• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Taiwan Rims ...

Guest angela

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Raskie

i think it's ok to get taiwan rims but it's def better to get new ones and not 2nd hand ones as you will not know the real condition ... there are some very good affordable replicas out there ...

look at how sibei heavy those amg rims are but u nv heard of them getting bend at potholes

So far I have seen..........

1. Evo 6 fitted with OZ racing wheels kana split in half after knocking into a curb

2. Pulsar GTIR using Compomotive Motorsport Wheels also kana split in half after slamming into a curb

All forged wheels I believe. :death:

If you're a die hard you'd probably already engage a KL garage with 2 man crew to be on standby whenever you go Sepang. They change to semi slicks on forged rims for you, spare brake pads on standby, automatic tyre inflator/deflator machine on standby, adjust suspension etc. :thumbsup:

Race finish leow swap back to taiwan rims balek kampong.

Here's a link describing the differnent wheel mfr techniques currently used

Another excellent resource from SportCompactCar Magazine -

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/tech/0205scc_wheel_tech_guide/index.html

TireRack

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=90

Guest Otsego

If you're a die hard you'd probably already engage a KL garage with 2 man crew to be on standby whenever you go Sepang. They change to semi slicks on forged rims for you, spare brake pads on standby, automatic tyre inflator/deflator machine on standby, adjust suspension etc. :thumbsup:

Race finish leow swap back to taiwan rims balek kampong.

Hoosier.jpg

who want to be my pitcrew for 9sep? :love7:

Guest angela

who want to be my pitcrew for 9sep? :love7:

:offtopic: how much you paying?? :devil2: :devil2: :offtopic:

i'll do it for free, provided i get to drive home the "track" car after the event. :D

of course will return after that la boss...

"Will, work for peanuts."

sillywilly ]

i' wrote:

drive home the "track" car[/u] after the event. :D

:offtopic: wa undercut me huh? Ok, lose liao. I don't work for peanuts, i work for nutmegs! Hahaha :offtopic:

Guest jenvid

keltanky ]

i' wrote:

drive home the "track" car[/u] after the event. :D

:offtopic: wa undercut me huh? Ok, lose liao. I don't work for peanuts, i work for nutmegs! Hahaha :offtopic:

I got a sack of peanuts & nutmegs, when can you guys start work ?

Guest jenvid

I got a sack of peanuts & nutmegs, when can you guys start work ?

when u hand me the keys to the black convertible with red interior... :D :D :D :D

:offtopic:

Onz !!! You said the key hor....

My pool needs scrubbing, plants need watering, my fragipani tree needs to rid all the pests. I need to build a twigs laced fence.

When can you start work ???