• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Supercharger and Lowering a W203

Guest nismo502

Guest nismo502

Hi all,

I am new to to a W203 C200 and hopefully I can get some valuable advice.

- When you lower your W203, do you have problem with the rear camber of the car? How much camber are you running at the rear after lowering? Is there a kit in the market to fix it?

- is the supercharger from C230 similar to C200? If I bolt on a supercharger from C230 to C200, is there any advantage to do so?

Thanks.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Quattro

Hi

Pertaining to your question, here's my comment for your reference.

- When you lower your W203, do you have problem with the rear camber of the car? How much camber are you running at the rear after lowering? Is there a kit in the market to fix it?

There is no need to worry about the camber as for Merc our camber are fix and non adjustable, you will not have problem after lowering your ride.

- is the supercharger from C230 similar to C200? If I bolt on a supercharger from C230 to C200, is there any advantage to do so?

The advantage is you will get more more power from the C230 supercharger. Yes it is bolt on.

Guest nismo502

Thanks a lot.

If the W203 is fix and non adjustable, typically after lowering it, it will run about 2-3 degree of negative camber. Wouldnt that be a problem? The car will be wearing tires on the inside and the dynamic of the car will be so weird.

FirstAutomobile ]

Hi

Pertaining to your question, here' wrote:

There is no need to worry about the camber as for Merc our camber are fix and non adjustable, you will not have problem after lowering your ride.[/color]

The advantage is you will get more more power from the C230 supercharger. Yes it is bolt on.

Thanks a lot.

If the W203 is fix and non adjustable, typically after lowering it, it will run about 2-3 degree of negative camber. Wouldnt that be a problem? The car will be wearing tires on the inside and the dynamic of the car will be so weird.

There are camber kits avail to suit the W203. As for your query on negative camber, I've been running my W124 on lowered springs and 17" wheels for awhile now and have yet to encounter inner wear on my tyres. The dynamics are fine as the degree of negative camber is still within spec.

If you must purchase a camber kit you can always order one from K-Mac suspension in Australia. They mfr quality suspension bits and camber kits to suit all types of vehicles. The exchange rate is favourable now so you may want to consider that route.

Guest nismo502

hey thanks!

Can you let me know how much -ve camber you are running on the w124 after lowering? How much lower are you running?

Thanks a lot.

There are camber kits avail to suit the W203. As for your query on negative camber, I've been running my W124 on lowered springs and 17" wheels for awhile now and have yet to encounter inner wear on my tyres. The dynamics are fine as the degree of negative camber is still within spec.

If you must purchase a camber kit you can always order one from K-Mac suspension in Australia. They mfr quality suspension bits and camber kits to suit all types of vehicles. The exchange rate is favourable now so you may want to consider that route.

Guest nismo502

i m running close to -ve 3 degree on rear and -ve 2 degree front on my W124. try to compensate by toe in and it will be alright =)

Thanks Buddy...i am surprise to know that -3 on the rear and -2 on the front is still within spec for W124. It's a lot of -ve camber!

With toe in, would the car still turn properly? And with 2 degree front and 3 degree rear, given that the car is so heavy in the front, would it understeer a lot? Also, wouldnt lowering the car add toe in? By adding more toe in, wouldnt it be worse?

Please excuse me for asking so much, it is just that everything is different from what I understand everytime i setup my previous car.

Guest kepiting1sg

hey let me know how's the performance after installing supercharger and wats the impact on the fuel efficiency ? :)

IMHO,

The fuel increase is about 10% and again it depends on how you drive your ride.

The C230 Supercharger will give extra boost to the power output but you will likely "choked" on your stock exhaust and lose much of the power gain.

Having a "cut through" on your cat. converter won't help either.

I had the C230 Supercharger on my C180 ML with Kleeman K-Box/Pulley Kit and Lorinser Exhaust.

The Kleemann headers with the Met. Cat. Con. will probably do the job which I did not find out cos I "dekitted" back to stock. :wifstupid:

Replacing the stock intercooler with the Vaeth Intercooler helps further to reduce power loss due to heat.

MBM has "successfully" put the C230 supercharger on the SLK200, CLK200 and the W203 with great results.

You might wanna check with Kelvin MBM.

Suggested Poison ==> C230 Supercharger + Kleeman K-Box, Pulley Kit, Headers/Met. Cat. Converter + Vaeth Intercooler + Exhaust(AMG, Brabus, Kleemann, Lorinser, Carlson, etc) :devil2: :devil2: :devil2:

495064422_e8cbf61926.jpg?v=0

i m running close to -ve 3 degree on rear and -ve 2 degree front on my W124. try to compensate by toe in and it will be alright =)

Thanks Buddy...i am surprise to know that -3 on the rear and -2 on the front is still within spec for W124. It's a lot of -ve camber!

With toe in, would the car still turn properly? And with 2 degree front and 3 degree rear, given that the car is so heavy in the front, would it understeer a lot? Also, wouldnt lowering the car add toe in? By adding more toe in, wouldnt it be worse?

Please excuse me for asking so much, it is just that everything is different from what I understand everytime i setup my previous car.

I'm new to conti as well... Not sure how can one run -3 and have no problem. Suggest a camber kit.

Was running -2.8 (at the rear) on my previous car... and have to compensated with toe.

I'm new to conti as well... Not sure how can one run -3 and have no problem. Suggest a camber kit.

Was running -2.8 (at the rear) on my previous car... and have to compensated with toe.

The only major problem I can think of is inner wear on the tyres. Negative camber helps cornering power and turn-in. The reason that they recommend positive camber is to ensure understeer for the "average" driver

Settings within reason -3 for track use, -1 to -2 for daily driving.

• 2 weeks later...

yes u r right Leon haha... u noe me haha u onli suffer abit on the inner tyre wear and have to do rotation every 10k or so to make sure ur tyre can last my old shoe last me about 50 plus K