• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Shiok! Hit the Highway (North-South Highway)

Guest SgLaKsa

Guest SgLaKsa

Jenvid ]

SgLaKsa ]

Why don' wrote:

You should have joined the Melaka trip. Heard 2 blokes cruised between 200~220km/h :bboyspin: practically all the way back from Melaka till exit of N/S to Tuas...

To add on to this, Is at NIGHT with no street lamp ..... 200-220km/h :iconsalut: or in actual, one guys clock 243km/h on the GPS

Wah Mr. V and his buddy are really DDs (Dare Devil) man... ' wrote:

Huh ? Bro... drive once on autobahn and life is never the same...

This are the 2 memories that stayed deep deep in me

1) Driving a C Class CDI at 160km/h and kena chiek by a Vito Van !!!

2) Driving a Passat at 230km/h on the leftmost lane and kena chiek by a BMW 5 series towing his ferrari on a trailer.

:tazzie: :tazzie: :tazzie: :tazzie: :tazzie:

:D :D :D :D :D :D

The more normal driving experience is Austria is like in snowy roads you cruise at 180km/h in total absolute darkness relying on your GPS on how's the road ahead cuz there aint any car on the road...kekeke...

Wah thats really an 'eye opening' read... difficult to even believe it, but ppl are actually doing it :iconsalut: :iconsalut: :iconsalut: their balls must be the size of Thailand AAA coconut :o :o :o

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jenvid

practise make perfect but cannot do it too often as we do not know which part of our car wear & tear.

Wheel bearing, suspension, brakes, tyre, road condition etc factor could........

Jeff experienced teach us a lesson.

Yah, you are so right man....took me a few trips to brave the 200km/h barrier. But man u sure 'hate with envy' those porsche. It comes as a blip in your rear view mirror & gone past u in seconds....

Oh yes the lanes are wider to cater for the higher speed.

Couple things that I learnt on autobahn... obedience & slipstream.

damn... I am itching for germany again... the pork knuckles, sausage, potatoe salad, weisswurst & merc rental car.... no I dont do beer, hahaha.. :offtopic:

Guest sy69u

very unfortunate for me, a few trip to germany didn't get a chance to try out the autobahn.

me lagi very very unfortunate.... never go germany or any where else. only go to NSH to buka..... hehehehehehehe

Guest kepiting1sg

practise make perfect but cannot do it too often as we do not know which part of our car wear & tear.

Wheel bearing, suspension, brakes, tyre, road condition etc factor could........

Yah, you are so right man....took me a few trips to brave the 200km/h barrier. But man u sure 'hate with envy' those porsche. It comes as a blip in your rear view mirror & gone past u in seconds....

Oh yes the lanes are wider to cater for the higher speed.

Couple things that I learnt on autobahn... obedience & slipstream.

damn... I am itching for germany again... the pork knuckles, sausage, potatoe salad, weisswurst & merc rental car.... no I dont do beer, hahaha.. :offtopic:

Jen,

20 years ago, I broke my 200km/hr viriginity on the German Auto-bahn.

Nowadays Auto-bahn too crowded liao and towns are so nearby to each other where speed limit of 100 km/hr are imposed :whip2:

BTW pardon my ignorance! Those B roads U guys toking about are the old trunk roads up North?

If they are then these roads in older times are what separate the men from the boys when going up North :punk1:

On the old trunk roads, many Singaporeans have lost their lives there. :death:

Guest sy69u

Batam Cheem ]

Yah, you are so right man....took me a few trips to brave the 200km/h barrier. But man u sure ' wrote:

Jen,

Nowadays Auto-bahn too crowded liao and towns are so nearby to each other where speed limit of 100 km/hr are imposed :whip2:

BTW pardon my ignorance! Those B roads U guys toking about are the old trunk roads up North?

If they are then these roads in older times are what separate the men from the boys when going up North :punk1:

Unker, tats the road. but forgotten tat so many hav lost their lives there. & we travel at about 120 - 180 there lah. now its making me think hard..............

Guest kepiting1sg

sy69u ]

Yah, you are so right man....took me a few trips to brave the 200km/h barrier. But man u sure ' wrote:

Jen,

Unker, tats the road. but forgotten tat so many hav lost their lives there. & we travel at about 120 - 180 there lah. now its making me think hard..............

Those who lost their lives were many inexperienced drivers esp. for those not knowing their limit of their ride.

For some, not time to over-take, they over take esp. when their ride will not make it on time or @ blind corners/bends. :death:

Last time when Policemen wear kaki shorts for uniforms - driving the B roads was damn chiak lat esp. if a few trucks or buses are in front

and the queue can snaked damn long. So if U dun cheong, probably will take hours more to reach your destinations.

So last time on the trunk roads, it's then shiok to cheong esp. from over-taking one truck/bus after another.

That's why I tend to agree with U guys on setting the rules for cheonging the B roads.

Guest jenvid

Batam Cheem ]

Jen,

Hmm... yeah I know.. do it in Austria lor... keke, The alpine road will give u a run for your bravery & guts with GPS of course. wrote:

Yeah.. that's why convoy driving is impt to reach from A to B pronto... Ditto for clearing the jam at custom... wakakaka... it is called tactical maneuver !!! Damn those cams they have installed... haha...cleared 300+ cars in 5~10mins...

Yeah.. that's why convoy driving is impt to reach from A to B pronto... Ditto for clearing the jam at custom... wakakaka... it is called tactical maneuver !!! Damn those cams they have installed... haha...cleared 300+ cars in 5~10mins...

You kena those cams? Tp sent you letter liao?