• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Where to tune ECU for w246

LoneLyBy2

Hi guys,

I would like to recommended me where to tune ecu for w246. I have saw the benzline post https://www.facebook.com/benzlineauto/photos/a.213511262137061.1073741889.152168918271296/213770312111156/?type=1&theater

Exclusive Motorsport High performance Ecu module for A,B,CLA200

Engine : M270 DE16AL / 1.6 156hp 

Power Gain : + 25 Hp , + 50 Nm , 15% fuel saving

They quote me S$1150.

Isit exp or cheap then other place??

Time to tune is about 15mins that all.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

I am new here !

My wife just booked a B180.

First thing that comes to the list of mods would be the tuning up.

Our previous family ride is the Ford Smax ecoboost ... which comes up with 200bhp and I further upped it to 236bhp.

Anyone have tried Racechips ?  have seen overseas forum discussing on this.

Any bros have already done it ?

Or anybody keen for a GB ... can try nego for discount

cheers !

Den

denwee,

Bro first of all B 180 is in a different league than your previous Ford. The car was never built for such horse power because centre of gravity is not there for a family tourer. You should look for the A Class 45 AMG series where the horse power is awesome (345bph).There are many ways to improve horse power for Mercs. For me I have installed a throttle responder and as for my W245 it gives me additional 30% more power. Last I did a compression test, my B180 original horse power from 105 went up to 135-140. Now thats a lot for me to get around town. I only spend $500 for the throttle responder. It comes with 3 mode, Sports, Aggresive, Eco mode. You can adjust it according to how fuel economy you want or how crazy you intend to go :-)

I use only Eco Sports mode and I fuel consumption improved from 12 down to 8 city driving. Now thats a lot. I try not to adjust the chips as there are cases of warranty.

By the way B Class owners... the new W246 has a better centre gravity than W245 thanks to a longer wheel base and lower base. But all B Class has weak gear box valve. It usually kaputs around 100k and it costs around $4000 to get it replaced. So if you guys tune up your chip sets the presure build into the gear box is high and it wasn't build for it in the first place. Gear shifts are shorter when you tune your ecu and its jerky and more presure build up to your gear box.

For city driving I would advise against race chips and the gear change are short between intervals.

• 5 weeks later...

Like what you say but still got alot a class and cla class ppl still tune high power like insane.. a, b, cla sharing the same engine.

By the way B Class owners... the new W246 has a better centre gravity than W245 thanks to a longer wheel base and lower base. But all B Class has weak gear box valve. It usually kaputs around 100k and it costs around $4000 to get it replaced. So if you guys tune up your chip sets the presure build into the gear box is high and it wasn't build for it in the first place. Gear shifts are shorter when you tune your ecu and its jerky and more presure build up to your gear box.

For city driving I would advise against race chips and the gear change are short between intervals.

• 1 year later...

Hi there. I just got a b class b200. Its a 2006 car and I just renew the coe on it. However after seeing the all the post on cvt failing im becoming a bit worried. I was also wondering, where did you get your remus responder from fo the w245.

Thanks