• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Intention to buy a B170

Guest cisconet

Guest cisconet

Hi all bros here..

I am pretty new here in this forum, hopefully bros here could enlighten me and hopefully spare your time to answer my queries.

I am looking forward to buy a Merz B-Class soon "hopefully", - if purchase it would be my first time owning a Merz. Pardon me if i had asked some stupid questions.

1. How would the servicing cost like? Eg: 1k, 5k, 10k..etc

2. My daily mileage would clock at least 100km per day, worth getting a B-class?

3. With my job requirement to travel as per mentioned in Q2, what would be the average fuel consumption of the B-Class?

4. Would it be a high-maintenance car to own?

I knew i cannot compare B-class with other japanese car in terms of cost of ownership, but i just wish to know the cost difference which i could work out my budget on this.

Lastly, i truly hope someone could enlighten me on the above.

Thanks!

Guest Cklasse

typically as you move up the alphabet ladder in Mercedes-Benz (other than the Cs such as CL, CLS..), the servicing charges goes up. So a B should be about the A-class price for servicing. It should only be a few hundred each time.

Fuel depends on the driver.....

Me and my Sister-in-law drive same car.(B170)

I get 1 liter 10km( Heavy footer with sprint booster) Hee Hee

My Sister-in-law gets about 1 liter 13km....(original stock)

Guest 777kenny

1. How would the servicing cost like? Eg: 1k, 5k, 10k..etc

2. My daily mileage would clock at least 100km per day, worth getting a B-class?

3. With my job requirement to travel as per mentioned in Q2, what would be the average fuel consumption of the B-Class?

4. Would it be a high-maintenance car to own?

Hi there cisconet!

1. Service schedule is different from Jap cars. If you strictly follow the indication from the onboard computer...the service is done (even the very first one) every 15,000km or once a year, whichever comes first. However, C&C will make you do more freqently after you have the first service done. (ie. cannot follow the onboard computer)

3. My average FC is 9.7litre/100km, base on an average of 5000km mileage.

4. My first servicing, done at one year after purchase, costs me $300+. Paid for with service credit. Have not spent anything else on maintenance since day one. Next service as required by C&C is in 6 months time or 5000km later.

Thanks alot Kenny. :)

If i embark on this vehicle, it would be my first time owning a Merc..just afraid everything would shoot up (Servicing, Cost of ownership..etc) :)

Not to worry bro...worth to take a little more burden, just a little but gain alot......

As you will be another Proud Mercedes Benz Owner.

Guest 777kenny

U guys went back to C&C for servicing? Just wondering estimated cost for 1k,5k,10, & 30k?

Perhaps to maintain C&C's warranty, we got to go back for servicing?

Servicing Schedule is different from jap cars. Not 1k, 5k, etc. First servicing can be done at 10k or one year after. Of course, you can still adopt the jap cars' usual schedule. The cars can never be over-serviced ;)

The new face-lifted B is more worth it than before. Things like Bluetooth handsfree and Gear Shift buttons behind the steering wheel are now Standard Equipment.

Guest wuyiche

haha... dear cisconet. reading your concerns about owning your first merc. But agree with 9339.. your costs in general will increase. Your wallet may feel a little lighter intially as you will undoubtedly feel the pain. (as compared to a regular japanese saloon)

I will promise you however, the joy of owning a merc is more emotional that financial. As you enjoy the car, your sense of well being increases. It feels good driving a car with the 3 pointed star. And as you do so, you will, subconsciously, more than make up for the slightly higher costs. After a while, it just becomes routine.

Suddenly, in the eyes of your peers.. you have arrived... career is more successful... and the ladies will find you just that little more interesting :clap:

Guest cisconet

Thanks Kompressor for your reply.

Ya, I do agree when u pay more $$ you commands a respect on the road.

As for the servicing,i think its much more than i estimated. Maybe German parts cost more huh..haha

Since Merc doesn't follows 1,5,10k like Jap cars, how do we know when to go for servicing? Read from this forum, there is this place called MBM where it service Merc, not sure if its price is reasonable.

Guest Cklasse

I remembered the first time when I sat in my very own Mercedes-Benz (the moment I collected the car) and saw the shiny star on the steering wheel, there was that magical feeling - GREAT !

Servicing is not much more than Jap cars, just do on and off C&C and outside workshop.

It's worth that magical feeling and respect.

Guest 777kenny

Try to bargain some Service Credits from the SE...which could protentially cover the cost of the first 2 or 3 scheduled servicings. Right now, C&C is having a promotion which gives you very good Service Credit/Higher Trade-In without having to bargain ;)

Guest cisconet

Hi all bros,

Would wish to check if it is worth getting a 2nd hand B-Class compared to a brand new one?

A 2006 B-Class would cost $75,000 compared to a brand new one would cost $108,888.

Any advice.

Thanks!

Hi all bros,

Would wish to check if it is worth getting a 2nd hand B-Class compared to a brand new one?

A 2006 B-Class would cost $75,000 compared to a brand new one would cost $108,888.

Any advice.

Thanks!

Well if you ask me, i would feel it is a good buy... A 2006 Toyota Mark X already costing you 70+ grand too...is a Merc, a Conti.....

Guest wuyiche

Hi all bros,

Any advice.

Thanks!

allow me to put it this way... would you prefer a virgin? or used goods..?? I'm assuming this would be your one car.

If this is your second/third car... then get the used merc..

Guest 777kenny

Thanks Bro.. If I get, this would be my 4th vehicle. :)

Is the B going to be your primary vehicle? If not, maybe a 2nd hand one will do just fine (since it's less driven by u, so less chance to break down?)

And if it's my 4th car...I'll base my decision more on my heart than the maintenace cost. Well...it's just me... :-*