• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

news.com.au : Optus announces iPhone's full Australian price

Optus announces iPhone's full Australian price

BY STAFF WRITERS July 03, 2008 02:20pm

OPTUS has announced the iPhone will sell for A$729 or A$849 on a prepaid plan when it is released in Australia next week.

Customers opting to purchase the device on a prepaid plan without a contract will pay A$729 for the 8GB model, or A$849 for the 16GB model.

The prepaid cap plans range from A$30 a month to A$100 month, with up to 1GB of data included in the $100 plan.

The iPhone will be locked to the Optus network – an A$80 fee will apply for unlocking within the first 6 months, or for free after the user has recharged to the value of A$80.

Optus is also offering the iPhone 3G on 12- and 24-month contracts, with monthly handset repayments for all of the 12-month plans and some of the cheaper 24-month plans.

Earlier this week, Telstra announced the first Australian prices for the new-model iPhone, tied in with the carrier's 24-month contracts.

Related stories

In-depth: All the news on Apple iPhone in Australia

Contract: Telstra reveals 24-month plan prices

The cheapest offer with Telstra was an 8GB iPhone for $279 up-front on a 24-month contract, coming to $999 in total.

Apple has not announced the outright retail price for the iPhone.

Links

Optus iPhone pricing – http://www.optusiphone.com.au/pricing.aspx

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 9339

With the release price, many will stop dreaming....Nearly 1k

Just for a comparison, old iphone 16gb(export) selling $900 now, 3g iphone will be tag at $$$ ???

Only the die hard apple's fan will buy it when it launch here....

Guest Cklasse

I may not buy if the price hit close to a $1000. Heard there is no bluetooth in iPhone, then I may not buy since it will not be able to pair with my Garmin. I will watch the Garmin Nuvifone for consideration or just get a cheap phone. Err.....Ran ah...any lobang? ;D

Heard there is no bluetooth in iPhone

iPhone is bluetooth equipped. Posted this article bcoz Optus is under the SingTel stable so don't expect pricing to differ too much since SingTel are somewhat "regional" distributors.

Guest 9339

I am just doing a rough guess since the 1st gen iphone 16gb are selling as export phone(no wty), the new 3g's could not be selling near this price,it could be higher than 1k unless this 1st gen 16gb drop to $500, than this 3g iphone 16gb still got chance to retail at below $1K

Guest jenvid

I may not buy if the price hit close to a $1000. Heard there is no bluetooth in iPhone, then I may not buy since it will not be able to pair with my Garmin. I will watch the Garmin Nuvifone for consideration or just get a cheap phone. Err.....Ran ah...any lobang? ;D

bluetooth... half correct lor... can only BT to earpiece & nothing else. forget abt beaming stuff back & forth...

bluetooth... half correct lor... can only BT to earpiece & nothing else. forget abt beaming stuff back & forth...

...till someone writes a patch for it hehehe