• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Fuel Consumption after install Kleemann K-Box

Guest morganoh

• 2 weeks later...
Guest morganoh

Initially I thought that after installing the Kleemann K-box, the fuel consumption will be increase.

but to my surprise, not only did it not increase, it decreases.

I did not always rev the engine to 4-5000rpm, I just drive normally.

The Gear still change at around 3000rpm but now its much faster with the K-box.

and so I did a search on the web.

I always thought that I would save fuel if I on the accelerator lightly/slowly and can car takes a longer time to reach around cruising speed.

But the article states that more fuel will be save if u reach your cruising speed earlier.

So I guess with the K-box, crusing speed is reach faster and earlier and therefore more fuel is save.

Leave the FC, Change the car......

Actually, if want to mod, than forget about the FC, is very diff to balance both.

"Want your horse to run fast, But dont wish she eat more" ??? ???

Gain hp, less FC , whoever can do this....he is a zillionaire liao.

Guest morganoh

good to hear tat. at least u dont regret putting it in. have a great ride.........

yes I'm very happy with the set up now.

I just drove from Yishun to Bishan. and uses the cruise control at 80km/hr, the meter is reading 7.4L/100km

(meaning the car at that cruise speed uses 7.4L of petrol if I continue to travel at the same configuration for 100km

This is a fig which I had never seen, the lowest for me was 8.3L/100km.

So ;D ;D ;D