• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Any idea why we have 1000 sign up but only the few meetup?

Guest angela

Collect member fee might be good in controlling some just register for fun, but this will stop some potential active member to join before they can find out how fun is this place...Fish and Paw ???

Guest redhood

I think it depends on the activities... meetup just for meetup might not attract some people. If it is a trip, or a training, or something special, maybe more people will try and make the time.

Some pp oso scared kena poison.

Guest angela

don't have the option in the poll.

i work shifts, and night times aren't good for me.

and if on weekends, that's quite exclusive for family :pray:

i agree, i travel on weekdays and be the driver on weekends, this is the only time i have for family and they have other agenda

Guest sy69u

Collect member fee might be good in controlling some just register for fun, but this will stop some potential active member to join before they can find out how fun is this place...Fish and Paw ???

well, honestly, in my opinion, if u can drive a merc or just drive any marque car, u should be able to afford S$10 or maybe S$20 to join. if they really enjoy the company, activities, networking etc etc, from the forum, they would not mind paying. hell!!! i'm enjoying it that i dont mind paying S$20.50 to join.

Guest sy69u

don't have the option in the poll.

i work shifts, and night times aren't good for me.

and if on weekends, that's quite exclusive for family :pray:

don't bluff lah..............

we r still waiting for the dog's owner photograph. hehehehehehehehe

btw, really long time no see u mah. we also got day time meet-up u know. minimum 5 cars lei. night time meet-up, minimum 10 cars. pm us ur phone number & as & when we intend to meet-up, we will sms u before hand.

Guest sy69u

have to work on weekends.

unless meetup is at MBC ;D

hahahahahaha. we have done 2 mini meet-up at MBC recently but unfortunately u were not around. sorry bro. we will call u next time.

Guest sy69u

I think it depends on the activities... meetup just for meetup might not attract some people. If it is a trip, or a training, or something special, maybe more people will try and make the time.

we already have so many activities. for the last 3 months we have done malacca, mersing, pg, penang, lim kopi, durian fest, mobil 1 virtual challenge, badminton, golf, night drives, etc etc. but its the same same people attending. think the forum only got 20 active members. the rest ............................... don't know wat to say. think the committee members in this forum will take any suggestions from anybody who have any ideas for something special.

also, we promise we won't poison. we only lick..... hehehehehehe

btw, have we ever met?????

Guest sy69u

loctorng ]

don' wrote:

i agree, i travel on weekdays and be the driver on weekends, this is the only time i have for family and they have other agenda

bro, family comes 1st lah.....................

Guest funng

Personally, i feel can we really classify members in the forum as members? forum is a place where anyone can come(merc owner/passion or not), register and take a look at the posts and after that, may not ever come back again.

To be honest, i have done so at many other forums, eg. bmw.sg, vagsg.com , mycarforum just to see what its like and have never been back again. :D

I really thank the effort of bro kompressor and the comm for having so many activities. I understand the feeling of organising something but ending with poor turnout. but i suppose sometimes other priorities, i.e. family, significant other, work or even some last minute urgent matter just has to take the place of a prospective meetup. on a very personal note, the trips sometimes looks very very interesting(buka trips, durian, malacca drive), but for myself, having to go alone, feels abit lonely la. hahaha. anyone can recommend a potiential friend? 20 to 22yrs old? hahaha. >:D

Should we consider those with sgmerc decal as members? add in above priorities/time factor, maybe thats why. i would love to go for meetup, i really enjoy the way how everyone was so friendly when i went for my first meetup last month. I really respect the expertise and experience of the members, one meetup and i have learnt and saw alot. but sunday just happens to be family day, have to find some chance when no family day, i guarantee first thing i will do is go for meetup. I enjoy seeing the decal in my rear view mirror, because i know if one day by any chance, i get stuck on the side of the road, any bro passing by, see the decal might maybe stop and assist me.

Can we also consider percentage as well, vagsg has 6257 members on forum, they may have a 100-150 car turnout(about 2%). bmw.sg has 12,172 members, but their turnout percentage is probably lower than 2%. sgmerc has 1000, 20 turn up(also about 2%).

Thus presuming as sgmerc grows, there will be a larger turnout?

I really am not out to offend any of the brothers here. I understand I maybe be of a younger age and might have said something wrong in my post, thus i apologise beforehand if any brothers feel that way.

Cheers and to many more years to SGMerc. :rockon:

Guest speckie1

sy69u ]

don' wrote:

don't bluff lah..............

we r still waiting for the dog's owner photograph. hehehehehehehehe

btw, really long time no see u mah. we also got day time meet-up u know. minimum 5 cars lei. night time meet-up, minimum 10 cars. pm us ur phone number & as & when we intend to meet-up, we will sms u before hand.

forget about the dog owner lah. we've not been in touch for a long time, and she seems to have fallen off the face of the earth. heh..

eh, really lah, i work 3am to about 2pm, then i go and sleep in the afternoon before waking up at 6pm to go pick up my CO, and then have dinner together, and then reach home, which is about 8 plus. do some forum surfing, clear some email and then into bed by 11pm, before waking up at 2am for work again.

You don't see me for long time? My CO lagi worse right? Only see me for dinner time. That's why when come to weekends, I do give her priority for her plans. :'(

Guest redhood

we already have so many activities. for the last 3 months we have done malacca, mersing, pg, penang, lim kopi, durian fest, mobil 1 virtual challenge, badminton, golf, night drives, etc etc. but its the same same people attending. think the forum only got 20 active members. the rest ............................... don't know wat to say. think the committee members in this forum will take any suggestions from anybody who have any ideas for something special.

also, we promise we won't poison. we only lick..... hehehehehehe

btw, have we ever met?????

nope, I haven't been to any meetup so far and have only met a few of you at the Merc Driving Exp, and others privately. Like you say, there are already quite a few activities going on, so for sure, we'll meet at one of these sometime soon.

Guest sy69u

Bro, i will try to answer your questions. reply in red.

Personally, i feel can we really classify members in the forum as members? forum is a place where anyone can come(merc owner/passion or not), register and take a look at the posts and after that, may not ever come back again.

To be honest, i have done so at many other forums, eg. bmw.sg, vagsg.com , mycarforum just to see what its like and have never been back again. :D

I really thank the effort of bro kompressor and the comm for having so many activities. I understand the feeling of organising something but ending with poor turnout. but i suppose sometimes other priorities, i.e. family, significant other, work or even some last minute urgent matter just has to take the place of a prospective meetup. that is why the committee normally set the activities dates more then 1 month in advance. so tat we can decide if we would make it. on a very personal note, the trips sometimes looks very very interesting(buka trips, durian, malacca drive), but for myself, having to go alone, feels abit lonely la. hahaha. anyone can recommend a potiential friend? 20 to 22yrs old? hahaha. >:Dbro, if u join us very often, u don't have to be lonely, the forum is fill with smm. other members will intro 20 - 22yrs old to u. should not be a problem. hahahahahahahaha. anyway, most of us are below 25yrs old. hehehehehehehe

Should we consider those with sgmerc decal as members? add in above priorities/time factor, maybe thats why. i would love to go for meetup, i really enjoy the way how everyone was so friendly when i went for my first meetup last month. I really respect the expertise and experience of the members, one meetup and i have learnt and saw alot. that is only the tip of the iceberg. they are even more friendlier once u get to know them better. alot of WTG but sunday just happens to be family day, have to find some chance when no family day, i guarantee first thing i will do is go for meetup. bro, bring ur family down. we have other members who bring their wives, husband, girlfriends, boyfriends, fathers, mothers, sisters, brothers, nephews, nieces etc... i kid u not. I enjoy seeing the decal in my rear view mirror, because i know if one day by any chance, i get stuck on the side of the road, any bro passing by, see the decal might maybe stop and assist me. bro, active members are only a call away if u were to get into trouble (depending which kind of trouble. hehehehehehehehe)

Can we also consider percentage as well, vagsg has 6257 members on forum, they may have a 100-150 car turnout(about 2%). bmw.sg has 12,172 members, but their turnout percentage is probably lower than 2%. sgmerc has 1000, 20 turn up(also about 2%).

Thus presuming as sgmerc grows, there will be a larger turnout?

I really am not out to offend any of the brothers here. I understand I maybe be of a younger age we are all young here hor and might have said something wrong in my post, thus i apologise beforehand if any brothers feel that way. wat u have said is all so true. dont think anybody will be offended, no worries. this forum is not a restricted forum. we are all here to learn & share, especially our views

Cheers and to many more years to SGMerc. :rockon:

Guest sy69u

speckie1 ]

sy69u ]

don' wrote:

don' wrote:

forget about the dog owner lah. we've not been in touch for a long time, and she seems to have fallen off the face of the earth. heh..

eh, really lah, i work 3am to about 2pm, then i go and sleep in the afternoon before waking up at 6pm to go pick up my CO, and then have dinner together, and then reach home, which is about 8 plus. do some forum surfing, clear some email and then into bed by 11pm, before waking up at 2am for work again.

You don't see me for long time? My CO lagi worse right? Only see me for dinner time. That's why when come to weekends, I do give her priority for her plans. :'(

hahahahaha. bcoz u didnt help her to find a new owner for her dog, thats why. hehehehehehehehehe. we understand lah bro, not to worry. we will meet again soon.

Guest sy69u

redhood ]

we already have so many activities. for the last 3 months we have done malacca, mersing, pg, penang, lim kopi, durian fest, mobil 1 virtual challenge, badminton, golf, night drives, etc etc. but its the same same people attending. think the forum only got 20 active members. the rest ............................... don' wrote:

nope, I haven't been to any meetup so far and have only met a few of you at the Merc Driving Exp, and others privately. Like you say, there are already quite a few activities going on, so for sure, we'll meet at one of these sometime soon.

oh good. hope to meet up with u soon too. cheers.

Guest jenvid

sy69u ]

unless meetup is at MBC wrote:

hahahahahaha. we have done 2 mini meet-up at MBC recently but unfortunately u were not around. sorry bro. we will call u next time.

Better control sy69u, he will soon become the boss of the MBC Cafe liao.... last heard asking C&C SEs & CSAs what drink u want ? I buy.... wakakakaka

Frankly speaking I think C&C folks are taking notice...

Guest sy69u

Jenvid ]

unless meetup is at MBC wrote:

Better control sy69u, he will soon become the boss of the MBC Cafe liao.... last heard asking C&C SEs & CSAs what drink u want ? I buy.... wakakakaka

Frankly speaking I think C&C folks are taking notice...

hahahahahaha. why cannot? i got share there mah. & so does 100,000 other people. hehehehehehehehe..............

Guest jenvid

alamak bros...why like that..curiosity kills the cat...

I think in general, most pple sign up out of curiosity. Some like to watch from a distance and be updated on Merc info in the SG arena.

My office colleague is one such example. Bought himself a new C class, nearly stalked me, probly reading this post too, got the tip for Car polish and sign himself a package for himself. No meetup for him.

I think by and large most of the members will be dormant members. They probably came & look see look see and thereafter watch from the side.

Car forums in SG is still new, prestigious brand cars will always have their own skeptics.

I myself is a member of numerous car forums round the world. Close to zero contris from me in those forums.

If we want to segregate the dormants, the fence watchers and the actives, may be the sysadmin can do some housekeeping on the accounts.

After all this is a interest group forum, some like to read, some like to contribute and some like to participate. Think we should accept that as a fact of life.

Meetups... I personally think perhaps a theme or an objective or an event at meetups will probably draw more people in but then we are all volunteers and there's only so much each of us can do...

hahaha.. pot luck at meetups and makan at the carpark ?

If only we have daimler benz backing or C&C backing, I think the response will be different.