• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Jerk when shifting from R to D

Guest redhood

Guest redhood

Hi,

Just wondering if you guys experience a jerk whenever you shift from R to D? I get every time. Whenever I park, I'll get a few jerks as I adjust the car. :banghead:

Mine's an SLK350.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest redhood

haiz, I hope it is nothing serious with the gearbox, but since my warranty still valid, maybe should report it and see what they can do. Maybe they change gearbox for free? :clap:

could there be a chance since its a 3.5L engine, there's alittle too much torque/power upon switching the gears? not very sure but just a guess. ???

Noitalogesto, the way you drive it in "circles". if i were the gearbox, i would scream pain. hahahahhaa. :rockon:

could there be a chance since its a 3.5L engine, there's alittle too much torque/power upon switching the gears? not very sure but just a guess. ???

Noitalogesto, the way you drive it in "circles". if i were the gearbox, i would scream pain. hahahahhaa. :rockon:

Its screaming "Yess yessss YESSSSSS!! HARDER....HARDERR GIVE IT TO ME!!! :whip2:

haha, SLK is "BORN" to be like that...

driving in nascar "circles" lol!

nope, the CLS and S is superb smooth power transfer

Guest redhood

Noitalogesto ]

could there be a chance since its a 3.5L engine, there' wrote:

Its screaming "Yess yessss YESSSSSS!! HARDER....HARDERR GIVE IT TO ME!!! :whip2:

reminds me of a "a la long" song...

haven't tracked my SLK, so i really don't know what you're talking about.

Noitalogesto ]

nope, the CLS and S is superb smooth power transfer

putting it this way, the CLS and S have the weight to hold the jerk? maybe the ergonomic seats in the car is just too comfortable you wun feel anything. :yawn: i feel sleepy imagining the comfort of the seat. throw in a massage function please.

the SLK is a light car compared to those 2 monsters of the roads. whatever problem you have probably would be magnified with the removal of weight. but seriously, just a guess of mine and the chances of both of you having the same problem seems low, unless it started from the factory? ???

Noitalogesto ]

ahahahhaa. gearbox screaming that, but the brakes are screaming "BREMMMMMBOOOOOOOOO!!" :3some:

you're too friendly to say nascar circles. hahaha.

no la actually is 1440KG only ;D where got 1.5 ton ;D

actually lighten our Car is very easy since we got too much erm... what i call nonsense in a "Sport" car...

the hood heat+sound insulator(the black cloth), removing it will save weight(it quite heavy)

removing it will 1)save weight 2)a louder engine sound(V6 vroom vroom!) 3)enginebay disperse heat faster

if u change ur current MB rollover bar to after markets like Brabus, Vath or Carlsson will save u around 20kg

do u know that a stock MB 16" rim is heavier than some aftermarket 18"? btw dun save cost and get those taiwan, im talking about DPE or MB tuners

changing the whole Exhaust system, Headers to Cats to X-pipe to Silencer will save u a LOT of weight.

Each of these single exhaust item are lighter than stock.

Guest redhood

no la actually is 1440KG only ;D where got 1.5 ton ;D

actually lighten our Car is very easy since we got too much erm... what i call nonsense in a "Sport" car...

the hood heat+sound insulator(the black cloth), removing it will save weight(it quite heavy)

removing it will 1)save weight 2)a louder engine sound(V6 vroom vroom!) 3)enginebay disperse heat faster

if u change ur current MB rollover bar to after markets like Brabus, Vath or Carlsson will save u around 20kg

do u know that a stock MB 16" rim is heavier than some aftermarket 18"? btw dun save cost and get those taiwan, im talking about DPE or MB tuners

changing the whole Exhaust system, Headers to Cats to X-pipe to Silencer will save u a LOT of weight.

Each of these single exhaust item are lighter than stock.

Plus save weight on the driver also due to lighter wallet. :laugh:

actually, I've removed my space saver spare tyre to save consumption. I think the ang moh forum might be talking about the SLK55 AMGs that are definitely nose heavy due to the bigger V8.

redhood ]

no la actually is 1440KG only wrote:

Plus save weight on the driver also due to lighter wallet. :laugh:

actually, I've removed my space saver spare tyre to save consumption. I think the ang moh forum might be talking about the SLK55 AMGs that are definitely nose heavy due to the bigger V8.

haha, the spare tyre can use as a toy... so unique

• 4 months later...
Guest vincikwan

yeah, i get that jerk from my slk350 too. just collected it on sat. But then again, my 130 does the same too. Most prob its meant to be like that so i decided to leave it alone

Guest redhood

Hi Vinc :welcome:

Yah, fren's CLK350 does the same thing. Must be the high torque. Wow, SLK350 n 130 in the house. Must be hard pressed to decide which one to drive each morning. :bboyspin:

Guest Sareve

This should not happen, my SL350 shifts very smoothly from R to D. There is no such jerk even in some higher capacity cars that I've driven (4.5L and 6L). I think it's either a gear box problem or really need to change your brakes.

Guest redhood

This should not happen, my SL350 shifts very smoothly from R to D. There is no such jerk even in some higher capacity cars that I've driven (4.5L and 6L). I think it's either a gear box problem or really need to change your brakes.

Eh, dun scare Vinc lah, he just collected car you say gearbox problem or change brakes!?! Actually, if u step hard on the brakes, the jerk less obvious. I do that now. But you can tell that the car did tried to jerk off but was held back. :yumyum:

Guest Sareve

This is the best time to check for manufacturer defects! I know it's a different car, but when I collected my rx-8, the 5th gear synchromesh was spoilt and the gear grinded like crazy if I tried to upshift at anything higher than 2k rpm. This happened on a brand new car! Better to check now and get free replacement if there's something wrong right? I didn't know it was a new car though :P

Guest redhood

This is the best time to check for manufacturer defects! I know it's a different car, but when I collected my rx-8, the 5th gear synchromesh was spoilt and the gear grinded like crazy if I tried to upshift at anything higher than 2k rpm. This happened on a brand new car! Better to check now and get free replacement if there's something wrong right? I didn't know it was a new car though :P

Come to think of it, should really ask workshop abt it. See what they say. I'll be sending mine in soon, so I'll ask. Let's see if we get the same answers!