• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Robbers with Axe and Knife on bikes NEARLY killed me and took my car...

Guest fruitcakepablohoney

Guest fruitcakepablohoney

(This just happen to my CTR friend!!!)

Went up to Genting on tuesday night wednesday morning...

While pumping at the shell petrol station further away from the KL toll around 2am. 4 robbers on 2 motorbikes stike me and the kiosk. 2 with axe and kinfe came up to me grabbed me out of the car when I was about to leave. One was smashing the petrol Kiosk's glass door.

My first reaction was to retaliated but was over powered. They managed to pulled me out of the car before I could start the car. One hit me and pulled me around my car like a clown, grabbed my watch, necklace, diamond ring and reached for my pockets for monies and handphone. The other quickly went into my car and tried to drove it away... I can see blood around the interior of my car. The one inside my car is bleeding profusely from his fingers. Probably from the intial struggle. The one with axe said Mau Mati Ah, Mau Mati Ah!!! Why Ta Bu Lei START???? I Said Bulei BuLei. I realised that they don't know must step clutch them can start... I falsely hinted that the police might be coming due to the anti thief immoblizer, at the same time I said Tolong Tolong...

By this time the other one in the kiosks already took out the cash register..shouting to the others to prepare run. The one pulling me around shouted at the one driving, - Chia pat . Chia pat!!! Cha'bou Cha'bou...

That made me relieved...True enough within a while they got up to the bike and point at me with the knife.

After they left, they kiosk attendent called the police... I just don't want to linger around there as the police come they also can't recover my loses and would only waste more of my time there.. So I headed up Genting as I have put money and another handphone in seperate compartment in the car.

Lesson Learnt :-

1. Never pump petrol away from major public petrol station.

2. Never leave your driver's window down.

3. Never stay too long at a petrol station.

4. Never be alone

5. Never bypass your engine start button.

6. Never put all handphone, monies, travel documents visible and together at one place.

A near death experience of a lifetime.

Ps*** If I bypass the car's clutchin Start button, I would have said bye bye to My CTR.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Raskie

farkin' shxt ....

it's a real pity becos Malaysia has so much to offer for her neighbours both south and north ...

if they clean up their security, imagine the tourism potential they cld reap from SG alone ...

Guest redhood

Agree with Raskie. Before '98, I really loved driving in Malaysia, especially the east coast. In fact, I even spent two weeks driving around Malaysia from Melaka to Trengganu to Kuantan and back. Lovely...

Sigh, now I probably will not go without a 20-car convoy with police outriders.

i heard that normally crimes are not committed by locals, but by those illegal immigrants from elsewhere. they have no IDs and so difficult to track and catch them.

i feel sorry for your fren, fruitcake. but relieved at the same time cos money can earn back most important is safety.

so thats y i never go malaysia alone.... sigh.

btw, whats CTR? :offtopic: :death:

Guest morganoh

sO Scary , I'm thinking of driving to Sepang track end of the mth.

Now got to think again, cos the mercedes would definitely be much more eye catching and dangerous

Guest Raskie

I guess unless you really have reasons to be there .. try to avoid going in simply becos you want to pump cheap petrol at 3am in the morning at some deserted kiosk and the causeway is clear !

I rather be queuing up in some busy petrol kiosk or along some busy roads at noon or with a bunch of friends and several other cars ... perhaps safety in numbers ?

Since my Merc, my runs in NS dropped to zero !!! Dun want to get into any situation where life is at stake over a car. When you read horror stories wat those people can/will do.

I dun agree when pple said it's not the M'sian but illegals .. but I mean why is the M'sian govt/TP not doing something more ? It's their countries and they allow pple to ruin their image and safety for their own pple ? Strange ...

Guest sy69u

I guess unless you really have reasons to be there .. try to avoid going in simply becos you want to pump cheap petrol at 3am in the morning at some deserted kiosk and the causeway is clear !

I rather be queuing up in some busy petrol kiosk or along some busy roads at noon or with a bunch of friends and several other cars ... perhaps safety in numbers ?

Since my Merc, my runs in NS dropped to zero !!! Dun want to get into any situation where life is at stake over a car. When you read horror stories wat those people can/will do.

I dun agree when pple said it's not the M'sian but illegals .. but I mean why is the M'sian govt/TP not doing something more ? It's their countries and they allow pple to ruin their image and safety for their own pple ? Strange ...

hahahahahahaha................... malaysia boleh mah.