• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

"Chik Chik Chik" sound from the engine during cold start

I'm driving the C180 7 G-tronics (11 month old).

Recently, I realised that the car is having this "chik chik chik" high pitch sound from the engine during cold start.
It rhythm will slow down with the increasing temperature.  When the temperature reaches about 80 deg Cel, the sound disappears.

The sound is not quite audible from inside the car, the sound proofing of the car is pretty good. :)

Any bro encountering the same thing?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it normal then to have such sound?

I still hasn't got my new MB but when I saw this C180, prob less than a yr old judging from no. plate and the looks, parked nearby and when she walked away, I can hear that tick tick sound from the car. 

I'm driving the C180 7 G-tronics (11 month old).

Recently, I realised that the car is having this "chik chik chik" high pitch sound from the engine during cold start.

It rhythm will slow down with the increasing temperature.  When the temperature reaches about 80 deg Cel, the sound disappears.

The sound is not quite audible from inside the car, the sound proofing of the car is pretty good. :)

Any bro encountering the same thing?

i had this problem as well but recently rectified by C&C. 1st i send my car in they couldnt isolate the noise as it only come during cold start ie. early in the morning. when i drove my car there its alrdy warmed up and nothing can be heard. i was reluctant to leave my car overnight hence what they did was jus some lubrications on the belt pulley. for the 1st week everything was fine after that and it came back. send my vehicle in again and this time round they changed the belt. no more screeching noise during cold start ever since.

i had this problem as well but recently rectified by C&C. 1st i send my car in they couldnt isolate the noise as it only come during cold start ie. early in the morning. when i drove my car there its alrdy warmed up and nothing can be heard. i was reluctant to leave my car overnight hence what they did was jus some lubrications on the belt pulley. for the 1st week everything was fine after that and it came back. send my vehicle in again and this time round they changed the belt. no more screeching noise during cold start ever since.

Thanks bro.  I'll bring my car in to let them check.  Do you have to make an appointment with them for such incident?  Or do you just drive there and report the problem?

Since day one, I have this tic tic sound, but C&C claim its normal.

CnC claims everything is normal. My B Class steering rack spoil also say its ok. Mountings gone oso say ok. Went to my friend workshop check and found out what they said were normal were all spoiled. 

My ex mistresses....

9394559638_9f28a394db.jpg