• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Welcome shashaleong...!

Mm...  How come I wasn't invited for the run?  Too many men and only open to women now?

Haha...  Just kidding...  I think my ride is not fit enough for the run yet.  Car health status - PES C2L9. :lol:

Welcome shashaleong...!

Mm... How come I wasn't invited for the run? Too many men and only open to women now?

Haha... Just kidding... I think my ride is not fit enough for the run yet. Car health status - PES C2L9. :lol:

bro, if your car is PES C2L9

then mine is PES E, just like the driver lor... PES E.....

LOL

My new car aren't fit too! Felt too slow from my previous ride :(

Your car should come with the Sports mode. It will rev the engine more to have a more useful powerband. You will feel the difference taking off when the light turns green. Plus it will sound better as well

One point to note is that your petrol consumption is higher

On the S350 the sports mode will be different from what they are describing.....

it will have a smoother gear change.....definitely speed increase much faster....that's about it....and sports mode do not ever improve handling....

The S class already have awesome handling compare to other class of cars

does the sport mode improve handing? going to take my father's S350 a try.

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

does the sport mode improve handing? going to take my father's S350 a try.

I agree with thaiedwin. The Sports mode just changes the engine setting to benefit from the upper rev band. It does nothing to handling as far as I know

Some models come with dynamic handling package as an option, and the more "sporty" dynamic handling is always active regardless of drive mode selected

• Like 1

My new car aren't fit too! Felt too slow from my previous ride :(

Because the engine still haven full tune to the max yet, and your horsepower only 122HP and A200 is 156HP that is a different 34HP, I think Brabus got performance kit for A class it can boost your performance 

BRABUS PowerXtra B18  A180  114 kW / 155 PS

240 Nm  + 24 kW / 33 PS

+ 40 Nm  8,8 s

210 km/h 

Ah bui u install that I follow suit

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

Once I start the engine, I will switch off the Eco mode and drive off. Felt very jerky and noisy most of the time on road.. I wonder is it normal? Haven't tried the sports mode though, m afraid it will jerk even more. Hahaha..

Try stepping on the accelerator slowly and gently when moving off on ECO mode. My experience is that "feeling" the correct amount of force to apply on the accelarator can help achieve a smooth ride

As for road noise, I am assuming the stock tyres are on Run Flat. All Run Flat tyres are always noisier