• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Anyone installed mercedes or eibach rear swaybar kit?

Guest et209

My R170 don't have a swaybar but the later productions have. So i am thinking about installing a set. Has anyone tried to do something like that for their cars in general??

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My R170 don't have a swaybar but the later productions have. So i am thinking about installing a set. Has anyone tried to do something like that for their cars in general??

Forgot to add: Any recommended mechanics to install? i have a problem. unlike the later production cars, mine does not come with the holes to install the brackets. Any really good mechanics who can do this?

Guest jenvid

errm... adding a rear sway bar without increasing the front one will induce more oversteer. It is already quite easy to throw the rear out in a corner, so u might want to check ard.

thanks for the update. i actually bought the amg sway bar for the rear. i could upgrade the front one as well. But problem is still: i don't have holes to install bracket for rear sway. do any of you guys know which mod workshop to go to who is more knowledgeable in this area?

Bro your best bet would be to try the US based forums and ask the R170 owners there who have done similar mods, get their "blueprints" and then we will try to recommend a suitable mechanic here who can help replicate the process. If you rock up w/o some form of instruction, I'm pretty sure many mechanics here won't dare to take up the challenge.

Guest jenvid

actually i m already asking around on the "overseas" R170 forum liao... will update you guys when i get more info i guess.

Bro.. how's it coming along.

Actually just realised that your car is 97er. I recall ard that time in MBWorld.org many had gone to fit a rear antiroll bar especially when it didnt came with one just like yours. Not quite sure if the archive is that far back in MBworld.

Mine was a 96er... haha... The first batch... when the darn COE was $67k

updates.. hee..

most R170 owners dare not do this mod. They would simply install the eibach kit becuase it is a direct bolt-on.

i am researching on the various methods to install the amg bars; i think i have found the answers. will updates you guys soon!