• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

BlackVue 400 or 500 or iTronics 100-HD?

I was on Blackvue 400, had overheating issues. Downgraded to a 380, had the same overheating issues. Don't really wanna take my chances and pay more for the 500. I'm on iTronics now, running fine so far.

I was on Blackvue 400, had overheating issues. Downgraded to a 380, had the same overheating issues. Don't really wanna take my chances and pay more for the 500. I'm on iTronics now, running fine so far.

Mind elaborating the overheating issue? cos i'm using blackvue dr380. Haven face any problems yet. crossing my fingers...

Mind elaborating the overheating issue? cos i'm using blackvue dr380. Haven face any problems yet. crossing my fingers...

Video images become very milky, GPS date, time (as you can see, I'm driving in the day but time recorded is 10pm), speed all wrong.

Same thing happened for my DR380 and DR400.

post-105-0-02513900-1368581942_thumb.png

i see... i did a research after Alvin adviced me to go for ITRONICS.  Indeed, most of the review reflected overheating issues on BV. I am leaning to ITRONICS now cos i saw an offer on Qoo10 market at $261 less installation. 

I am running fine with 2 Blackvue DR400HD for > a year - No problem for the last 9 months!

My colleague just installed Blackvue DR500HD - will send live video to your mobile or iPad/Tablet via wifi

http://www.smartcamdirect.com/blackvue_dr500.html

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Got a friend with a DR380, has started to become milky but not as bad as mine yet. By the way, things I say about BV is based on my experience with their devices. I've no idea if they've solved the over heat issue already or not.

My aircon too cold because it's switched on 24/7.

hamilton-scott-apartment-singapore-car-p

Steady! Next poker session at your place!

• Like 1

I've been using the new DR500 for the last 1 month. So far no issue. Quite cool as I can view the video footage straight away on my ipad or iphone via wifi. I can also format the mirco sdcard on the device itself - dont need to take it out of the device and format it using my pc or laptop. Only thing about the DR500 is that the size is bigger than my previous DR400.

I've been using the new DR500 for the last 1 month. So far no issue. Quite cool as I can view the video footage straight away on my ipad or iphone via wifi. I can also format the mirco sdcard on the device itself - dont need to take it out of the device and format it using my pc or laptop. Only thing about the DR500 is that the size is bigger than my previous DR400.

Dun like the DR500HD size can trade with DR400HD....hehehe! :)

Cheers

Bisa bapak. Tetap harus 'topup' dengan sepuluh cantik ceweks dari la la land. Boleh? Heee Heee.... Kalau bapak senang semuanya juga bisa

NP Boleh! Boleh! Ada apa yg Bpk inginkan! :)

Cheers