• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Giving my ride a new coat of paint :)

Guest Merc-C

Guest Merc-C

Been driving my W203 since day 1 from C&C and just simply love it! Now thinking of a clour change as got quite a few knicks and stone chips all over.

To colour change whole car, meaning interior and exterior any concerns? Got some feedback that they would need to dismantle most parts and later fix back, if job not done well will have loose fittings all round.

So far, info gathered from some forums and had zero in to this shop called Yxx Lxx at Sim Ming. Was quoted $2XXX for the job using Metallic 2K paint.

Anyone can advise whether I should go for it, or any good workshops to recommend for a respray colour change?

Thanks! :iconsalut:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest morganoh

Been driving my W203 since day 1 from C&C and just simply love it! Now thinking of a clour change as got quite a few knicks and stone chips all over.

To colour change whole car, meaning interior and exterior any concerns? Got some feedback that they would need to dismantle most parts and later fix back, if job not done well will have loose fittings all round.

So far, info gathered from some forums and had zero in to this shop called Yxx Lxx at Sim Ming. Was quoted $2XXX for the job using Metallic 2K paint.

Anyone can advise whether I should go for it, or any good workshops to recommend for a respray colour change?

If u are spraying the same original color, I guess it does not make a lotlot of difference if u do it any where.

but if u are considering a different color, I sugguest a u do it with with a guy that operates on 2nd level on top of the Lambo show room, or a guy would only does High end cars spray paint in SinMing( I forgot the name)

I'm not too sure about the sinming guy, but I know the guy above lambo, will charge around $4K cos He will remove the original paint of the whole car then spray the car ,

The process is a long one thats why he charges much much more than others.

Guest Merc-C

If u are spraying the same original color, I guess it does not make a lotlot of difference if u do it any where.

but if u are considering a different color, I sugguest a u do it with with a guy that operates on 2nd level on top of the Lambo show room, or a guy would only does High end cars spray paint in SinMing( I forgot the name)

I'm not too sure about the sinming guy, but I know the guy above lambo, will charge around $4K cos He will remove the original paint of the whole car then spray the car ,

The process is a long one thats why he charges much much more than others.

Will be changing new colour bro,

You have the name or contact of the shop? Rather pay a liitle more for peace of mind. Think C&C also charges around 4-5K for the job.

Thanks! :)

Guest morganoh

You have the name or contact of the shop? Rather pay a liitle more for peace of mind. Think C&C also charges around 4-5K for the job.

sorry I do not have the contact, but if u were to call up Lambo or Lotus showroom, they will be able to give u the contact,

(cos there a quite a number of Lambo being crush up and they do the respray on the 2nd floor.)

U can call the Alfa showroom also, cos Lambo , Lotus, Alfa belong to same company.

Guest Cklasse

If you are willing to pay for C&C, why not go to them. I had visited their Pandan workshop and they use a covered spray paint booth with suction to paint. This is important since this will keep the dust away from the painted surface.

Guest Merc-C

sorry I do not have the contact, but if u were to call up Lambo or Lotus showroom, they will be able to give u the contact,

(cos there a quite a number of Lambo being crush up and they do the respray on the 2nd floor.)

U can call the Alfa showroom also, cos Lambo , Lotus, Alfa belong to same company.

No worries,

Will go find out. But come to think of it, for that price can go to C&C. At least more assurance and maybe can get courtesy car from them. ;)

Guest Merc-C

If you are willing to pay for C&C, why not go to them. I had visited their Pandan workshop and they use a covered spray paint booth with suction to paint. This is important since this will keep the dust away from the painted surface.

So they do their own spray paint job?

I heard they actually tender out to others to do the job. Like that might as well I go to the workshop myself. If they are doing it then it justifies the higher price they charge. Maybe a warranty for the paint job as well. ;)

Thanks!

http://www.mercedes-benz.com.sg/content/singapore/mpc/mpc_singapore_website/enng/home_mpc/passengercars/home/services_accessories/parts_services/Service_Available/Body___Paint_Service.html

Thanks bro,

They're good? :)

they are the Autoris Painter for the "RED HORSE"!! believe you will also know their quality!

my friend just done a change of color, they strip his car bare, and repaint think 5 coats even engine bay too!!?? heard he was only charged $1700..

