• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

1985 190E 2.3 16V Cosworth

http://www.sgcarmart.com/main/info-2XaJWt13-1000.html

Great resto project!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

- 185hp from 2.3 16V

- Getrag dogleg 5 spd trans

- Checked seats and door trim

Daydream plan

- send the engine back to Cosworth for a rebuild

- BBK upgrade

- suspension overhaul

- Gunmetal respray

- new wheels

- reupholster interior

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Guest millionmilebenz

Don't know bro... I think the seller in this case really knows how rare his car is, so he has priced it for a real collector buyer. Other 190 costs half the price!

Anyone keen on making this a group restoration project? It can be a mean SGMERC track machine!

Anyone keen on making this a group restoration project? It can be a mean SGMERC track machine!

Wah seh this would be awesome man. Was having a chat with bro Mike about this car earlier and it got pretty interesting.

Engine is based off an M103 block with Cosworth developed heads and camshafts. Transmission is a Getrag 5 speed with racing shift pattern. Getrag makes trannys for high powered vehicles such as the R34 GTR, Ford V8s etc.

Resto (Must sit down and discuss with Ben @ Automobil Manufactur)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

.Stripping down the entire car and giving it a bare metal respray

.Complete rebuild of the Cosworth engine as it would have lost at least 30% of the rated 184hp by now

.Complete rebuild of the tranny

.Complete retrim/reupholster of the interior

.Carbon fibre dash

.Carbon fibre center console

.Recaro fully electric seats

.Suspension overhaul

Exciting leh... it's do-able but I reckon if sharing the car, we need $65k in addition to $35k to make it a complete stunner.

Guest millionmilebenz

Bro Leon, reading your post already make me salivate... :yumyum:

So we're looking at a $100k project? Time to start FUND-RAISING! :clap:

Guest jared201

An RHD Cosworth! can't find one when I was there :banghead: I hope you can keep it rather than sell it. Or sell it to someone who can take care of it dearly. :pray:

Wanna see a US Version restored?

IMG_9910.jpg

IMG_9918.jpg

Read More

Hey Jared,

You got me salivating dude! That is one helluva nice 201 you got there. Out of curiousity, what was the total restoration cost on that beauty ? Also are the Cosworth engine bits easily sourced ? I understand that this model has SLS rear suspension as well ? Hope it's not a bitch to fix.

Guest jared201

Hey Jared,

You got me salivating dude! That is one helluva nice 201 you got there. Out of curiousity, what was the total restoration cost on that beauty ? Also are the Cosworth engine bits easily sourced ? I understand that this model has SLS rear suspension as well ? Hope it's not a bitch to fix.

In the Philippines, 2.3-16 201 restoration costs around SGD$4,000. Cosworth parts were normally salvaged from another dead 2.3-16 190E parts car, others are ordered online, others are ordered from HK or Germany. Actually, that AMG monoblock rims came from Singapore for only $100 on all four. SLS is not that hard to fix, as long as you got the right guy working on it and it does not break easily on normal driving. I think the SLS of this 201 has never been serviced ever since.

Do visit us here in Manila one of these days and we'll tour you to some our classics :D

• 2 months later...

This car was originally made by Mercedes for Track racing...

take a look at this...even though they are talking about the 2.5l version bubt it's mostly the same

really a true future classic...