• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

CLC Launch @ Little Red House 3rd September 2008 - First Impressions

g8crasher

fw0ems.jpg

Event : CLC Launch Party

Where: Little Red House, Robertson Quay

When: 3rd September 2008

Who: I think most of you know the drill. Great lounge music, chic finger food, lots of wine, cocktails, ladies dressed to kill, A/B list celebrities etc.

Time: 730pm

Stephanie Carrington hosted the event wearing nothing less than a short evening frock to thrill the men with her long slender legs. Although the rain was pouring and the temperature was cold, I swear some ladies were dressed as if it was the height of summer! For some reason, this launch attracted many socialites with Indonesian origins with sugar daddies in tow. The purpose of my attendance was really to lend moral support to an old friend of mine whose dad executed a positive demonstration on the finer points of how to bargain with your sales executive.

Having researched about the CLC prior to the event, I wasn't expecting anything extraordinary. 1100 modified parts, trusty CL203 chassis with tweaked suspension, M271 Kompressor engine pumping 143bhp. The CLC on display had 18" AMG rims with 235/45/18 Continental Sport Contact 3 tyres fitted.

There will be an overall feeling of familarity once you take your seat in the cockpit. The usual fiddly knobs, steering wheel buttons and paddle shift are where they belong. The rear seat room looks cosy but I don't think they will fit the average 6 ft Caucasian very well. Boot space looks adequate and I'm pretty sure loaded golf bags will fit without question. On a sidenote, hatchbacks are really good for fitting a decent I/C/E system and since the boot is almost integrated with the cabin, I'm sure a good SQ subwoofer will bring plenty of aural enjoyment.

2mmh380.jpg

Moving onto the engine bay, the M271 is the natural choice for the chassis pairing. The first point of modification you may want to consider is the air intake snorkel. The M271 deserves better than some flimsy-what-feels-like-black fabric snorkel. I'll bet Kleemann or some aftermarket tuner will come to the rescue with a proper Gruppe M carbon fibre version.

28u62wh.jpg

So anyway, congratulations old friend and I'm sure mommy will love her shiny new machine. Looking forward to a test drive in October. :yumyum:

PS I totally forgot to tell you the RRP which is $126,888 for the base model (I stand corrected)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic