• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Merc CD Changer

Guest dash

just sent in and repaired my CD magazine (one of the cds stuck, jammed the cd changer) in C&C at $320. :( :angry3: :death:

sent to those ICE shops outside they couldn't help. Cartoon in NG suggest that i bring back to C&C and thats eventually what i did.

anyway, when its done the servicing guy from C&C says that i cannot play CDs that are ripped from computer...saying that the 'quality and weight'

of those blank CD will cause the CD magazine to jam... :dblfk: can only play original CDs! :snglfk:

how can that be? I was reasoning with him and he just said that all merc are like that! :dblfk: :censored:

did any of u guys encounter such explaination before?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jenvid

wakao... there is a new bull in town...

Your CD changer is the same as C35 and mine which we are loading it in with CDR full of MP3s...

BTW we are using the becker CD Changer lor...

Your modded poison lowered spring too firm lah.... ;D ;D ;D

There aint enough damping thus the shocks are transmitting to the changer lor... :death: :yumyum: :yumyum:

I have solution to this.....

1st-

Add 4 spring and absorber on the changer to reduce the bounce... :tazzie:

2nd-

Change the CD changer or the car..... :yumyum:

Guest angela

just sent in and repaired my CD magazine (one of the cds stuck, jammed the cd changer) in C&C at $320. :( :angry3: :death:

sent to those ICE shops outside they couldn't help. Cartoon in NG suggest that i bring back to C&C and thats eventually what i did.

anyway, when its done the servicing guy from C&C says that i cannot play CDs that are ripped from computer...saying that the 'quality and weight'

of those blank CD will cause the CD magazine to jam... :dblfk: can only play original CDs! :snglfk:

how can that be? I was reasoning with him and he just said that all merc are like that! :dblfk: :censored:

did any of u guys encounter such explaination before?

i only encountered this problem with the single cd changer... press the eject button it doesnt come out... my trick is to use another cd and try and insert it into the slot, after that the changer relise that it has another cd inside, it will cough it out...

CD manufacturing tolerances nowadays are pretty much standard UNLESS you use really inferior blanks then tai chee leow leow. Screw the changer and get a quality head unit for the cabin lah hehehe

Now ipod generation leow lah - take some time, rip all your CDs w/o compression codecs n ur SQ should be just as good as CD.

Guest angela

Hi

Offtrack a bit ..but how come my C200 (w203) CD changer unable to play MP3 CDs ?

i think the stock audio 20 for the w203s dun allow mp3 playback. tired it before... all i got was a single track without sound.... if u want more songs, suggest u use cd-rw, save costs and can reburn many many times...

Guest sy69u

bro dash, to repair at S$320.00, its crazy. use the money plus add a little more to upgrade to be a better head set tat comes with a multi cd changer.

or like 9339 said, leave the problem, change the car...............hehehehehehehe

Guest jenvid

bro dash, to repair at S$320.00, its crazy. use the money plus add a little more to upgrade to be a better head set tat comes with a multi cd changer.

or like 9339 said, leave the problem, change the car...............hehehehehehehe

Or you shld have pass me the changer, I remove the CD for you. There is only 1 thorx screw holding the changer, unscrew, unplug the MOST fibre optic cable & you are done. That's on hindsight lor....

Alternatively, to add poison, I got a Blaupunkt Bremen MP74(with W203 bracket)[Time alignment possible] matched to a Diamond Audio 7650 amp (6 channel 50W RMS), 1 Farad Cap + a pair of rear speakers complete with cross braided speaker cables for front & rear, interconnects, noise filter etc for sale cheap cheap.. Then I welcome you to ICE poison dept... kekeke

Then can also play MP3 CDs & plug in an iPod...

thanks bros for the many responses....

but GASP!

I posted this thread to whine and complain a bit but now kena poisoned to

I have solution to this.....

Change the CD changer or the car..... :yumyum:

change car or

Alternatively, to add poison, I got a Blaupunkt Bremen MP74(with W203 bracket)[Time alignment possible] matched to a Diamond Audio 7650 amp (6 channel 50W RMS), 1 Farad Cap + a pair of rear speakers complete with cross braided speaker cables for front & rear, interconnects, noise filter etc for sale cheap cheap.. Then I welcome you to ICE poison dept... kekeke

Then can also play MP3 CDs & plug in an iPod...

add more ICE poison!

gasping for breath here liao....pant pant... haha

next time when my CD jam again will pass to our gadgets man to take a look 1st!!! :thumbsup: