• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Kivic One a/v streaming to your HU using Airplay

tsktsk

• 1 month later...

hey everyone... since Kivic One became available, i have been thinking to get it and i finally did... since the GB didnt materialize, i paid $338 for the device and made a short clip about how it can be hook up to your Aux 3.5mm input in your glove box... 

The quality of the music streaming over WIFI is definitely good despite my Samsung Tab not doing it any justice. Please pardon my quacky voice :)

Update for info.

Apple TV, Kivic, and Chromecast as will do video n audio.

For Command system, no sweat if u add a VIM for video streaming cause without it when car in motion NO picture.

For Audio 20 system need the media interface for video stream.

From 2012 I understand all C class has audio w BT cap. If you have that, one should be able to stream ur audio from ur smartphone.

I installed a HDMI TO VIDEO N AUDIO adapter. Now I can selective use either one to stream video.

Between the 3 system, Kivic disadvantage is that you have to be on its wifi net, the other 2 can use a mobile BB wifi to connect to internet. This also mean that with Apple TV, I can AirPlay video n audio from my phone or from any internet site namely iTunes. Chromecast can stream YouTube videos, or ur own movies from ur phone.

My experience with Kivic, is the video is not steady and often hangs. The other two no problems. Been running it for 3 mths.

Hope this gives more input to these systems.

Thanks for sharing your experience on the Kivic. I was looking at various options for "upgrading" my ICE as well and decided that none of the available options met my requirements without costing a bomb. So I came up with my own "hack", centering the setup around a Nexus 7 tablet, and it has been working pretty well for me so far. Thought I'll share it here for bros who are going down the same path.

http://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/536751-nexus-7-android-tablet-my-carpc.html

• Like 1

Update for info.

Apple TV, Kivic, and Chromecast as will do video n audio.

For Command system, no sweat if u add a VIM for video streaming cause without it when car in motion NO picture.

For Audio 20 system need the media interface for video stream.

From 2012 I understand all C class has audio w BT cap. If you have that, one should be able to stream ur audio from ur smartphone.

I installed a HDMI TO VIDEO N AUDIO adapter. Now I can selective use either one to stream video.

Between the 3 system, Kivic disadvantage is that you have to be on its wifi net, the other 2 can use a mobile BB wifi to connect to internet. This also mean that with Apple TV, I can AirPlay video n audio from my phone or from any internet site namely iTunes. Chromecast can stream YouTube videos, or ur own movies from ur phone.

My experience with Kivic, is the video is not steady and often hangs. The other two no problems. Been running it for 3 mths.

Hope this gives more input to these systems.

You installed Apple TV already? I'm still going back and forth on it.

Of course there are other options available like what Hawkeye said but I am no techie and kivic suits what I wanna do. For bt streaming I am led to understand that the bandwidth may not be as broad as using wifi. But again I am no techie and the audio I get now is strong and good enough for me.

In any case if any one keen just drop me a PM. I can facilitate the purchase.

You installed Apple TV already? I'm still going back and forth on it.

Yep. I can use Apple TV , Chromecast or Kivic. Depends on my mood. Kivic not steady so stop using it. Most easy system is Chromecast. I use it with YouTube for streaming most often. Apple TV if I want direct from iTunes. I have a wifi system for my internet access on the road. Use the wifi for waze n maps (this been running for 3 yrs. My pax can surf net on their tablet.

But honestly they are most useful when u not driving n want to musang. When driving very distracting.

I'm using a cd magnetic mount to my sony xperia ultra, tele connected to my audio 20, media connected to belkin aircast. Cheap cheap.. And fuss free

Sound n audio coming thru your audio 20 Aux port ?

Yup...when call comes in.. Your radio or mp3 will fade out. The belkin also does telephony but then u have to be on aux mode

Audio 20 thot no video unless u add a media interface?

Interesting, learnt something today.

• 6 months later...