• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Where is it?

Slowpoke

Does anyone know where is the button/switch to activate the front windscreen water spray? It should be on the side indicator's arm, the silver button. However, it seems like no water coming out when I press it once or even twice.

Also, does anyone know where is the water tank for the rear windscreen wiper? Does W246 use the same for both front and rear wipers?

Thanks.

I may be slow, but I'll see you in a bit - at the next traffic light.

There are 2 levels of "press" on that button.

1st level - activate wiper once

2nd level (after pressing 1st level, press harder for 2nd level) - winscreen spray and activate wiper

Hi bro, thanks very much.

Hi bro, thanks very much.

Another qn, the car doesnt comes with a spare tyre. If I were to upgrade tyres, I will need to buy those runflate tyres? If a tyre got punctured. It still can tahan till a tyre shop?

Another qn, when the low fuel indicator came up, how many more km can I travel. I'm a moderate driver, and highway and urban.

Another qn, does anyone know where is the water tank for the rear windscreen wiper? Does W246 use the same for both front and rear wipers?

Another qn, the car doesnt comes with a spare tyre. If I were to upgrade tyres, I will need to buy those runflate tyres? If a tyre got punctured. It still can tahan till a tyre shop?

Another qn, when the low fuel indicator came up, how many more km can I travel. I'm a moderate driver, and highway and urban.

Another qn, does anyone know where is the water tank for the rear windscreen wiper? Does W246 use the same for both front and rear wipers?

Wah, a lot of questions leh bro.

Q1. If you are driving in Singapore only, I would not worry about RFT - just call a tow truck. Not only is it hard & loud, but also more expensive than regular tyres. For RFT if you have a flat, you can drive ~200km at max speed of 80km/h.

If normal tyre, once you get a flat, you have to find a way to pull over safely. Cannot drive anymore unless you want to damage the tyre (if repairable), rims and ultimately the suspension.

RFT probably more useful in Malaysia as it may be ulu or not safe to stop by the side of the road

Q2. Once the low fuel indicator comes on, usually you have around 30-40km more (~3-4 litres normally) I have only seen this light maybe twice in my life, as I do not wait until it happens to re-fuel

Q3. The water for the rear wiper uses the same water reserviour as for the front. I have not seen another one specially for the rear

Question for you. Have you been fortunate not to encounter what you are asking before? :D

Wah, a lot of questions leh bro.

Q1. If you are driving in Singapore only, I would not worry about RFT - just call a tow truck. Not only is it hard & loud, but also more expensive than regular tyres. For RFT if you have a flat, you can drive ~200km at max speed of 80km/h.

If normal tyre, once you get a flat, you have to find a way to pull over safely. Cannot drive anymore unless you want to damage the tyre (if repairable), rims and ultimately the suspension.

RFT probably more useful in Malaysia as it may be ulu or not safe to stop by the side of the road

Q2. Once the low fuel indicator comes on, usually you have around 30-40km more (~3-4 litres normally) I have only seen this light maybe twice in my life, as I do not wait until it happens to re-fuel

Q3. The water for the rear wiper uses the same water reserviour as for the front. I have not seen another one specially for the rear

Question for you. Have you been fortunate not to encounter what you are asking before? :D

Just got my car two weeks ago. Just asking to understand better. If there is no spare tyre, it will be very troublesome and costly to get a tow truck. If run flat tyre got punctured, can it be repaired? Does all merc come without spare tyre?
  • Like 1

Just got my car two weeks ago. Just asking to understand better. If there is no spare tyre, it will be very troublesome and costly to get a tow truck. If run flat tyre got punctured, can it be repaired? Does all merc come without spare tyre?

If you join AAS, tow truck is free. Same if the puncture occurs on expressway - call EMAS it's free.

If RFT, and if the puncture is not on side wall, it can be patched. For RFT, you can drive slowly to the tyre shop

I think all Merc are now on RFT out from the factory, so no spare tyre. If you want to be super kiasu, get the Tyre Sealant kit - Slime is a popular brand. You can google it

If you join AAS, tow truck is free. Same if the puncture occurs on expressway - call EMAS it's free.

If RFT, and if the puncture is not on side wall, it can be patched. For RFT, you can drive slowly to the tyre shop

I think all Merc are now on RFT out from the factory, so no spare tyre. If you want to be super kiasu, get the Tyre Sealant kit - Slime is a popular brand. You can google it

Thanks will consider signing up!

• 3 weeks later...

i will suggest not to top up fuel tank only when the light comes on as the fuel pump is submerged inside the tank ... the fuel is also acting as a coolant to cool the pump down so if you're always driving with low fuel the pump will deteriorate faster. 

i will suggest not to top up fuel tank only when the light comes on as the fuel pump is submerged inside the tank ... the fuel is also acting as a coolant to cool the pump down so if you're always driving with low fuel the pump will deteriorate faster.

U say the yellow light is on..but I go and petrol. It can petrol until 48-49LL. I tot the fuel tank is 50L??