• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Finding workshop

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

Zen auto used to be economical but not now anymore. Used to frequent there and realized had become their carrot! Started with knocking sound on front driver side under carriage while driving over uneven roads. Went to them, they told me it's engine mounting so I changed engine mount + gearbox mount. Then sound still persist, went back. This time they changed my 4 shock absorber. Still problem exist. Went to do some research from other MB forums and read something about lower control arm. Went back to them to get lower control arm changed for front driver side, finally problem solved. Cost me a bomb as their guinea pig. Then came tailgate problem with limit switch faulty. Tailgate motor working, able to close but unable to full latch. OBC shows tailgate not closed. Went to them, ended up motor spoilt but limit switch repaired. Then they said my motor is not working well thus when they replace the switch, motor broke down. Also changed my two tailgate absorbers at the same time and worst of all, charged me 850 for programming! Total bill ended up 1800+ for a faulty switch in the beginning. Frankly, I don't understand what programming needs to be done for tailgate! Even if so, why 850! And also now they are GST registered for info.

Now trying out Chip Soon.

Since started, thought I wanna share one more bad experiences with them. Sometime back, my Car stalled and cannot start. Towed back to them. They replaced my fuel pump. Then called me said still cannot start. Then found out its crankshaft position sensor faulty. Had it replaced and work done. My point here is in the first place, is the fuel pump really spoilt or they just changed to trial & error! After changing the fuel pump then they realized still cannot. Again I read in some other forums there are ways to test if the fuel pump is working instead of just change and try. Collected my car, on my way to pick my wife, car stalled again in nicoll hway while slow moving (jam). Hazard light on, waited 1 or 2 mins, managed to start again. Straight away drove back to Zen. Then they replaced another new crankshaft position sensor, claiming the supplier given them inferior quality parts. Next day, car ready for collection and lasted for almost 3 months. Same problem happened again. I am not going back to them anymore.

Believe yours is w164, ML is a rare car that they touch on, they could had tried to solve by using methods they done on other brands on SUVs, so can understand, when you feel you are like a guinea pig, there are times, when trying to solve issues, one will have to try solve one by one in the line of the problem especially when the vehicle is rare one that they touch. I was an engineer, when try solving issues, must try isolate bit by bit first lor...

had seen many saloons lei... like w221 also...

on the GST registered potion, I know it was only recently lor, as government officers are clamping down on workshops lor, monitoring or can say spying on their daily "sales" or amount of cars they repair.

As car get older with more mileage more parts will failed. At times when repairing or replacing one part other fault will surface.. I am once an engineer so i know this.. Say if A B C D are all interlink to perform one function. If B failed I replaced B but C may failed some time down the road..

Ah Hui been doing my W124 in the past. I am those who will asked him change A B C D at one go but he will advise no need to waste money. I remember my fuel pump old liao so need to replace. He advised that i should replaced the inline fuel filter too which I did. He been honest, if he using oem parts he will make known to me.

He done my BM E36 too..

For cars in those times i trust him.

I used to service by Chip soon and lately finds their service level has drop drastically. Similar to above complaint, didn't do details diagnostic just simply change the parts, probably due to too many cars. Stop going there and now sourcing for another workshop.

• 3 months later...

Just read on Chip Soon...not jumping on the wag wagon....his guys forgot to cap off 2 air con connections after refrigrant topup...found out when the caps got blown from below the wipers during car wash...been with them since after warranty....disappointing their service standard heading south...not going back for dont know what the guys can forget.....