Guest Merc-C

keltanky ]

Thanks bro,

They' wrote:

they are the Autoris Painter for the "RED HORSE"!! believe you will also know their quality!

my friend just done a change of color, they strip his car bare, and repaint think 5 coats even engine bay too!!?? heard he was only charged $1700..

Wow! really ah?

You friend driving Mercs too?

Red horse you mean Ferrari? If they do ferraris and only charge $1700 then that's the one I should go to!

This what's called cheap and good! :D :D :D

Is this the one? - http://www.sgcarmart.com/directory/merchant.php?MID=11254

Or this?- http://www.sgcarmart.com/directory/merchant.php?MID=11257

Merc-C ]

Wow! really ah?

Red horse you mean Ferrari? If they do ferraris and only charge $1700 then that' wrote:

yup yup the Ferrari,

err my friend that day(1 month ago) did his Rex..

my W123 change of color, 5/6 yrs back just for the change of color set me back think was $1800,

but :bboyspin: :bboyspin: total bill $3K, cos plus overhaul engine and did something crazy to car!!! hehehe :devil2: :censored: :devil2:

nope its not the one you listed,

Toh Painters is @ Yee Tee Motor Repair Centre that area( along woodlands rd b4 sungei kadut ave junction)

forgot the full address, off hand can remember its around blk 389..

Guest Merc-C

keltanky ]

Wow! really ah?

Red horse you mean Ferrari? If they do ferraris and only charge $1700 then that' wrote:

yup yup the Ferrari,

err my friend that day(1 month ago) did his Rex..

my W123 change of color, 5/6 yrs back just for the change of color set me back think was $1800,

but :bboyspin: :bboyspin: total bill $3K, cos plus overhaul engine and did something crazy to car!!! hehehe :devil2: :censored: :devil2:

nope its not the one you listed,

Toh Painters is @ Yee Tee Motor Repair Centre that area( along woodlands rd b4 sungei kadut ave junction)

forgot the full address, off hand can remember its around blk 389..

Bro,

If not too much trouble can forward the address and contact?

Or else I go search for it...

Thanks!!! :iconsalut:

Toh painters and Toh Ah Seng Spray Painting used to be the same before both brother had splited and 1 bro pass away many year back, is YEW TEE Ind Est the others at Sungie Kadut.

Try this shop at Sin Min Auto care,forgotten what is the name, pass this shop a few time, saw Ferrari, Porche,Lambo, and old exotic machine doing their makeover there, is on 5th floor near the lift, just drive around you wont miss it cos lots of nice nice car to catch your attention.....

Guest Merc-C

Toh painters and Toh Ah Seng Spray Painting used to be the same before both brother had splited and 1 bro pass away many year back, is YEW TEE Ind Est the others at Sungie Kadut.

Try this shop at Sin Min Auto care,forgotten what is the name, pass this shop a few time, saw Ferrari, Porche,Lambo, and old exotic machine doing their makeover there, is on 5th floor near the lift, just drive around you wont miss it cos lots of nice nice car to catch your attention.....

Thanks bro,

Will go find out...

Guest Merc-C

Called C&C today to get a quote, and this is what I ws told...

1)Need to dismantle all parts and remove engine- $1600

2)Colour change spray paint job- $6000

3)If got any dents or need to replace parts- Additional $$$

:censored: :o :censored: :o

:o :o ::) ::)

Guest morganoh

actually no need to waste money to remove engine. save the money on other mods.

Most of the paint shop will try to spray all the way in, which is good enough for most people

but thats just me, go ahead and do it if u really wanted a perfect job.

Guest Merc-C

Now looking around for other alternative reasonable quotes...

actually no need to waste money to remove engine. save the money on other mods.

Most of the paint shop will try to spray all the way in, which is good enough for most people

but thats just me, go ahead and do it if u really wanted a perfect job.

Will not even consider them cos the price they charging is way too much! ::)

Now looking around for other alternative reasonable quotes... ;)