• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Paint Protector

I recently was trying to do "paint protector" for my car paint. Each grooming shop have different variations of their "paint protection" Some say Diamond grade, others Glass protection , etc.

What kind of paint protection is good? Which grooming workshop do it? How much?

Thanks

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Paint protection is more or less about the same if you compare those glass coating or ceramic coating offered by different groomers.

What is more important is you as a customer must feel comfortable to pay the price they quoted. Next is the customer has to do their part to maintain the shine like regular washing. Many people have the misconception that they can send their ride for grooming and it will look as if it just came out of the car factory everyday without washing their car regularly. No mater what you apply onto the paintwork, the environmental element are always attacking the paintwork. 

There's one thing that may customers overlook which is the skill of the groomer who is removing swirl/scratch marks. It is easy to make every car look shiny but paint correction is a skill that differentiate the good groomers. Some inexperience groomer may even destroy the clear coat on the paintwork. 

Hope the info is useful to you.

Paint protection is more or less about the same if you compare those glass coating or ceramic coating offered by different groomers.

What is more important is you as a customer must feel comfortable to pay the price they quoted. Next is the customer has to do their part to maintain the shine like regular washing. Many people have the misconception that they can send their ride for grooming and it will look as if it just came out of the car factory everyday without washing their car regularly. No mater what you apply onto the paintwork, the environmental element are always attacking the paintwork. 

There's one thing that may customers overlook which is the skill of the groomer who is removing swirl/scratch marks. It is easy to make every car look shiny but paint correction is a skill that differentiate the good groomers. Some inexperience groomer may even destroy the clear coat on the paintwork. 

Hope the info is useful to you.

Very good point about the paint correction. My friend brought his 2 year old car that's filled with swirl marks to this place called 'KVF Shine'. They did a very good job in my opinion cos the car looks like new now. Didn't manage to remove ALL the swirl marks but at least got 90% gone.

After seeing the results on my friend's car I went to get my new car coated with glass coating there also. Very nice!!