• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Has anyone installed an oil cooler?

Guest et209

Guest et209

With hot Singapore weather, is it logical to install an additional oil cooler? I was thinking about it. Usually, when the weather is cool, my car feels responsive, but stucked in a traffic jam, my car becomes sluggish. Is it the same for you guys?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cklasse

Is sluggish due to the oil temp?

I think there is a bit. But I have the idea that it is more due to air temperature. Taking the theory from a gas turbine engine, cold or wet air produces more thrust in a jet engine due to the higher density of air molecules. So, in the cool morning or night and even during rainy days, my car feels easier to move.

I think this is the reason for the intercooler to come in to cool the compressed air.

Guest jenvid

:wifstupid:

wahahahahaha.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

With hot Singapore weather, is it logical to install an additional oil cooler? I was thinking about it. Usually, when the weather is cool, my car feels responsive, but stucked in a traffic jam, my car becomes sluggish. Is it the same for you guys?

bro I think it is probably due to the density of O2 & its corresponding temperature. U might want to consider an oil temp gauge before plonking an additional cooler. I think some inside the dash menu, you can recall out the oil temp.

intercoolers are for the turbo charged rite? for our cars, there is no intercooler. am i rite or wrong?

M271 engine block has intercooler below the radiator. A larger intercooler helps but watch the air pressure loss though..

May be we can do the wrx trick, windscreen washer spray onto intercooler....

Guest Cklasse

Someone's car has cooler lei....

Anyway, when air get compressed, heat is produced and having a cooler certainly helps the proces in the combustion chamber.

Guest jenvid

Winter weather w/o snow is a nice time to drive a turbocharged car - all the cool dense FRESH air your car needs :thumbsup:

Winter in SG ? There is no substitute for NOS... hahahahaha

All rides that have a kompressor should have a small intercooler...it's somewhere inside, go figure it out.

Huh! Have to find another G's spot again....... :sex: