• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Fuel Consumption after install Kleemann K-Box

Guest morganoh

Guest davlim

Very smooth with no stress that your rpm reaches 8000 or red in just a few sec....

:punk1:

Hi 9339,

is this so called uni chip? what is all this about? sorry I'm lay man to this, some say K Box? some say Header? are they the same?

Guest sy69u

Very smooth with no stress that your rpm reaches 8000 or red in just a few sec....

Hi 9339,

is this so called uni chip? what is all this about? sorry I'm lay man to this, some say K Box? some say Header? are they the same?

k-box pulley is not the same as header. i can only explain using layman term. sorry hor. no go to big school.

k-box is connected to the IC which over-rides the existing horsepower (something like tat). horsepower gain will be about 20 - 30% more. the pulley replaces your existing pulley. it has a bigger wheel, thus easier & have more power to run (something like tat also).

header is connected from the engine block to the exhaust. our normal header is out from the engine block into a 4 'tubes' into a single 'tube' to the exhaust. the after market header is, out from the engine block into 4 'tubes', into 2 'tubes', into a single tubes to the exhaust.

hope u can understand & hope i'm correct in layman terms.

Guest kepiting1sg

Can any one please advice me hows the fuel consumption after installing the Kleemann K-box?

thanks

more power comes with more responsibilities, er i mean more fuel. but then, with the extra power u get. fuel consumption will not be your priority.

There's no change in fuel consumption unless U want the K-Box to work for you.

sy69u is right about more fuel with more power.

There's also some loss in low end torque below 3000 rpm....hehehe...No free lunch!

The surge in torque & power cums around 3200 rpm and rushes very quickly to the red-line.

The only time when I noticed significant FC dropped was when I replaced my W203 stock SC with the C230 SC c/w K-Box & Pulley Kit

I could go as low as 5.9 L/100km @ stock even with the K-Box but only at best @ 6.5 L/100km with the C230 SC no matter how light the foot was.

If we are going to do perf. mod...I guess FC will not be a priority anymore.

Guest kepiting1sg

See my size only you will know i am heavy foot, did only 420++ for me...

Which foot heavy footed?

I hope it's not your center foot....wahahahaha! :censored:

Guest davlim

sy69u ]

Hi 9339,

is this so called uni chip? what is all this about? sorry I' wrote:

k-box pulley is not the same as header. i can only explain using layman term. sorry hor. no go to big school.

k-box is connected to the IC which over-rides the existing horsepower (something like tat). horsepower gain will be about 20 - 30% more. the pulley replaces your existing pulley. it has a bigger wheel, thus easier & have more power to run (something like tat also).

header is connected from the engine block to the exhaust. our normal header is out from the engine block into a 4 'tubes' into a single 'tube' to the exhaust. the after market header is, out from the engine block into 4 'tubes', into 2 'tubes', into a single tubes to the exhaust.

hope u can understand & hope i'm correct in layman terms.

many thks, now i understand lo............still thinking about installing the K Box.

Guest morganoh

Yes, go ahead and install it..... :clap:

I think i will change my mind about installing the K-box.

Due to me not willing to spend more money on petrol.

So after the C63 exhaust, my next project will be the header + high flow cat. and that completes my mod for the car.

Thanks for so many info given by all the members here.

thanks again.

bro can test drive ur car with k box?

Of cos can, but.......

Join us as a active member first hee.....

Guest davlim

Of cos can, but.......

can I sit........In..........? ;D

Of cos can, but.......

can I sit........In..........? ;D

Can, of cos can but....you know?

Guest sy69u

Not only the car, the driver must have LP too

ya,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, hahahahahahaha. imagine u own a porsche but only drive 100km at NSH. sounds familiar............. hahahahahahaha