• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Cigars

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sy69u

bro, u dont have to be a smoker to smoke a cigar. 'smoking' cigar is only sucking the lighted cigar but u dont inhale like cigarette. so its very safe. smokers like us will normally inhale a bit but its damn thick & rough. they are many basic stuffs to remember when smoking a cigar. tell u wat, u buy a couple of cigars & bring it during our next meeting & i will explain to u further. remember, only the cigar, dont need to buy the cutter, cigar lighter etc etc....

Guest fruitcakepablohoney

Monte Cristo No. 2 Belicoso - smooth and creamy to the draw, a good dark batch will certainly bring a stronger woodier and nuttier taste to the palate. otherwise medium in flavor and easy even for beginners. Easy to smoke beocs of its piramides shape, the Monte 2 will give about 70mins of pleasure if you do it right.

Hoyo Do Monterey Epicure No. 2 - a robusto in size, the epicure is definitely the nicest smelling non vintage, non edicion limitada cigar money can buy. the fragrance overwhelmes its flavor and one can be contented just smelling it without smoking. Other, an excellent draw with a hint of chocolaty vanilla taste.

PArtagas Serie D No. 4 - another robusto size favourite of mine. The serie D always comes with very dark and oily wrappers, smooth to the feel. presenting a stronger deeper and sometimes slightly bitter flavor, the Serie D is good to the last draw even without a drink in hand.

Next time I'll give some reviews on some of the top notch Edicion Limitadas which I have smoked. ;D

Guest sy69u

fruitcakepablohoney ]

Monte Cristo No. 2 Belicoso - smooth and creamy to the draw, a good dark batch will certainly bring a stronger woodier and nuttier taste to the palate. otherwise medium in flavor and easy even for beginners. Easy to smoke beocs of its piramides shape, the Monte 2 will give about 70mins of pleasure if you do it right.

Hoyo Do Monterey Epicure No. 2 - a robusto in size, the epicure is definitely the nicest smelling non vintage, non edicion limitada cigar money can buy. the fragrance overwhelmes its flavor and one can be contented just smelling it without smoking. Other, an excellent draw with a hint of chocolaty vanilla taste.

PArtagas Serie D No. 4 - another robusto size favourite of mine. The serie D always comes with very dark and oily wrappers, smooth to the feel. presenting a stronger deeper and sometimes slightly bitter flavor, the Serie D is good to the last draw even without a drink in hand.

Next time I' wrote:

;D

tried the monte cristo's & edicion series but i suggest u dont buy those yet. unless ur wife just gave birth to a boy.. hehehehehhehe. all those only if we r in a cool place with nice ambience.... then can appreciate it more. like i said. get the cheaper ones 1st. can cost from S$10.00 till over S$150.00 each. ritz carlton lounge has a wide & fine variety of cigars on sale. dont know if they still got it as no smoking in lounges now. been ages since i smoked one.

There is this nice place at one corner of River side mall( I think so) that got outdoor,cosy and nice ambience that can have wine and cigars overlooking the sg river and clark quay.....

Guest jenvid

There is this nice place at one corner of River side mall( I think so) that got outdoor,cosy and nice ambience that can have wine and cigars overlooking the sg river and clark quay.....

Or Concorde Hotel(KL), cigar, wine & looking at Hard rock Cafe.... :laugh: :laugh:

Guest fruitcakepablohoney

Hmm...beginners may want to try the slightly milder dominican republic cigars which are also slightly cheaper. about $12 to $20 each depending on size and brand.

Just read some site comparing Cubans to Dominican Republics. The most PC answer which they kept repeating was it's all in the tastebuds as the tobacco grown in Cuba tends to be "stronger" in flavour ? Alot like wine/whisky etc.. depending on whether you like the style - well at least that's the vibe I'm getting.

• 2 weeks later...