• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Paint protector process.

Guest Luck

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depend what colour is your baby and the habits of you maintaining your baby.

Check it out on the tread of-

SGMERC Bodycare

Congrats of collecting your baby....nervous now?

Congrats on your new ride! Here's to many more years of motoring enjoyment

Just came across this product - it forms a silicate layer on your paintwork and is known as GlassPlexin. Not sure how this stacks up with products like Nanoguard though. See paintprotection.com.au website for more details.

The reason why there are many Australian links is because their weather is one of the harshest in the world. 35-40 deg summer heat, UV damage, winter, hail are all very damaging so I think they are developed to try and withstand these conditions

http://www.paintprotection.com.au

http://www.colourshield.com

bro 9339.. cmfirm nervous lah...

Black c200k w204. i am terrible at keeping car clean... quite bo chup person. can tell from my previous cars. hee

thanks bro g8crasher for the info.

A pal of mine recommend me to SHINEWERKZ, 5 sessions for $450..

whts ur view ?

Guest sy69u

congratz on ur new ride. according to some people in mercedes benz, the car already comes with a layer of protection. so dont do anything yet maybe until a year or so. mine is also black but i cant tahan, so actually started wax treatment after 3 months. didnt do any paint protector process becoz tot tat merc paint is already treated.

but then again, it would be good to apply the paint protector. should hav done it actually. wonder if its too late to do it now.

Guest jenvid

congratz on ur new ride. according to some people in mercedes benz, the car already comes with a layer of protection. so dont do anything yet maybe until a year or so. mine is also black but i cant tahan, so actually started wax treatment after 3 months. didnt do any paint protector process becoz tot tat merc paint is already treated.

but then again, it would be good to apply the paint protector. should hav done it actually. wonder if its too late to do it now.

All new merc comes with a ceramic based clear coat which is extremely resistance to fine scratches ala swirl marks cause by manual wash as they do not wash the car from top to bottom in that direction.

There are 2 school of thots for paint protection. One is to layer it up with carnuaba wax, smthg like 8 coats (will cause u arm & leg) or the other is to layer it up with synthetic wax ala mirage, nano, Zaino. ask Kompressor hehe

Only natural wax can be layered up sufficiently thick to really really protect the paintwork. But that is expensive & painstaking because u need to wax, sun the car, wax, sun the car...ask batam cheem. hehe

Well the choice is really up to you.

A pt to note though, i yet to know of any workshp capable of doing ceramic clear coat except C&C's spray booth at pandan loop. Will cost you the whole body... Reason being if dust does settle on the clear coat while drying, it is very difficult to polish the dirt off....

Guest sy69u

Black c200k w204. i am terrible at keeping car clean... quite bo chup person. can tell from my previous cars. hee

whts ur view ?

Bro, if you really really bo chup person but fussy with your car paint work. I suggest you go for Zaino, it is a bit expensive but the finish is unbelieveable.

Don't waste money on those packages, the product they use don't work one la.

just tried something like tat from chandra (also recommended by bro kompressor). now waiting for 1 month to see the results. so far so good.

Guest jenvid

sy69u ]

whts ur view ?

Bro, if you really really bo chup person but fussy with your car paint work. I suggest you go for Zaino, it is a bit expensive but the finish is unbelieveable.

Don' wrote:

just tried something like tat from chandra (also recommended by bro kompressor). now waiting for 1 month to see the results. so far so good.

Bro, if u did the ZFX it will last u 3 mths easily.

Poison comes when u get addicted...

Carnauba from Swiss Wax also ultra poison @ Sam's place. Again arm, leg + body also not enough.

Guest Raskie

if no wan invest arm power, then no help invest pocket (ah, dun read too far down the pocket hor) power lo .. meaning sign-up some grooming packages and enjoy the shine/protection yearly ..

even signing up grooming packages also need the occasional wash to keep the dust/dirt in-between the sessions...

quit alot of groomers these days ... i saw one from the VolvoSG thread .. their work seem to be quite good .. and they come to your place ...

Guest kepiting1sg

Jenvid ]

Don' wrote:

Bro, if u did the ZFX it will last u 3 mths easily.

Poison comes when u get addicted...

Carnauba from Swiss Wax also ultra poison @ Sam's place. Again arm, leg + body also not enough.

The last 7 years I have gone to both places and still going to 1 as my package still has 4 more sessions to go.

I have not lost arms, legs + body but fractured everywhere and walk side way like a crab that's why my nick Batam Cheem. :death:

IMHO both Chandra & Sam are good! :thumbsup:

KNN! Sounding like a politician....wakakakak :bboyspin: :bboyspin: :bboyspin:

Guest jenvid

The last 7 years I have gone to both places and still going to 1 as my package still has 4 more sessions to go.

I have not lost arms, legs + body but fractured everywhere and walk side way like a crab that's why my nick Batam Cheem. :death:

Hahahaha... but your pocket runs deep mah... plus your recent killing by selling your speakers to the US bloke.... pple like us wld be selling our souls man.... hahhahahahahahahahahahaha :punk1: :bboyspin: