• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

my car jerks

Guest HLdrops

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest flatron

If step light light i also experience jerk, so i press the button change to S den no jerk. To deactivate the half-clutch thing that drags(jerks). aiya. anyone can explain better?? Vain attempt -.-

Guest kepiting1sg

Ask u all ah.. if i step on accelerator then experience jerks.. means gear spoil already? ???

How often are those jerks?

If it happen once in a blue moon (once in a month or two) at certain speed & engine RPM when you accelerating,

it's the same as my W203. I just ignore it. It happened to my car when it was under warranty and less than 2 months old,

but how to repeat the jerk to C & C then. ??? I don't wan them to start dismantling the car at that time. >:(

The jerk seems to be non-existent when I fitted the Kleemann K-Box. (only happened 2 to 3 times over 2 years +).

Last week, MBM ripped out my Kleemann K-Box because rain water seeped into the K-Box and it got damaged.

Now it back to stock, I have not experience any jerk yet.

If it happen very often (every time you drive your car), you should bring it to C & C if it's still under warranty.

If not, better get a reliable mechanic to take a look at your jerking problem.

Good Luck!

Guest HLdrops

Ask u all ah.. if i step on accelerator then experience jerks.. means gear spoil already? ???

If it happen once in a blue moon (once in a month or two) at certain speed & engine RPM when you accelerating,

it's the same as my W203. I just ignore it. It happened to my car when it was under warranty and less than 2 months old,

but how to repeat the jerk to C & C then. ??? I don't wan them to start dismantling the car at that time. >:(

The jerk seems to be non-existent when I fitted the Kleemann K-Box. (only happened 2 to 3 times over 2 years +).

Last week, MBM ripped out my Kleemann K-Box because rain water seeped into the K-Box and it got damaged.

Now it back to stock, I have not experience any jerk yet.

If it happen very often (every time you drive your car), you should bring it to C & C if it's still under warranty.

If not, better get a reliable mechanic to take a look at your jerking problem.

Good Luck!

my jerk is like when u drive manual car and never engage gear properly kind of jerk. so sad... sometimes have sometimes dun have.. i oso never really take note of the frequency. Time for MBM liao i guess.

my car no more warrenty ah.. is already 3 years and 2 months old. :-\

Guest tlow728

The jerks also happened on both my previous C180 (W203) and my current E200 (W211) but only when I am driving slowly in the car park looking for an empty lot. However, me too cannot replicate this problem.

If the car jerks while crusing, it could be something to do with the fuel delivery system as somebody I know had his car towed back to C&C after experiencing this 'jerking' symptom. According to that friend of mine, he said this is a common problem with the M271 engine???

Guest kepiting1sg

HLdrops ]

it' wrote:

my jerk is like when u drive manual car and never engage gear properly kind of jerk. so sad... sometimes have sometimes dun have.. i oso never really take note of the frequency. Time for MBM liao i guess.

my car no more warrenty ah.. is already 3 years and 2 months old. :-\

Go & see Kelvin @ MBM! Nothing to lose!

Nice, handsome, enterprising young boss and trained at C & C for 6 years.

I went to see him for my SRS warning lights for 2 times & my engine malfunction lights for 2 times.

For the SRS, his guy has to dismantle my right side door to check on the sensor.

1st time around, still loose, 2nd time, they retightened it. Seems OK now!

For the engine malfunction light, went there 1 Saturday, his guy Keith say somewhere the engine

is loosing compression and he have to do further checks.

Sent the car on the following Monday, they spent time checking and found water went into my Kleemann K Box.

They took it out and rewire back the ECU to stock, do the engine diagnostic test & reset up the parameters.

All this he didn't charge me a single cent and say small job, no charge.

They even washed my car FOC!

Not only he didn't charge!

He called me up yesterday IDD to my Pleasure Island hp to ask me how's my car now?

OMIGOD! where in this world you to get such services! :o :o :o

So siao mei mei, go & see MBM Prince Charming about your jerking problem. ;D

Guest shaguar

Me also experiencing the jerking problem. I've already sent the car back twice. They have since retuned the gear ratios or something and it has made acceleration so much slower. Although the jerking problem is somewhat alleviated driving it is no longer pleasurable :( Not sure if i should send it back again man warranty is expiring next month or so...

Guest Cklasse

My W203 jerks sometimes, but not often.

I have observed the jerk happened when the car slows too much and you want to move off suddenly (like making a quick turn into another road). My guess is the gear has shifted to 1st gear anticipating a stop when you decided to move off, it gets caught off guard and quickly shift into 2nd gear thus the jerk.

