• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

E Class 08 Model - Need Help + Comments on "CL" Front Grille

Guest angela

Guest angela

dear all,

just bought a new e200 after selling my beemer.

need your expert advice and views whether the car would look good if i were to change to the "cl" after market front grille.

for those who have done it, kindly post a picture, cost and where i can get it done.

very much appreciated.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sy69u

welcome to the merc family. w211 is a very good choice. you can try MBM to see if they have the stock for the grill. as for the photos, i have not seen it being done yet. but u can always be the 1st to do it if can. & please remember to post the pictures. so far only have 3 active members driving the new generation w211. do join us for the meet-up. btw, we are driving up to malacca tomorrow. join us please. think only 1 w211 will be driving up.

Guest 9339

Welcome to Sgmerc :welcome:

Look wise it depend on oneself, why dont you drop by any one of our Monthly GTG or mini gathering to check it out yourself.

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

MERCEDES BENZ :thumbsup:

Guest funng

hi bro, great to know another w211 member. I have only seen the CL grille on a E55 (i don't know whether its authentic amg, but its has the whole amg kit, have to open bonnet to confirm). it looks sporty to me, in a way also aggressive. but like what the other two bros mentioned. looks wise really do depend on you. :iconsalut:

On a more personal opinion, I would keep the 3 pointed star where it originally is. perhaps save the money for a Kbox/pulley kit or some bling bling rims. :punk1:

Guest angela

thank you for your warm welcome.

the car is giving me a lot of joy ... the ride and the feel. my wife commented that we should have bought mercs rather than beemer previously. the gear change is smooth and the ride is steady. what i love most is the turning radius. i think i will be a mercs e class driver for life. c class too compact and s class too big/expensive, though cls and clk look interesting :3some:

i actually ordered a c class but it would come very late say nov as i chose to upgrade to amg sports package and panoromic roof. after some weeks, i couldnt wait any longer and immediately switched to e class. though i still dream of my indented white c class, i am very happy with my e class now. the twin pipes and avantgarde rims look cool !!

Guest angela
Guest angela

hi bro, great to know another w211 member. I have only seen the CL grille on a E55 (i don't know whether its authentic amg, but its has the whole amg kit, have to open bonnet to confirm). it looks sporty to me, in a way also aggressive. but like what the other two bros mentioned. looks wise really do depend on you. :iconsalut:

On a more personal opinion, I would keep the 3 pointed star where it originally is. perhaps save the money for a Kbox/pulley kit or some bling bling rims. :punk1:

if you look at the ebay links above, would you think that i still have the chrome grille surrounding after replacing with "CL" grille product or it replaces the whole grille totally?

Guest funng

IMC ]

the car is giving me a lot of joy ... the ride and the feel. my wife commented that we should have bought mercs rather than beemer previously. the gear change is smooth and the ride is steady. what i love most is the turning radius. i think i will be a mercs e class driver for life. c class too compact and s class too big/expensive, though cls and clk look interesting :3some:

i actually ordered a c class but it would come very late say nov as i chose to upgrade to amg sports package and panoromic roof. after some weeks, i couldnt wait any longer and immediately switched to e class. though i still dream of my indented white c class, i am very happy with my e class now. the twin pipes and avantgarde rims look cool !!

Good choice! yours is a E200k? the size is probably just nice for moving around singapore.

Looks like we' wrote:

if you look at the ebay links above, would you think that i still have the chrome grille surrounding after replacing with "CL" grille product or it replaces the whole grille totally?

looking at the pictures. i think you'll still have the chrome surround grille. i would go from black though, whole car silver already. some colour variation.

MBM might have ready stock, the price on ebay seems high. yet to include shipping and labour somemore.

this SL grille, for me, if silver car, will go for silver color grille, well its still up to you!

this SL grille replaces the whole grille!!

Guest angela

this SL grille, for me, if silver car, will go for silver color grille, well its still up to you!

this SL grille replaces the whole grille!!

silver looks like whole silver and no chrome ... black one looks like have some chrome. can u explain why u think it replaces the whole grille? it doesnt seem to have any edge at the side. mbm stock is whole chrome which looks a bit uncle.

silver looks like whole silver and no chrome ... black one looks like have some chrome. can u explain why u think it replaces the whole grille? it doesnt seem to have any edge at the side. mbm stock is whole chrome which looks a bit uncle.

yup the silver, for this don't the the chrome, look at the pics below, can't really explain why

n727453246_222186_667.jpg

the C-klass with the silver SL grille, this grille will fit nicely over yours that's why need to remove the original.

n727453246_312392_1281.jpg

this E-klass also with the silver SL grille, also fit nicely.

MBM has the full chrome?? hmmm actually if that time for mine, if got full chrome, i will sure buy it!!, well for mine, only top part chrome, and the mini strips lor..

Guest jenvid

Welcome bro !!!

U shld have make a trip down to the MB driving Experience at Changi Exhibition Centre...

You will then love your E to the last bit... hahaha

I seriously doubt you can find any original MB CL fitting on the FL W211 because the whole front bumper is pointed...IMHO this type of grill design looks nice only when there is a gentle slant from the bonnet to the bumper...

For pics, you can try MBworld.org, should be able to see some US chaps installed it.

sy69u: Who is the 3rd active member with the FL W211 ? cant seems to recall leh.. must be getting old.

looks cool with my car in silver colour ... where can we get this done in spore and at what price, bro? getting excited ... let me know and i will rush down and get it done today !

Bro, you can get this from ebay! Its much more cheaper than asking local shop to import it!

Guest sy69u

Welcome bro !!!

U shld have make a trip down to the MB driving Experience at Changi Exhibition Centre...

You will then love your E to the last bit... hahaha

I seriously doubt you can find any original MB CL fitting on the FL W211 because the whole front bumper is pointed...IMHO this type of grill design looks nice only when there is a gentle slant from the bonnet to the bumper...

For pics, you can try MBworld.org, should be able to see some US chaps installed it.

sy69u: Who is the 3rd active member with the FL W211 ? cant seems to recall leh.. must be getting old.

1. sy69u

2. jenvid

3. four_eggs

4. cblack's bro (some times)

total 4 liow. hehehehehehehehe

Guest angela

Bro, you can get this from ebay! Its much more cheaper than asking local shop to import it!

going to order from ebay as local no stock. the delay is activating the ebay account ... took ages.