, I just bought a used Mercedes.

If yours is a CNC car (C or E Class) and bought during the MB 125th Anniversary around late 2011 to early 2012, it's likely to be factory installed COMAND NTG4.5 unit.

Other than that, if is fitted locally by one of the 3 site sponsors here, because CNC doesn't know how to retrofit COMAND and probably not allow by MB to retrofit COMAND.

The main different between retrofitted local COMAND and factory fitted COMAND is that the factory unit antennae is routed to your roof antennae. Local retrofitted unit has separate antennae will probably sit just below your dash board.

IMHO if you have problem again with your COMAND best to see locally camber53 aka Gregory or Elebest - Max.  

Cheers