• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Any idea why we have 1000 sign up but only the few meetup?

Guest angela

Guest speckie1

alamak bros...why like that..curiosity kills the cat...

I think in general, most pple sign up out of curiosity. Some like to watch from a distance and be updated on Merc info in the SG arena.

My office colleague is one such example. Bought himself a new C class, nearly stalked me, probly reading this post too, got the tip for Car polish and sign himself a package for himself. No meetup for him.

I think by and large most of the members will be dormant members. They probably came & look see look see and thereafter watch from the side.

Car forums in SG is still new, prestigious brand cars will always their own skeptics.

I myself are members of numerous car forums round the world. Close to zero contris from me in those forums.

If we want to segregate the dormants, the fence watchers and the actives, may be the sysadmin can do some housekeeping on the accounts.

After all this is a interest group forum, some like to read, some like to contribute and some like to participate. Think we should accept that as a fact of life.

Meetups... I personally perhaps a theme or an objective or an event at meetups will probably draw more people in but then we are all volunteers and there's only so much each of us can do...

hahaha.. pot luck at meetups and makan at the carpark ?

If only we have damlier benz backing or C&C backing, I think the response will be different.

well put :thumbsup:

Guest angela

sy69u ]

don' wrote:

i agree, i travel on weekdays and be the driver on weekends, this is the only time i have for family and they have other agenda

bro, family comes 1st lah.....................

oh yes, well said bro :punk1:

Guest hwong

For me, time being with family or tiredness after work is probably why the feeling of not meeting the group for certain activities.

However, I look forward to plan to join the gatherings and activities like the mini-meet, golf driving range and badminton.

Anyway, hope to meet up with you guys tomorrow.

I newbie to SGMERC.

Cheers and see y'all.

Just a suggestion, mini meet up for kopi and tcss, is really a good way to destress after a long day or week in your office :yawn: , give it a try guys :thumbsup:.

Guest fruitcakepablohoney

I fully agree with kompressor. Anything is possible, it's a matter of how you 'arrange your timing'.

On our monthly meetup, i see members bring their wifes, babies, kidz, grandma, grandpa, maids, dogs, cats, talking parrots , brothers, sisters, cousins , nephews & nieces etc etc etc

Guest angela

I fully agree with kompressor. Anything is possible, it's a matter of how you 'arrange your timing'.

On our monthly meetup, i see members bring their wifes, babies, kidz, grandma, grandpa, maids, dogs, cats, talking parrots , brothers, sisters, cousins , nephews & nieces etc etc etc

who's the one with the talking parrots? interesting...can have parrot gathering as well.

Guest fruitcakepablohoney

loctorng ]

I fully agree with kompressor. Anything is possible, it' wrote:

who's the one with the talking parrots? interesting...can have parrot gathering as well.

Lah...this is the parrot that i bring down on every meetup. Careful thou...cos polly's got a foul mouth! ;D

_DSC2982.jpg

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately, circumstances forbid me join joing you guys for the October meet up. I will definitely be going for the next one. I don't have a car can anot. Just go and have conversations. ;D

• 1 month later...