• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Intention to buy a B170

Guest cisconet

What i wish to tell you is, count how long must you serve the loan in order for a decent depreciation.

Of cos if you plan to down 50% than finish your loan in 3 years than you should have take the New.

Sporean have a habits to change car in the 2-3 years period, if you down 30% than loan 7 years, i would rather you take the used.

Hi Cisconet, another avenue worth exploring is demo cars, management cars, these will be 2nd hand and the mileage are lower, it'll definitely save you some money. some months ago, i went to shuang hup to have a look, you can get reasonably good rates eg, a 18mth old c180 is around 100k +/- depending on omv, age of car, etc.... some car dealers sell these cars tht they purchase from the distrbuting companies and some distributors sell it themselves.

my advise wud be to take your time and look around, have an idea of what is available around your budget and calculate your running costs of maintaining the car. I'm sure you want to be comfortable and not having to eat cup noodles every meal for the next few years. Dun be pressured into commiting. i started looking around 6 months before i got mine which i think is the best value. Then you have to define what is 'value' for you as there will be trade-offs, bigger cars more outlay of $$$, but compensated by lower purchase price, etc

You may want to also look to the car you want to drive, is it only a B class or get a 2nd hand c class for the same price or other conti models. Dun buy drive for a few months and regret.

Guest cisconet

Hi loctorng,

Thanks alot for your advice and comment. I did went to Shuang Hup to take a look. Staff is quite friendly. Saw the B-Class going at the above price which i had stated, but that particular seems to be struck there for quite some time. At least 5-6 months. I think something is amiss.

Anyway, I am still scouting around to see if there is any other better deal. No hurry to get it now especially the economy is quite uncertain now. But i am quite sure the B Class would be my next model to look forward.

Lastly, i really happy to hear you guys, at least its a active forum which i can voice my queries.

Thanks Guys!

Hi Cisconet, go to classifieds/private ads in the forum, a bro wanted to sell his b class driven by his missus, quite a good deal, can take a look, not sure whether he sold the car oreadi. less than 1yr and around 95k. look at WTS and find the B class. i almost wanted to get it but i got another deal so have to give it a miss, got pic samore, nice and have some stuff added to the car.

haha... dear cisconet. reading your concerns about owning your first merc. But agree with 9339.. your costs in general will increase. Your wallet may feel a little lighter intially as you will undoubtedly feel the pain. (as compared to a regular japanese saloon)

I will promise you however, the joy of owning a merc is more emotional that financial. As you enjoy the car, your sense of well being increases. It feels good driving a car with the 3 pointed star. And as you do so, you will, subconsciously, more than make up for the slightly higher costs. After a while, it just becomes routine.

Suddenly, in the eyes of your peers.. you have arrived... career is more successful... and the ladies will find you just that little more interesting :clap:

well said, Dr Wu :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Cklasse

C&C linked insurance is usually for the 1st year, thereafter, you can go to other agent.

My current insurance is $600+ with 50% NCD for my C180, so a B170 should not be too far away. Probably over a thousand max? $2500 is a lot.

Guest Cklasse

It would be good if you guys can meet each other in the month end meetup. Then can talk everything about the B-class. we are not seeing a lot or any at all of B-class in our monthly meetup.

Hope to see you guys.

Just booked mine, collecting car next week :)

Ins for me $2251.77 - 10% NCD - AIG..

Join u bros soon :)

congratulations cisconet... see you at the meetup on the 30th..

Congrat cisconet, see you this coming meetup on 30th Nov.

Hope you enjoy your new Marcilee......