• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

GB: Kivic One for your Mercedes

tsktsk

Hi everyone

Since i got to know of this product, it has interest me a fair bit so i went ahead to contact the seller and he is please to offer a Group Buy for this product. For more info, you can see the vidz here:

(shows W204)

(shows W212)

Website is here
http://www.kivic-one.com/

Basically, it allows wireless (using WIFI) streaming of audio from our smartphones to our HU by using the 3.5mm jack in our glovebox. Unit is powered by the 12V ciggie lighter socket which is also conveniently located in the glovebox. I understand that if your ride already has Merc's UCI (media interface), it should be able to do mirroring as well. I do not have the UCI should i do not know the hooking up... just trying to get a better price thru this GB.

Usual price is SGD 338, for this GB which is cash on delivery/collection, the prices are:

• 3 pieces at SGD 318 each
  • 5 pieces at SGD 308 each
  • 10 pieces at SGD 298 each

If anyone keen please leave your nick here and PM me your contact. 

1. tsktsk (Darryl)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i am keen but i want to know the installation how does it works?

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

bro for just simple audio streaming via the WIFI SSID, i believe Box with 3.5mm wire plug into glovebox audio jack and to power up the unit, just use the glovebox's 12V cigarette lighter socket. So if this is the case, it will just be a DIY job.

For cars with existing UCI, i believe it will also be PnP to the UCI using one of the supplied RCA cables, i am definitely no expert so i am just assuming.

For me i am just interested to stream audio without the messy wire. 

Does the price include the Multimedia Video Interface module or just the Kivic itself? What's the expected price for installation?

Bro erm what is UCI?

bro for just simple audio streaming via the WIFI SSID, i believe Box with 3.5mm wire plug into glovebox audio jack and to power up the unit, just use the glovebox's 12V cigarette lighter socket. So if this is the case, it will just be a DIY job.

For cars with existing UCI, i believe it will also be PnP to the UCI using one of the supplied RCA cables, i am definitely no expert so i am just assuming.

For me i am just interested to stream audio without the messy wire. 

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

Does the price include the Multimedia Video Interface module or just the Kivic itself? What's the expected price for installation?

bro only the kivic one box with supplied cables... if i do get it, it will just be a DIY, cigarette lighter socket and 3.5mm audio jack job in the glove box. Only thing probably is to secure the box in the glove box to prevent it from rolling around

no UCI, UCI is the media interface which requires some wiring, site sponsors Greg or Camber53 can do this. This GB just for the kivic one box.

thanks for supporting, hope to get 5 then can save 30 bucks per buyer.

Understand what above info. But I got a issue here.

W212 my2010 aux volume is softer than radio source.

Will this fix the problem as well?

Bro, did you use the Volume Booster when in Aux mode? There is an option to boost the soft volume... of course when i am in Aux my MP3 player or iPhone's vol is max and will adjust the vol on the HU instead... but i have no problem getting boomy bass or loud music when listening to my Aux source.

If u have already tried this then check to make sure the 3.5mm audio jack in the glovebox is securely plug in, mine is rather loose so audio quality is compromised if the jack becomes loose... i am using a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable for now.

Lastly, if you have tried all the above, then i doubt this Kivic box will help in this loudness area.

post-55-0-60964000-1393894011_thumb.jpg

post-55-0-28457100-1393894016_thumb.jpg

Hi

Will it work with 2013 W204 Coupe audio system?

bro as long as your audio has a 12V power source and at least a 3.5mm audio earphone/headphone type of jack then it should work, i am just the guy putting together this GB so i am not the distributor :)

As i see it, this Kivic One will broadcast a Wifi signal, let's call it "Kivic" and when you turn on your smartphone, you should see this Wifi ID, get connected to it. Start your Music program on your iPhone and then select Airplay and select the "Kivic" WIfi signal to stream audio to, the audio should then stream wirelessly from your iPhone to this Kivic One box which is now already plug into your 3.5mm audio jack.

On your Audio20 or Comand, select Aux as the source and you should be able to hear the songs now playing on your iPhone. 

Thanks for the feedback, it's too bad then I can't install it cause E200K does not have a audio 3.5mm cable in the glove compartment :( :( :(

"Ham and eggs = A day's work for the chicken; A lifetime commitment for the poor pig."