• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Topic About Classic American Musclecars

Guest technophobia

Guest technophobia

Hello, everyone, it's Technophobia again. I realize that the subject matter of American Musclecars may be a little distant from the Singaporean motorcar scene, but if ever you feel like expanding your automotive horizons in the direction of Mustangs, Camaros, Corvettes, Chevelles, GTOs, Firebirds, 'Cudas, Challengers and other icons of the American Horsepower Race of the '60s and '70s, we invite you to discover http://musclecarsph.1.forumer.com the Musclecars Philippines website. Established in early 2007, Musclecars Philippines has come a long way in spreading the good news about Classic American V8 Muscle. Its more than one hundred registered members have carried the organization's banner at various motoring venues in the Philippines, including the prestigious Manila International Automobile Show.

Because the Philippines was once a commonwealth of the United States, the LHD "Yank Tanks" of the American "Big Three" (General Motors, Ford and Chrysler) have always been popular over here. Thankfully, our country has become a haven for classic cars and professional repair and restoration, therefore many vintage rides from the U.S., Europe and Japan have been restored or otherwise preserved for future generations to enjoy. So while it is true that a considerable number of pristine classic Mercedes-Benz vehicles ply the streets of Manila on a daily basis, we also have our share of great-looking, great-running American icons, complete with their torque-laden, wasteful, powerful 8-cylinder drivetrains. The Musclecars Philippines website is dedicated to the unrestricted enjoyment of these American Land Yachts in all their ostentatious glory, characterized by the miles and miles of chrome, that signature V8 rumble, the visceral effect of loads of neck-snapping torque, and loads and loads of reckless, conspicuous consumption.

We are confident that you will find the MusclecarsPH website quite refreshing, entertaining and informative, because aside from detailed, in-depth discussions about American Musclecars, the Forum also centers on the diverse passions and interests of the Musclecars Philippines community. You will therefore find topics on music, movies, history, fine timepieces, modern technology, history, diecast models, and lots of naughty, racy, irreverent, humorous, but always tasteful, relevant and thought-provoking photos of you-know-what. And quite significantly, the "Other Cars" section of the MusclecarsPH Forum has several informative and intelligent discussions on Mercedes-Benz vehicles! Click on to "Other Cars" and scan the topics from the beginning. We've covered everything from classic MB restoration, monocoque body issues, AMG, Mercedes-Benz exhibits, Bruno Sacco, engineering and design, the SEC Coupe, the W114/W115, the W201, troubleshooting, etc. etc. etc. Why so much on Mercedes-Benz in, of all things, a website dedicated to American musclecars? Simple. Many Filipino musclecar owners and enthusiasts are ALSO Mercedes-Benz owners and enthusiasts!

Check out http://musclecarsph.1.forumer.com

Enjoy! ::) :bboyspin:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jared201

+1 for you techno. Agreed, if some mercphiles here who has plans of visiting Manila soon, just let technophobia know and get a wild ride of the American Muscle. :rockon:

• 5 months later...
Guest technophobia

A warm, rumbling, torque-laden, tire-screeching welcome to you, Skully! :iconsalut: :welcome:

We're confident that you'll really like it here! :thumbsup: Jared and I envy you... the wonderful peeps of SGMerc are right there in your neighborhood! Makes me want to load up the Camaro with enough "provisions" for a week, and ship it over there! Cheers! :D

• 1 month later...

Oooo yes!!! Giugiaro's timeless beauty!!! :love7:

0308Wall_800p.jpg

01-09_wall800p.jpg

Wonder whether you're aware that the DMC company has been resurrected (1997) and now based in Houston, TX. This company also acquired whatever inventory stock remaining, and engineering plans from the original DMC of North Ireland, and since 2008, have been restoring, rebuilding, and reproducing 'new' DMC-12s from original, rebuilt, and/or reproduced parts. Therefore, one can now even buy a "new build" DMC-12 for around USD 60,000.

http://www.delorean.com/

0309_wall-800.jpg

Now, that's really back-to-the-future !!!

John DeLorean passed away a couple of years ago bro.

Thanks for the trivia JGoh. I did read something about NOS DeLorean parts being bought up thanks to a report last year by The Straits Times. It featured a young man who hunted down a DMC-12 in Singapore and is slowly restoring it to it's former glory.

DMC front end looks kinda like this Isuzu Piazza also designed by Giugiaro.

Isuzu_Piazza_81-91_30.jpg

• 2 years later...
Guest Countach

Hey guys,

Does anyone know of this 66' Mustang with local license plate????????? It could be a 65' or whatever. I saw one and the license plate seems to have those vintage plate colours, no sure! Damn, a 66' Mustang muscle car in Singapore!!!

Countach wrote:

Hey guys,

Does anyone know of this 66' Mustang with local license plate????????? It could be a 65' or whatever. I saw one and the license plate seems to have those vintage plate colours, no sure! Damn, a 66' Mustang muscle car in Singapore!!!

Where did you see it ? I never knew a mustang existed here man. The only mustang I've ever seen is the new gen w Malaysian license plate that is usually parked at the Hyatt Regency whenever it's in Singapore.

Guest Countach

g8crasher wrote:

Where did you see it ? I never knew a mustang existed here man. The only mustang I've ever seen is the new gen w Malaysian license plate that is usually parked at the Hyatt Regency whenever it's in Singapore.

I saw the car, I think its cream colour Send Keng HDB area. I just came out of the carpark and this car drove pass the opposite direction. This one looks pristine condition and I still kick myself for not chasing after it and ask about the car. And no, this is the 65-66' Mustang or similar coz I saw this car a lot in Thailand.

wc wrote:

i wonder if kit cars are allowed in Singapore...

Saw some replica kit cars on the internet...

how i really wished that a Ford GT 40 can be build here...

Hehhehhehheh!

The last kitcar I saw during 1978-1980-ish in Cambridge Road. Its the one with that you need to open the entire roof to get into type. That is the only known kit car I ever saw om Singapore road. No none kit car existed here, at least on the road. The government as relax kitcar rules but I doubt it!

Countach wrote:

Hehhehhehheh!

The last kitcar I saw during 1978-1980-ish in Cambridge Road. Its the one with that you need to open the entire roof to get into type. That is the only known kit car I ever saw om Singapore road. No none kit car existed here, at least on the road. The government as relax kitcar rules but I doubt it!

that's why i always think i'm born in the wrong country, how i really wished that i was born in the UK or US...

Guest Countach

wc wrote:

that's why i always think i'm born in the wrong country, how i really wished that i was born in the UK or US...

Well, no need so far! I would go to Thailand for nearest. IMO, UK replicas are of better quality than Americans!