• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W209 Smashed!

Guest desmondsee

Guest desmondsee

An alert to drivers too...

My passenger side glass panels were smashed whilst i was having a game of tennis at Kallang Tennis centre. It happended at between 815pm and 915pm. My cash card, coins, sunglasses were all present, what went missing was a crumpy old plastic bag but 2 new pairs of jeans that i just collected after aleration. Man , they really know wat to take! I mean take my cash card coins and stuff la...y must take my jeans le!! i need them ok!!

anyway, it's not only the hassle of replacing the glass, the solar film, police report, insurance claims etc..it's how unsafe it is today. I was at the police post (the next day) and in came 2 air officers reporting that their vehicle was broken into and the laptop bag went missing.

Drivers beware ... C&C said that the job was done by some professional or experienced crooks..i think they will continue to strike since they are never caught, and probably think they never will; which to a certain extent is true if nothing proactive is done.

Perhaps alot more could be done to stop such crimes including car vandalism other than captial investment in infrastructure that focus on offences such as speeding, parking, erp or similar type offences that impose a monetary fine.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CBlack

Hi Blueice, sorry to hear your encounter and thank you for sharing it with us. My brother-in-car also got broken into recently and lap top taken from the car. Damm... these crooks must be apprehended soon :2guns:

Guest Archer

Sorry to hear abt that. I can only imagine how horrible u must hv felt! I suppose with the current escalation in price of commodities, every basic need in our lives are affected. I'll be more careful where i park my car now and what I leave lying openly on the seat.

Guest desmondsee

no problem and thanks for the ....condolences ;)

anyway i just realised merc got no loud loud alarm...quite pai seh when i was at C&C and asked how come no sound ...keke...

well, hope this little note will help u bro and sis out there to avoid similar situations.

Guest redhood

anyway i just realised merc got no loud loud alarm...quite pai seh when i was at C&C and asked how come no sound ...keke...

well, hope this little note will help u bro and sis out there to avoid similar situations.

sorry to hear... hope you get back to merc driving soon! how much is C&C charging you? are you claiming insurance?

Guest desmondsee

just to ans the bro on the insurance question:

no effect on NCB as the claims under the windscreen class damage

bodyworks are however not covered under this class and will affect NCB

personal effects i did not claim (although it did cost me quite a bit) as this will affect NCB.

the cost will be billed directly by C&C to insurance comp. so not very sure of the dollar amount. i do have to place an order for the upper seal moulding surrounding the glass panels. that will cost me about 280$ exl labour.

hope that helps

Guest jenvid

Oh dear... my condolences... keke..

Anyway, Merc got Anti Theft alarm with interior sensing but at a cost $3k+ no one will want it. Only custom order I think.