I am not concern about this and have learned to drive to avoid getting into such situation for the gear to jerk. ;D

Guest kepiting1sg

So siao mei mei, go & see MBM Prince Charming about your jerking problem. Grin

That doesn't sound quite right. ;D

Mai Ai Nee Quan leh! :D

I maybe called by many as the Lau Hamku Hamsup Unker but

I really meant her car gears change jerking problem hor! >:(

I really meant her car gears change jerking problem hor! Angry

unker we all know you only have good intentions want to help xiao mei mei kekekeke

please accept the award of the highest order for honorable intentions and integrity in helping your fellow members..

threebonewb7.jpg

Guest kepiting1sg

I really meant her car gears change jerking problem hor! Angry

unker we all know you only have good intentions want to help xiao mei mei kekekeke

please accept the award of the highest order for honorable intentions and integrity in helping your fellow members..

threebonewb7.jpg

Kum Xia! Kum Xia! ;D

Looks like the Victoria Cross........ or is it for bravery or long service being in Cheongster Paradise .......wahahahahaha! :D :D :D

Guest jenvid

For the jerking problem, understand there can be 2 possibilities.

1) ECU needs resetting to unlearn your driving pattern.

Move ignition key to 2, step accelerator down to flat, switch off, foot off the accelerator, wait for 1 mins & start engine. jerkiness shld go away. Next time try driving like Kimi & u shld be fine. hiaks...

2) Fuel pump faulty. There is a service bulletin for this.

When my W203 was under warranty & brought in for servicing, they quietly changed the darn pump but alas the new pump was faulty & my car had to be tow back to C&C. grrr.. worst still they took out my broquet & drop it in car boot without telling me. So I thought the pump was spilling fuel all over because my tank when from 1/2 to zero after a 15km trip.

Guest wilsonlim25

Hi. Sorry for the intrusion as it's my first time in this forum. But is the jerking problem common in most W203? And also whenever the tire overspins, the "!" sign pops up for quite sometime (an hour), is it normal?

Guest tlow728

Hi. Sorry for the intrusion as it's my first time in this forum. But is the jerking problem common in most W203? And also whenever the tire overspins, the "!" sign pops up for quite sometime (an hour), is it normal?

Very common, especially the w210, w203 and w211. Whenever my car enters a mutlisorey carpark with cemeneted floor and the floor happens to be wet due to rain outside, the "!' sign pops up telling us that the ESP has kicked in.

Guest angela

Errmmm... Over an hour. I dont think its normal lor... The jerk u guys talk about is it during changing 1st gear to 2nd? Or is it a vibration when in 1st gear? BTW this is what i facing. Hur...

Guest wilsonlim25

Yes! Especially when the hump is wet and the tire overspins whenever you accelerate. Thanks! Really wonder what's with the program of the car. Good that it is so sensitive, but sigh, guess you cant have the best of both world. Thanks!

And yes, the jerking from the first gear to the second was solved re-flashing the ECU at C&C. Or as so they say.

Guest jenvid

Actually for the ESP kicking in when wet you guys should try this.

Turn the steering more than 1 turn, floor the accelerator(more than half shld do the trick, er those with sprint booster,gotta do some throttle control) on the wet floor, let the back throw due to the wheel spin and watch how the ESP snaps the car back to normal. It happens pretty quickly. very fun.

But really, one should get accustom to the car traction control characteristics so that one do not freak should the car loose control at higher speed when wet.

Guest Cklasse

Turn the steering more than 1 turn, floor the accelerator(more than half shld do the trick, er those with sprint booster,gotta do some throttle control) on the wet floor, let the back throw due to the wheel spin and watch how the ESP snaps the car back to normal. It happens pretty quickly. very fun.

But really, one should get accustom to the car traction control characteristics so that one do not freak should the car loose control at higher speed when wet.

I experienced this twice in the past 2 months. Road was dry when I hit the accelerator to get into major road. I realised I had turned the steering too much and the car counter steer back into lane with the ESP flashing madly.

I love ESP ;D

Guest jenvid

I experienced this twice in the past 2 months. Road was dry when I hit the accelerator to get into major road. I realised I had turned the steering too much and the car counter steer back into lane with the ESP flashing madly.

I love ESP ;D

Oh...On dry asphalt road ? U might just want to check if your rubber is due...

Guest Cklasse

Yep! Did it again today on a 3 lane wet road. The ESP reacted when I went too fast round the bend, guess I have to slow down now until I change my tyres. The ESP trick can get quite addictive.....and I realised I am trying to create the tail swing situation deliberately. Must stop this thinking.. ;)

Guest angela

jenvid ]

I love ESP wrote:

Bro, u duno what he means is it? His a 350 engine. keke... He says he love ESP. But deep deep down inside his heart he love the engine more. Hur...

Guest jenvid

marky ]

I love ESP wrote:

Bro, u duno what he means is it? His a 350 engine. keke... He says he love ESP. But deep deep down inside his heart he love the engine more. Hur...

ooh.... 350... evil....

But like he said deliberately throwing the back is addictive... I do it all the time up & down in multistorey carpark so much so my mum knows when I am back from work/play. The amt of rubber squeal..

Best/Most scary encounter of my life: my R170 broke traction while going up the spiral ramp car park at shaw towers... counter steered.. hit the accelerator and up the car it continued... 20cm to the outer wall...

Like the saying goes...you aint driving fast until you can corner fast... :o

Too much Gran Turismo man...