• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Wheel alignments

Rocky

In wheel alignment, only toe in or toe out is adjusted. It's is to cancel out any drifting of the car while driving straight with hands off on the steering.

Camber is the angle of the wheel relative to vertical, as viewed from the front or the rear of the car. Unless the suspension is changed, the camber is hardly needed to be adjusted. The other possibility is also an accident involving the wheel. Most continental cars have the camber set negatively at 0.5 deg for max performance as most tyres are designed to grip it's best in corners at this level. It's normal to wear more rubber on the inside of the tyre.

Some owners who love the slammed look go for max negative camber like this pic.

post-178-0-40970000-1368338867_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the info.

I have a camber problem then. The car is not drifting off anywhere.

My wheels are just wearing off on the inside.

My first set of tyres did not wear off that fast on the inside.

So now that I've ascertained the problem.

Could anyone recommend a shop to where I could get it adjusted?

I would appreciate a shop name and location..

Thanks

Thanks for the info.

I have a camber problem then. The car is not drifting off anywhere.

My wheels are just wearing off on the inside.

My first set of tyres did not wear off that fast on the inside.

So now that I've ascertained the problem.

Could anyone recommend a shop to where I could get it adjusted?

I would appreciate a shop name and location..

Thanks

Did you lower the suspension?

Try MBM or Juzz4cars workshops. Both are located in Sin Ming Autocare....the latter on the 3rd flr & former on the 1st flr.

• 1 month later...

Hi bro Rocky,

I have the same problem with your ride. The difference with my ride is I've change to lower springs. Fong Kim advice me to install the camber so the car will not drift to either side when going on straight road.

Damage is $280 excluding GST. 

Any bros can advice how much other workshop charge?

Rocky, have you install the camber? Care to share how much you paid because I got to install it next week.

Hello Rocky. Not an expert. Just sharing my experience. I had the same issue on my Jap mit Evo X. Was told to install camber and I did but it makes noise when car is in motion. I inquired and was told that is normal for after market cambers. I was dismayed. Talk to some X buddies and some swear by his name. I'm sure some of you know him. Kenny. He owns a merc too. At Amk autopoint. His shop has nothing but 2 ramps and 2 alignment systems. Kenny solved my problem without the need of aftermarket cambers. Well at least in the report he generated shows that the problem had been resolved. May be worth exploring. Damage was less than 100$ for the X. I have not had my merc aligned by him...yet:)

Love my family (especially Mom, Wife and Son), VW GOLF R MK6 5-Dr 2011 White & C&C Mercedes-Benz (W212) Moon Roof 2011 E-Class 250 Silver Stock Turbo<p>My ride's pictures here: http://www.sgmerc.com/gallery/album/118-june-2013-detailing-day/

2nd post i alrdy put liao.... Go find him ba...

+1

Love my family (especially Mom, Wife and Son), VW GOLF R MK6 5-Dr 2011 White & C&C Mercedes-Benz (W212) Moon Roof 2011 E-Class 250 Silver Stock Turbo<p>My ride's pictures here: http://www.sgmerc.com/gallery/album/118-june-2013-detailing-day/

Hello Rocky. Not an expert. Just sharing my experience. I had the same issue on my Jap mit Evo X. Was told to install camber and I did but it makes noise when car is in motion. I inquired and was told that is normal for after market cambers. I was dismayed. Talk to some X buddies and some swear by his name. I'm sure some of you know him. Kenny. He owns a merc too. At Amk autopoint. His shop has nothing but 2 ramps and 2 alignment systems. Kenny solved my problem without the need of aftermarket cambers. Well at least in the report he generated shows that the problem had been resolved. May be worth exploring. Damage was less than 100$ for the X. I have not had my merc aligned by him...yet:)

+1 a lot of my friend went there as well.

Bro, besides site sponsor and those recommended, you can try Mike at Kian Tong Sin Ming AutoCare, went there twice, once was a camber issue and second he resolved by rotating the tyres. Thorough job and will try not to mess with the vehicle's recommended set up as far as possible.

Hello Jon, Amk point 4 th floor. Regularly go there to get my X re-aligned after major work that involves sub frames were done. So can only remember how to drive there. Good luck and do keep us posted. James.

• Like 1

Kenny sound like a guy I should be looking for. Got the name of the shop and address?

Kenny sound like a guy I should be looking for. Got the name of the shop and address?

He solved my problem. . .call him . number in pm. James.

Thanks Bros Sliver surfer and James.

No p. Hope Kenny solves your problem. James. .

• 2 months later...