• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Pls help .... i too new to SLK

Guest gavinneo

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest highflyers

I think the C stands for cruise mode which is normal driving. And the S stands for sports mode which has more overdrive for a sportier acceleration and delayed gear change like in most auto cars. beware coz it draws more fuel in sports mode definitely.

C = Cheap (fuel price still high!)

S = Shiok! (buy SLK for what???)

M = Ma Huan! (change up and down manually not fun in traffic)

CSM - I haven't heard that title in awhile now!! :P

Guest angela

S = standard, how come my booklet say its standard mode and not sport mode?

maybe got 2 types of SLK?

Standard SLK and Sporty SLK?

for c class, new models are sport, old w203 are standard...

for ur car... anything also sport la. look at the way u flick the car into the straight and do donut like lotus elise. knn i think the real car also got problem keeping up with u... :thumbsup: :punk1: :punk1: :punk1:

Guest Otsego

for ur car... anything also sport la. look at the way u flick the car into the straight and do donut like lotus elise. knn i think the real car also got problem keeping up with u... :thumbsup: :punk1: :punk1: :punk1:

:-X :police: :police:

:-X :police: :police:

wah, who flick and do donuts? don't anyhow say la. HAHAHAHA. :police:

sorry off topic :offtopic: but on my W211, its actually Standard and Comfort modes. much higher revs on S

Guest gavinneo

Wah too many answer and i blur....so i believe is C = Comfort and S = standard.

So i just set on C daily better or S standard better? hmmm QUS like basic theroy both also correct

Guest Otsego

well, i use standard mode since we dun have snow or icy road in SG but

i did try C on PS carpark after raining and have to rev tru the big hump on a wet slope

the only C mode use on SG is on a WET SLOPE that need to rev as there is a hump infront

Guest highflyers

pardon me but there shouldn be any confusion because C= Cruise which is normal / standard S= Sports which has more torque mainly for overtaking and sportier feel. thank you

Guest Otsego

pardon me but there shouldn be any confusion because C= Cruise which is normal / standard S= Sports which has more torque mainly for overtaking and sportier feel. thank you

dun think so,

C start at gear 2 while S is 1, the only more torque is standstill acceleration cos of gear 1.

both also have sportier feel only different gears.

driving on icy/snow road is different from superwet road, C mode helps

• 2 years later...
Guest vincikwan

Hi guys, this is my first post...been here reading sometime n learning new stuff for awhile now.

Anyway, my question to ask is.....in the R171, does the S mode (sports) change the suspension and steering settings as well?

Thanks

Guest blackmercs

vincikwan wrote:

Hi guys, this is my first post...been here reading sometime n learning new stuff for awhile now.

Anyway, my question to ask is.....in the R171, does the S mode (sports) change the suspension and steering settings as well?

Thanks

Nope the one U describe is called Dynamic Handling & comes with an additional button with the wording "Sport". Till date, there are 3 types of suspension by Mercedes, namely Agility, Dynamic & Airmatic system found in S class. Below is the link on Dynamic system infro.

http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/content/unitedkingdom/mpc/mpc_unitedkingdom_website/en/home_mpc/passengercars/home/new_cars/models/c-class/w204/overview/drivetrain_chassis.0007.html

Guest vincikwan

OK...thanks guys~!

Cos i was planning to change my suspension as they are making some weird creaking noises plus it seems different since i bought it. its hard n bumpy n it does not absorb bumps. Now if being that makes the car handle better, i can live with it....but it seems like the car does not hold the road as good as before. And the car feels unstable at about 100km/h.

Still thinking between the Koni FSD or the sports package by C&C.

Thanks