• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Riot at spore little India

Arshavin

10 officers are injured.... 5 vehicles damages.... 400 mobsters..... NG CHIA and Gurkhas activated...... time to round them all up and send them home.... hope the officers are not seriously injured....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Shocking........

Weekend in little India is messy and lots people binge on road side, honestly I don't like to see people drinking alcohol on the street it or public area drinking alcohol should make it illegal. Also apply to group of nationality picnic around orchard area who also binge on road side.

Fully agrees with u bro.

Went to little india fetch my wife once when she had a gathering there. The human traffic is 3rd world standard. They own the roads and our cars become the horse or cows on the road

Orchard area I already give up. Haha. Hope orchard area won't see the kind of troubles we had watch on the news in other countries

Shocking........

Weekend in little India is messy and lots people binge on road side, honestly I don't like to see people drinking alcohol on the street it or public area drinking alcohol should make it illegal. Also apply to group of nationality picnic around orchard area who also binge on road side.

Victoria Concordia Crescit

Translation: Victory grows out of harmony.

nothing to do with political parties...don't think anyone in any parties have the experience in dealing with riots. everything happens for a reason, and we all don't know what actually happened. 1 sensitive word/action can ignite what happened yesterday. All we know is an accident happened, and the riot started...in between?

anyway, never like to drive along little india area even though I stay nearby, and to be honest, sometimes it does feel intimidating driving there.

You're dethpicable. 

How many donkey years we have been complaining about our FW drink till drunk and anyhow sleep on the void deck at little India area HDB. Worse they drunk till urine here n there

Our beloved government keep saying they are carrying out studies to proposed solutions

Based on your argument. . You are expecting the gahmen to

1) Revoke all the liquor license in Little India

2) Revoke all the liquor license at places around HDB flats...

Or

3) Revoke all the liquor license in Singapore.....

Other than the 3rd option. . I don't think will stop them from buying alcohol and drink anywhere they want. ..

• Like 1

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

How many donkey years we have been complaining about our FW drink till drunk and anyhow sleep on the void deck at little India area HDB. Worse they drunk till urine here n there

Our beloved government keep saying they are carrying out studies to proposed solutions

I have to agree with this, last time when there were constructions near my place and those illegal dorms almost every night I can see worker drinking in group at pedestrian walkway. Sometime is really concern when they litter or worse smash beer bottle on paved walk way.
  • Like 1

I just wan them to restrict the drinking area for the FW. Don't let them anywhere drink n get drunk ad urine here m there.

Government can fine us for anyhow parking here n there. But they can't enforce those FW from gathering around little India and get drunk and urine here n there.

Ask those who live there for years. Is there any improvement over these years

Based on your argument. . You are expecting the gahmen to

1) Revoke all the liquor license in Little India

2) Revoke all the liquor license at places around HDB flats...

Or

3) Revoke all the liquor license in Singapore.....

Other than the 3rd option. . I don't think will stop them from buying alcohol and drink anywhere they want. ..

Beef up enforcement. In the us, anyone appearing drunk will be hauled to the medic vehicle to check blood pressure n see if u take drugs. They only let you go when they think u are really ok. In the clubs, the bouncers can pull u out anytime they think u r trying to be funny, no questions asked. There is call enforcement. Not when pple start fighting n u start to think what to do. I still remember the video of the bus interchange incident. The guy is spitting at the lady and the security can still stand around there and ask the guy to backup. The guy spitted a second time the security still stand around n ask him to back off? No protocol in place? Or the security is really just a part timer to bluff people there are security at the interchange. Our security enforcement pple are too soft IMHO.