• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

AMG BBK Discussion

Odessus

Nice set up. Btw does this BBK produce any noise when braking?

some feedback yes

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

Nice set up. Btw does this BBK produce any noise when braking?

Mine does squeak occasionally, but that's perfectly normal for most BBKs. After sometime, I got used to it & now it puts a smile on my face whenever I hear it.

U using AMG BBK? Heard from few of them this kit totally noise free.

Yes...it's AMG. Don't believe it...go check it out here http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/wheels-tyres-brakes-suspension/110179-c63-squeaking-brakes.html & http://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/334845-brake-squeal-under-light-braking-noise.html.

BTW are you guys using MB brake pad with your AMG kit?

you meant AMG brake pads?

I had tried other OEM brake pads on AMG BBK....the result is less satisfied....especially the feel and the stopping seems more abrupt on a non AMG brakepads.

you meant AMG brake pads?

I had tried other OEM brake pads on AMG BBK....the result is less satisfied....especially the feel and the stopping seems more abrupt on a non AMG brakepads.

Bro

What I mean is the MB OEM brake pad for the AMG BBK. Which mean there is brake pad sensor connected to it.

Bro

What I mean is the MB OEM brake pad for the AMG BBK. Which mean there is brake pad sensor connected to it.

the Brake Pad sensor is an independent item regardless which brake pads you use.

When you purchase the AMG BKK, it comes with the brake pads. The sensor doesnt cost much to replace. like $5 if i am not wrong.

Only prob for cars with electronic handbrakes is that one would really have to think twice because installing aftermarket BBK for the rear side will render handbrakes no longer useable. Don't think would be good on gearbox as parking brakes...

How did u come to this finding?

Was enquiring on bbk for my a250 w176 which came stock using elec handbrakes and this is what I was told from the shop. Clarified with another friend and he concurred. However both were using BMWs (with elect handbrakes of cause) as reference.. Was told this only applies to elect handbrake/parking brake system and not for the manual type. Any bros here encounter such issues? Or maybe I was just being smoked...

Was enquiring on bbk for my a250 w176 which came stock using elec handbrakes and this is what I was told from the shop. Clarified with another friend and he concurred. However both were using BMWs (with elect handbrakes of cause) as reference.. Was told this only applies to elect handbrake/parking brake system and not for the manual type. Any bros here encounter such issues? Or maybe I was just being smoked...

Your friend is right....the rear BBK does not work for electronic parking brake. You may want to consider upgrading the front to a 4 pot AMG BBK & keeping the OEM rears for better balance.

• 4 weeks later...

Your friend is right....the rear BBK does not work for electronic parking brake. You may want to consider upgrading the front to a 4 pot AMG BBK & keeping the OEM rears for better balance.

the FLw204 brakes are electronic? I thought I had to physically depress the parking foot brake?

the FLw204 brakes are electronic? I thought I had to physically depress the parking foot brake?

Fl w204 can change rear bbk, not electronic. No issues with foot parking brakes. I had mine done up. Cheers

W204 is using foot brake, but I was referring to A250 earlier. My W204 is currently on AMG 6/4...no problem.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

does changing to the bbk remove the squealing brake sound?

Yes...90% of all BBKs have some squealing sound. Some loud, some subtle. You will need to live with it. For me, that's 'music' that tell me my brakes are power!

So ironic....

i am in the 10%tile for the W212 AMG BBK. No squeeky at all. Hot or cold rotor. AMG pads or OEM pads

i am in the 90%tile for the W204 AMG BBK. The squeek irritates my wife and she commented....Go and check your brakes asap.