• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Sprint Booster

Guest Andlee

Guest Sareve

Hoho the solution is always MORE HORSEPOWER! Or louder exhaust :)

Haha, not a big fan of loud exhausts leh. :P

Maybe you'll change your mind after taking a ride in Jun's car :devil2:

ridethelightning ]

Sprint booster for W203 costs $380 from MBM. Just test that couple of weeks ago when I went servicing. Din take it up yet. Maybe becoz it didn' wrote:

Hmm, do you get to test what it feels like? I want to see if there's a difference or not, because from the description on paper it seems like what i need to solve my problem, dunno if there will be a noticeable difference or not.

And hello Jun, mine is silver.

Yup, I got to test the sprint booster on my W203. There is some difference, but not as powerful as SY69U's car. Think he mod quite a bit other than installing sprint booster. It didn't met my expectation, so I'm not ready to pay for a brand new sprint booster for the difference it gives me... unless I can get a 2nd hand one...

Guest kepiting1sg

Yup, I got to test the sprint booster on my W203. There is some difference, but not as powerful as SY69U's car. Think he mod quite a bit other than installing sprint booster. It didn't met my expectation, so I'm not ready to pay for a brand new sprint booster for the difference it gives me... unless I can get a 2nd hand one...

Sprint booster dun gip extra power.

It's just a gadget to make your accelerator more "sensitive" i.e U step on the pedal a little,

it sends a signal to the throttle that U are stepping more.

Thus giving U the "sense" of better engine response. No actual increase in bhp & Nm!

BroSY69U base is 184hp stock but his ride is filled with STD(Sexual Transmitted Diseases - cos contagious) & Poisons.

Dun wanna spend more? :devil2:

Can wait around for Kleemann Performance Kit & others for sale especailly when owners are de-kitting to buy newer ride.

K-Box, Pulley Kit, Headers, smaller SC pulley(C230 SC), Fuel Pump,K&N filter, Exhaust System, Vaeth Intercooler. :devil2:

Guest sy69u

What is the point of a sprint booster if it doesn't actually increase horsepower but only increases throttle response at the lower end? Essentially flooring the pedal will still give you the same amount of acceleration wouldn't it? Correct me if I'm wrong, but would I be correct to assume that there are people paying a few hundred dollars to cause the low end throttle response to be much higher and therefore cause the car to feel like a more powerful car? I don't get it, why not just floor the accelerator all the time?

it doesnt increase the horsepower but the response level of the accelerator increased tremendously. so in other words u only take a fraction of a second to achive the speed required when u use a sp instead of flooring the acceleration at stock.

Guest sy69u

Also, another question- is the sprint booster easily removable? (I'm only asking cos i am quite sure my dad does not approve of modding and wants to car to be sent to C&C for servicing... so i will need to remove if he wants to send the car for servicing.)

leave your sp in during c&c servicing.... shouldnt be a problem as it does not effect warranty issue. my car is serviced by c&c & i leave all my mods intact during servicing.

Guest sy69u

Sprint booster dun gip extra power.

It's just a gadget to make your accelerator more "sensitive" i.e U step on the pedal a little,

it sends a signal to the throttle that U are stepping more.

Thus giving U the "sense" of better engine response. No actual increase in bhp & Nm!

BroSY69U base is 184hp stock but his ride is filled with STD(Sexual Transmitted Diseases - cos contagious) & Poisons.

Dun wanna spend more? :devil2:

Can wait around for Kleemann Performance Kit & others for sale especailly when owners are de-kitting to buy newer ride.

K-Box, Pulley Kit, Headers, smaller SC pulley(C230 SC), Fuel Pump,K&N filter, Exhaust System, Vaeth Intercooler. :devil2:

unker, got header & intercooler still for sale....

Guest kepiting1sg

U Satan hor!!!! :devil2:

Yes! I've been thinking of it and till now still "resisting the temptations from Dewey"

It's not just the header & intercooler nia!

Once kenna the header & intercooler, then it will definitely have to follow by K-Box. Pulley Kit & Exhaust.

Once ta pow the above items, there's no running away from BBK, Bodykit, lowering, rims.......wahhhhh U very poisonous!....so contagious wan!!!...wakakaka :devil2:

LOOONNNNNNN!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Ai A Loon ;D

Guest sy69u

Batam Cheem ]

U Satan hor!!!! :devil2:

Yes! I' wrote:

LOOONNNNNNN!!!!![/b] :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Ai A Loon ;D

too late liow...... inter-cooler gone liow..... all my fault...... me & my big mouth.... hehehehehehe.....

Guest kepiting1sg

too late liow...... inter-cooler gone liow..... all my fault...... me & my big mouth.... hehehehehehe.....

hehehehe....now 1 item less to think off! ;D