• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Need advice on spray painting rims

Ya! Why not? Mine is also anodised silver and I did it!

apparently can't do it with AMG wording like you guys did. Don't know why. Already asked Annis

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

apparently can't do it with AMG wording like you guys did. Don't know why. Already asked Annis

HUH? That's impossible! Look at our results!

HUH? That's impossible! Look at our results!

my guess is that anodized finishing will have to be done direct from factory whereas glossy ones can be done at most paint shops. Not sure paint shop here capable to do anodizing...but I am sure that chroming can be done here. Any bro wanna start this poison? Lol

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

Oh

my guess is that anodized finishing will have to be done direct from factory whereas glossy ones can be done at most paint shops. Not sure paint shop here capable to do anodizing...but I am sure that chroming can be done here. Any bro wanna start this poison? Lol

Oh miscommunication!

You're dethpicable. 

I believe you have to factor in what kind of spray painting work will be done to your wheels. If the design of your wheels have different edges and you want multi colour then it will cost more. I have done cheap wheel sprays before too but that is the same color for the whole wheel so I suppose that wouldn't be a tough job. 

You have to add labour for removing the tyres off the wheels and they need to use more paint for the center portion of the wheel. Most cheap wheel sprays only spray the parts where it is not covered by the tyres. I believe $1000 may be a little expensive but not really to the extend of carrot price. It depends on the quality of the work and when they tell you 2 to 3 days, probably the work that will be done may exceed your expectations as compared to cheap wheel sprays. 

Hi all,

Need a bit of inputs from the bros here. Looking to spray my rims and bbk. Was quoted a total of $1000 (tyre will be removed for rim paint) by a workshop. And informed that ride will be left at wkshop for 2 to 3 days.

I'm not jumping to any assumptions but is this the market rate? Cuz I see some bros here spray an entire ride for 2-3k. So if for rims and bbk at 1k... And the down time seems quite long for just rim and bbk spray

Appreciate if any bros can provide input or alternative wkshops. Thks in adv

I believe you have to factor in what kind of spray painting work will be done to your wheels. If the design of your wheels have different edges and you want multi colour then it will cost more. I have done cheap wheel sprays before too but that is the same color for the whole wheel so I suppose that wouldn't be a tough job. 

You have to add labour for removing the tyres off the wheels and they need to use more paint for the center portion of the wheel. Most cheap wheel sprays only spray the parts where it is not covered by the tyres. I believe $1000 may be a little expensive but not really to the extend of carrot price. It depends on the quality of the work and when they tell you 2 to 3 days, probably the work that will be done may exceed your expectations as compared to cheap wheel sprays.

Actually, I requested for just one color, not multi color. 2 to 3 days for spraying of rims is I still believe.. Quite long.. But then again that's me. :)