• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Aircon suddenly loss coldness

Guest jameslhm

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

went to pump in gas it started ok but after a distance the issue came back inter................. :banghead:

Coil leak, Compreesor leak...... Best solution...

Leave the problem, Change the car......

• 4 weeks later...

check air con piping in the engine bay first... see if there r traces of oil on the piping to the compressor

is there any way to check by ourself???

Bro,

Happened to me too the other day when I was driving. Sent in the car and was told there was a leak near the compressor. You can try Dennis of Nam Sing at 96200365. Very knowledgeable and friendly. Most important won't chop carrot ;)

Guest benzw124

I had a similar problem when i just bought the car. It wasnt as bad as yours as i couldnt hear the hissing sound but the aircon would constantly lose coolant over the cause of 2 weeks. It could not hold a charge longer than that and the aircon became very warm thereafter. There is a small nipple valve along the coolant lines on the passenger side of the engine. It is a small black plastic thing that looks something like a Darlie toothpaste cap. Feel around the cap and the area for oil leaks and if it does leak there it could just be an $8 fix. I wasnt as lucky though i had to change my condenser coil after changing that nipple thingy. Cost me about $600 to replace the cracked coil as they have to strip the entire dash out.

sian the aircon again gt pro sian :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Sooo Lucky this place is Sgmerc with lots of very cool and inderstanding kind soul....if not you sure :asshole: :whip2: