• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Bad scratch on bottom side bumper, help!

Can try our site sponsors, Beacon Enterprise, Elite Image Detailing, and Detail Mania.

I just had a scratch on my front passenger door, had to send for respray.

I think it's the left side skirt!

"On the left side bottom side bumper"

"BRO, YOU HIT MY REAR, PLASTIC FROM YOUR LIGHTS FLEW OUT AND SCRATCHED MY SIDE SKIRT TOO. I WANNA CLAIM REPAIR AGAINST YOUR INSURANCE."

This is despeakable.....LOL....

Spoon feeding teaches you nothing....but the shape of the spoon...

Hauts. This may not be relevant. Run your fingers across the scratches (not along the scratches). Do they feel like deep scratches? Wonder if they are just paint transfers. If they are paint transfers, try using your all in one wax and a foam type Applicator pad to remove it. Should do the trick. Just my 2 cents. James.

• Like 1
Love my family (especially Mom, Wife and Son), VW GOLF R MK6 5-Dr 2011 White & C&C Mercedes-Benz (W212) Moon Roof 2011 E-Class 250 Silver Stock Turbo<p>My ride's pictures here: http://www.sgmerc.com/gallery/album/118-june-2013-detailing-day/

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's the left side skirt!

"On the left side bottom side bumper"

Hahah yes, the left side skirt, sorry, was in a bit of a panic when I saw the scratch  :/

I've been having the worst of luck to my car recently. Finding scratches here and there.

Hauts. This may not be relevant. Run your fingers across the scratches (not along the scratches). Do they feel like deep scratches? Wonder if they are just paint transfers. If they are paint transfers, try using your all in one wax and a foam type Applicator pad to remove it. Should do the trick. Just my 2 cents. James.

I did that and it was pretty deep, I went over to 2277 to get it resprayed, looks brand new!

I agree. MB paint is thicker than most (I think). A lot of times it's paint transfer.

Mine has a patch of paint scratches till can see the black primer coat on the passenger door and a dent at the left aft side of car.

All kena by stupid owners who don't know how to open their doors.

But we can't do anything to them

Victoria Concordia Crescit

Translation: Victory grows out of harmony.

Mine has a patch of paint scratches till can see the black primer coat on the passenger door and a dent at the left aft side of car.

All kena by stupid owners who don't know how to open their doors.

But we can't do anything to them

yes Bro. Very careless, inconsiderate or Jealous people; not sure Which. For jealous ones, any make of cars are at risk. Especially Nice and shiny ones are more prone I guess. I would normally Park one corner if i can help it. Minimize exposure to any of the above group of people.

Love my family (especially Mom, Wife and Son), VW GOLF R MK6 5-Dr 2011 White & C&C Mercedes-Benz (W212) Moon Roof 2011 E-Class 250 Silver Stock Turbo<p>My ride's pictures here: http://www.sgmerc.com/gallery/album/118-june-2013-detailing-day/

• 2 months later...

Have one small scratch till can see the base metal. Will this exposed part rust? What will be the solution (except sending the whole door for re-spray job).

Go C&C Pandan Loop service center to get a free bottle of touch up paint. Then either touch it up yourself or bring to your regular groomer if you've got one for them to touch it up for you. This considering based on your photo that the scratch isn't very big.

Thanks guys. Mark, you mean it's actually "free" from c&c pandan?

Yup, it was free 6 months ago when I went to get it. Go to the cashier counter and tell them your paint colour.

Got 'free' for M'sia car wahahaha

IIRC, they didn't ask for my VRN. I even took two additional different colours, help friend to take. It's a small bottle, similar to those nail polish bottles.

Just called them, bottle of Touch up paint now costs $10. From free to $10. 6-months later $20?...

$10 is before gst hahahaha. i got mine at c&c alexandra when i went for my 1st servicing.$10.70. haha. colour dont really match cos no lacquer. small stone chips can use. but if big scratch, i wouldnt suggest.

my gf was saying car's touch up paint cost more than her nail polish.