• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Sprint Booster

Guest Andlee

Guest 2 Mercie 2

sis can reply? hehehehe kidding. it works not too bad for mine. have it for bout a year already. i think there are different types. but i don't really know what they meant by different types. hahaha. my workshop allowed me to test and see which one i preferred. as in sensitivity and response. the first one like no difference. the second one works pretty fine. shox87 drove my car and felt the difference compared to his (same model as mine). so ya.... and andlee.. you came for meetup ya? shld have let you test my car see whether you like it :P

Sure..haha..any bro or sis can reply...Thanks for your inputs. Thanks for offering your car for testing..unfortunately, I wasn't at the last meetup. There are also 2 different versions offered, one is about 300 plus, the other one 600 plus..maybe, I will ask them to let me test both to see which one is better..its called Power Pedal, not sprint booster..Later, i will be going down to benzline to collect back my ride...will ask them to install and let me test the Power Pedal to see the effect..thanks again.

Hi Andlee,

I just install the Sprint Booster. It is damned good & make the car very response. Also, it makes you want to drive the car more. Do take note that there two types of Sprint Booster. Go for the agressive type. Only cost about SGD$300plus.

Hi Andlee,

I just install the Sprint Booster. It is damned good & make the car very response. Also, it makes you want to drive the car more. Do take note that there two types of Sprint Booster. Go for the agressive type. Only cost about SGD$300plus.

hahahahaha.... so u kena poison while waiting for ur car to be ready huh? lucky u didnt hear us talking about the header & kleemen pulley. lagi poison.....

btw, it was nice meeting u..................

Hi Sy69u,

Hahah..Yeah U r right...Actually that day i just wanted to change the air filter and spring..In the end, i also changed the sprint booster. Won't be changing the header & Kleeman pulley so soon.

Anyway, nice meeting you.

• 5 months later...
Guest ridethelightning

Hi guys, i'm quite new here, so a bit shy to ask ah... But i've been thinking of adding a sprint booster to my car for a while now. Any idea how much it will cost? Is it still 300 plus as quoted by black mamba?

My only grouse with my slk now is that it's not as responsive (i feel) compared to my dad's s350. :-\

Guest Sareve

What is the point of a sprint booster if it doesn't actually increase horsepower but only increases throttle response at the lower end? Essentially flooring the pedal will still give you the same amount of acceleration wouldn't it? Correct me if I'm wrong, but would I be correct to assume that there are people paying a few hundred dollars to cause the low end throttle response to be much higher and therefore cause the car to feel like a more powerful car? I don't get it, why not just floor the accelerator all the time?

Guest ridethelightning

What is the point of a sprint booster if it doesn't actually increase horsepower but only increases throttle response at the lower end? Essentially flooring the pedal will still give you the same amount of acceleration wouldn't it? Correct me if I'm wrong, but would I be correct to assume that there are people paying a few hundred dollars to cause the low end throttle response to be much higher and therefore cause the car to feel like a more powerful car? I don't get it, why not just floor the accelerator all the time?

I think it's very simple, it is just a matter of personal preference. If you like it and think it feels shiok, then why not? And i think it still costs less than if you really want to change more things to increase horsepower.

Also, I think flooring the pedal will not give you the same throttle response at the lower end as compared to when you add a sprint booster leh. Can anyone clarify?

Also, another question- is the sprint booster easily removable? (I'm only asking cos i am quite sure my dad does not approve of modding and wants to car to be sent to C&C for servicing... so i will need to remove if he wants to send the car for servicing.)

Guest angela

ridethelightning ]

Sareve ]

What is the point of a sprint booster if it doesn' wrote:

I think it' wrote:

Correct.

Also, I think flooring the pedal will not give you the same throttle response at the lower end as compared to when you add a sprint booster leh. Can anyone clarify?

from a sprint booster owner, AGREED 100%.

Also, another question- is the sprint booster easily removable? (I'm only asking cos i am quite sure my dad does not approve of modding and wants to car to be sent to C&C for servicing... so i will need to remove if he wants to send the car for servicing.)

for the slk, not easy to open up the pre face lift version, need to get a workshop to do.. i'm not sure about the FL model. dun need to remove, if he dun drive the car often, he may not notice the difference of the sprint booster... he may think its his mind playing tricks.

Guest ridethelightning

Haha, no not worried abt my dad noticing or not, i worried later he send back to c&c then they make noise. Then i'll be in trouble. I got my slk a month ago, is it the facelifted model?

Haha, no not worried abt my dad noticing or not, i worried later he send back to c&c then they make noise. Then i'll be in trouble. I got my slk a month ago, is it the facelifted model?

hhihi... hmm i think it should be the face-lift model..

so which colour u gt? black?

Hi ridethelightning,

Good choice! SLK is too heavy. You might want to check with MBM/KBS on the latest price.

Sprint booster for W203 costs $380 from MBM. Just test that couple of weeks ago when I went servicing. Din take it up yet. Maybe becoz it didn't give me the power I felt when trying on SY69U's ride. So...conclusion for me is... u must be ready to mod more than a sprint booster to feel the difference... or... don't try others' ride unnecessarily esp those who mod alot...

Guest ridethelightning

Sprint booster for W203 costs $380 from MBM. Just test that couple of weeks ago when I went servicing. Din take it up yet. Maybe becoz it didn't give me the power I felt when trying on SY69U's ride. So...conclusion for me is... u must be ready to mod more than a sprint booster to feel the difference... or... don't try others' ride unnecessarily esp those who mod alot...

Hmm, do you get to test what it feels like? I want to see if there's a difference or not, because from the description on paper it seems like what i need to solve my problem, dunno if there will be a noticeable difference or not.

And hello Jun, mine is silver.