• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

head unit change

Guest calp

Hi,

I have an old Pioneer headunit mated with the stock sound system (speakers) in my W124 E200 masterpiece. I'd like to change this head unit with the pioneer DEH-P3050UB (the one below) and add a CD changer...

http://www.pioneer.com.sg/storefront2/ProductDetail/default.asp?ProductId=534&CatId=2,24,33

http://www.pioneer.com.sg/storefront2/ProductDetail/default.asp?ProductId=95&CatId=,2,78

I was at Autobacs last weekend; and saw them there; headunit price: $269 +$20 (installation). Can't remember the CD changer price... :)

Is Autobacs reliable/reasonable for this kinda' job?

I don't want people to mess up with my ride for a simple installation like this. :-\

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kepiting1sg

calp ]

Hi,

I have an old Pioneer headunit mated with the stock sound system (speakers) in my W124 E200 masterpiece. I' wrote:

http://www.pioneer.com.sg/storefront2/ProductDetail/default.asp?ProductId=534&CatId=2,24,33[/url]

http://www.pioneer.com.sg/storefront2/ProductDetail/default.asp?ProductId=95&CatId=,2,78

I was at Autobacs last weekend; and saw them there; headunit price: $269 +$20 (installation). Can't remember the CD changer price... :)

Is Autobacs reliable/reasonable for this kinda' job?

I don't want people to mess up with my ride for a simple installation like this. :-\

IMHO,

Autobacs has been around for quite some time and should be able to instal your HU without any problem. (Unless a trainee is doing the installation)

$20 for installation is "pretty cheap"

If you own an Apple Ipod, you might wanna consider a step up with DEH-P3040UB

http://www.pioneer.com.sg/storefront/ProductDetail/default.asp?ProductId=520&CatId=2,24,33

Guest mercw124

Yes! Definitely able to play using your thumbdrive.

Am currrently using the 3050 on my W124 as well and I've tried hooking my phone, HDD, thumbdrive etc and no voila!

Plays as clear as day.

On the side note, any recommendations for a pair of front speakers? Mine's beginning to crack! :(

Wah... That's great! :thumbsup:

Since we are drifting off the topic; ;) do you guys know where to get those reverse cameras w monitor? How much is a good system?

Is the installation possible by DIY or will I need expert help for that?

Yeah I've checked that section, but there is (was) only one from Allen; and it is already sold... :)

So how?

Calp, check with Allen again if he got another set lying around. cost about S$200.00. fruitcake has also installed it.. or u might 1 2 change to an Alpine set that comes with the reverse camera & monitor & also plays CD & DVD. think its over S$1k. jenvid might be able to help u on the details. u may also 1 2 look at those with in built bluetooth for the handphone. might as well do all in 1 go. a little more money but save the time & headache....

Guest kepiting1sg

sy69u ]

Yeah I' wrote:

Calp, check with Allen again if he got another set lying around. cost about S$200.00. fruitcake has also installed it.. or u might 1 2 change to an Alpine set that comes with the reverse camera & monitor & also plays CD & DVD. think its over S$1k. jenvid might be able to help u on the details. u may also 1 2 look at those with in built bluetooth for the handphone. might as well do all in 1 go. a little more money but save the time & headache....

hehehehehehe......think its over S$1k......more poison..... :clap:

Guest jenvid

Batam Cheem ]

Yeah I' wrote:

hahahaha... that's why I kept quiet. Calp dun worry follow sy69u advise. he will top up the balance payment above 1k. kekeke

Thanks for the advice; but I am a noob when it comes to ice; so I 'll just stick to a simple head unit and maybe the rearview cam.

I've noticed that when I talk on the phone while driving, I talk rubbish, :bboyspin: so bluetooth is also out of the picture; sorry simon :P

Right now I am struggling with a stupid idling problem, so until I sort it out; all other stuff will be put on hold :death:

:offtopic:

The engine stalls at the inital start-up; so i have to crank it up twice or thrice to get it to normal idling speed 800rpm...

It doesn't stall during the journey; or traffic lights. Only when I crank it for the first time. And it DOES NOT happen all the time :-[

Ah yong at MBM at first thought it was the fuel damper; the hose was broken so he changed it. Right thing to do... The problem went away for a few days BUT it came back. Yesterday, he checked the throttle body, cleaned it up, but today it stalled more frequently than before...

When I first discussed it with ONE OF our W124 gurus, Leon ;), he told me abt the "idle control valve"; and I asked Ah Yong to check it out. But he doesn't seem to think that it's the idle control valve...

It's just pissing me off, and I am sick of going to MBM every monday (thank God I don't have any teaching on Mondays :P...),

I feel like I am reporting for work at the beginning of the week at MBM. :angry3:

Yes! Definitely able to play using your thumbdrive.

Am currrently using the 3050 on my W124 as well and I've tried hooking my phone, HDD, thumbdrive etc and no voila!

Plays as clear as day.

On the side note, any recommendations for a pair of front speakers? Mine's beginning to crack! :(

You may want to use a 4"component set from Chuan Sing Audio(Blk 29 Sin Min Ind Pk). USA Brand- Cheap but sound good (One to One replacement)

calp ]

Thanks for the advice wrote:

ONE OF [/color] our W124 gurus, Leon ;), he told me abt the "idle control valve"; and I asked Ah Yong to check it out. But he doesn't seem to think that it's the idle control valve...

It's just pissing me off, and I am sick of going to MBM every monday (thank God I don't have any teaching on Mondays :P...),

I feel like I am reporting for work at the beginning of the week at MBM. :angry3:

try sending it to my regular workshop located in lavender. he is quite an expert in those 'old' merc. all my mercs & friends' mercs were serviced by him. he is also drivng mercs all the way. if u need the location, please pm me.

Jenvid ]

Yeah I' wrote:

hahahaha... that's why I kept quiet. Calp dun worry follow sy69u advise. he will top up the balance payment above 1k. kekeke

hello.... i already said it would cost more then 1k... just didnt 1 him to regret later after changing it to a cheaper standard set.....