• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W210 Eibach prokit spring

Guest angela

Guest angela

Hi,

Just to show picture of my recent drop on my W210 E280 with front spring pad #1 and rear #2. Everything is still stocked. The picture is 2 days after the spring change(2 fingers high), will take another current picture with the spring fully settle down, (even lower, less than 2 fingers).

BTW, the total maximum allowable size is only 192kb, cant even attached 2 pictures.... suggest to increase to 128k/pic instead of 192k/message...

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about the picture size restriction as we have limited server space! I have since increased each post to handle 256kb max of pics.

Very gian to buy the Eibach kit after looking at the way yours turned out! Is the ride comfort okay with a full load of passengers ? I think my car has had stock suspension for waaaaaaaay too long. ;D

Hi,

Just to show picture of my recent drop on my W210 E280 with front spring pad #1 and rear #2. Everything is still stocked. The picture is 2 days after the spring change(2 fingers high), will take another current picture with the spring fully settle down, (even lower, less than 2 fingers).

BTW, the total maximum allowable size is only 192kb, cant even attached 2 pictures.... suggest to increase to 128k/pic instead of 192k/message...

try use imageshack.us to link your image here... you load your img there, then use

Guest angela

Sorry about the picture size restriction as we have limited server space! I have since increased each post to handle 256kb max of pics.

Very gian to buy the Eibach kit after looking at the way yours turned out! Is the ride comfort okay with a full load of passengers ? I think my car has had stock suspension for waaaaaaaay too long. ;D

Hi 911

The ride comfort still remains, but it is definitely firmer and the car handle really well, no more "throwing you around" on uneven road. :D. My suggestion is to try someone's car with the similar setup. ;)

The ride comfort still remains, but it is definitely firmer and the car handle really well, no more "throwing you around" on uneven road. Cheesy. My suggestion is to try someone's car with the similar setup. Wink

Ok dude. So far don't know anyone with this setup so if you happen to drop in to SGP for a meetup session I will definitely approach you :P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest angela

whats the #1 & #2 pad thingy? comes with the drop kit?

The spring pad is placed on top of the spring. It has different height determine by the #, with #1 the lowest and #5 the highest.

Guest CBlack

The spring pad is placed on top of the spring. It has different height determine by the #, with #1 the lowest and #5 the highest.

hi, do you know what the front spring pad of the stock car is? i've lowered my car but the front still has 2 fingers gap. i want no gap ;D thought of cutting the spring but was advised against it by many people so the next thing to do is to change the spring pad.

Guest angela

hi, do you know what the front spring pad of the stock car is? i've lowered my car but the front still has 2 fingers gap. i want no gap ;D thought of cutting the spring but was advised against it by many people so the next thing to do is to change the spring pad.

It might be different for your car, mine came stock with pad #1 front and #2 rear, so I just leave it there. The best way is to jack up the car, remove the wheel and look at the top of the spring, you should be able to see or feel(use your hand) some kind of "dot" on the pad, the number of dots denote the pad number. For after market spring, with 2 finger height should be quite right. What spring did you use? H&R I heard goes lower than Eibach. If you want lower, change to sport absorber or adjustable coilover, with the latter able to give you the desire height.

Cheers. ;)

Guest CBlack

It might be different for your car, mine came stock with pad #1 front and #2 rear, so I just leave it there. The best way is to jack up the car, remove the wheel and look at the top of the spring, you should be able to see or feel(use your hand) some kind of "dot" on the pad, the number of dots denote the pad number. For after market spring, with 2 finger height should be quite right. What spring did you use? H&R I heard goes lower than Eibach. If you want lower, change to sport absorber or adjustable coilover, with the latter able to give you the desire height.

Cheers. ;)

I use Kleeman spring and the drop at the rear is ideal for me ie half tire tucked under the fender so i want the front to have no gap to look more balance with the rear.