• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Bad Valet Experience

Guest johnglh

Guest johnglh

Guys,

just to share my bad experience last sunday at a hotel valet.

Was rushing for time, i asked to valet parked my car and asked the valet to bring up the roof as i was running late.

Upon collection, realised that the vario roof did not close completely (small glass panel at the sides are still down) when i collect the car after the wedding dinner.

manage to close back all the side glass panels and wah la, try to bring down the roof again.. JAM... the roof couldnt come down anymore.

now left at mbm to check all limit switch and hydraulics.. sighzzz.... not sure if it is the effect of swtiching off the engine and leaving the roof not completely closed.

:banghead:

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest redhood

Guys,

Was rushing for time, i asked to valet parked my car and asked the valet to bring up the roof as i was running late.

Upon collection, realised that the vario roof did not close completely (small glass panel at the sides are still down) when i collect the car after the wedding dinner.

manage to close back all the side glass panels and wah la, try to bring down the roof again.. JAM... the roof couldnt come down anymore.

now left at mbm to check all limit switch and hydraulics.. sighzzz.... not sure if it is the effect of swtiching off the engine and leaving the roof not completely closed.

Walau, what a bummer... my deepest sympathies. Which hotel was that? Was looking forward to using valet when I next attend a wedding dinner, but I guess I won't do so with the roof down...

Guest johnglh

laksa,

where were u sunday? didnt see u at meet up.

Anyway, got my ride this morning. all fixed up. Thanks to mbm guys who perform operation on the roof and taking out each limit switch to reset. think they spend like 12 hrs on the car alone.

Guest SgLaKsa

everyone's cars are with so many cosmetics and performance mods, i paiseh to join leh :tongue1: even if join in, still must find a hole to hide :laugh: heehee. Good to hear that your ride was done up :thumbsup:

Guest Cklasse

We are not showing off our cars at meetup, but to poison only.

So don't paiseh...car not mod or Chng should have more reason to attend meetup to get poison.

Guest johnglh

Laksa,

i think it shouldnt be a comparision of who do how much mod or kits on their car? meet up more of new friends and fellow merc drivers and talk c**k and get together. we all share the same passion for MERC..

Cheers

Guest SgLaKsa

Cklasse ]

We are not showing off our cars at meetup, but to poison only.

So don' wrote:

Laksa,

i think it shouldnt be a comparision of who do how much mod or kits on their car? meet up more of new friends and fellow merc drivers and talk c**k and get together. we all share the same passion for MERC..

Cheers

You guys are damp right :punk1: :thumbsup: :2guns:

Guest Sareve

Guys,

Ack I've had this problem myself too, but it was just cause I turned the car off without fully closing the roof. The roof got jammed for a good 15 mins until I turned the car on and off a couple of times and thankfully, it fixed itself. Imo, don't ever ask the valets to do anything for you other than parking the car. I've valet parked my car with the roof off a couple of times because I was in a rush and completely forgot to close it, I came back and found that everything was still in the car, I'd take out my cash card if I do this though.

Btw if you wind up all your windows, people will not be able to reach your cash card. If you keep the windows down, the alarm will sound if anyone reaches inside and tries to unlock your door using the inner door handle.

Btw, what hotel was this? Can you claim from them?

Guest gainax

No offense, but I would think that car valets duties are only to park the car no? They cant be experts on operating/knowing all the functions of all the different car makes yea?

Guest gainax

AGREE.

worst is this one say he park all kinds of cars includ lambo, posh etc... so believe this is chx feet to him.

hahaha...then the valet can go die :dblfk:

Guest 9339

My experience taught me, if you are so careful with your precious car, park it yourself, just like those Super car owner who are at Hilton every Sunday, their use to park it outside the hotel themself, Once you leave the car and your car key to the valet, dont think and dont worry, leave it to your Faith.

Sorry and i dont mean to offend anyone.... :iconsalut:

My experience taught me, if you are so careful with your precious car, park it yourself, just like those Super car owner who are at Hilton every Sunday, their use to park it outside the hotel themself, Once you leave the car and your car key to the valet, dont think and dont worry, leave it to your Faith.

Sorry and i dont mean to offend anyone....

True. I guess that's why I sometimes take the trouble to find a corner lot or somewhere near a pillar especially when you can sense a goondu fellow who anyhow park car